1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does any one has Gecube X1950XT AGP?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by coolname, Aug 26, 2007.

1. coolname

coolname Member

I cureetly own Gecube X1950XT AGP with ridiculous X turbo fans or whatever. It's so hot, and want to change a cooler. I can't find any fans that will do good to my card. I'm currently considering to buy Termaltake or Zalman, but which series? I want to buy Zalman Fatal1ty FC-ZV9 but I don't if this will fit to mine. I heard that Thermaltake tide water thingy is pretty good too. When I asked them if that will fit to my card, all they saying was it will fit to ATI GPUs..lol? what a ridiculous answer ever...So does anyone know if any of those will fit to by Gecube X1950XT AGP? Thanks

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

IS this a joke?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/527755

402 posts, 17 pages just for you buddy :)

EDIT: If it isnt, then the tidewater works fine. I got a x1950xt (just like you, Gecube) and threw the Tidewater at it, and works ver good. I keep it on the low setting all the time, and it never overheats. Gets to maybe 55C max.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  3. coolname

coolname Member

Hi Waymon! wow I didn't know if Thermaltake tide water would fit to mine!! lol wow I'm so happy to meet a person who has same GPU as mine! So Thermaltake Tidewater fits to Gecube x1950xt agp perfectly? Do you have link of your tide water product? I just want to make sure you know :) Thanks

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

5. coolname

coolname Member

WOW..Waymon you are very alike me..I always buy things from xoxide and newegg..lol :) When I see the waterblock part of that thermaltake tide water, it seems very small that it won't fit to x1950xt agp. Does it really fit to x1950xt agp version of card? Do you have picture of your card with tide water cooler? I really want to see how it look like. :) What about Zalman VF900-cu? Is tide water better than a Zalman?

6. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Well I might have a picture around somewhere. I will look for it later as I am very busy right now.

I guess I could take the card out and snap some photos of it too. I'll probably do that later tonight.

It fits perfectly. There are to silver rights that pop out on the Tidewater's waterblock that expand and go threw 2 of the holes on the Gecube. You then just have to place a plate over the top and screw it on nice and tight.

it comes with ramsinks to, which are pretty small, but I allready had bought some bronze ones from newegg before that and fitted them to the ram on the card.

As for the difference between the TW and the Zalman, I picked the TW because it doesnt create case heat. The heat goes threw the main unit and exits threw the rear of the case threw 2 pci slots.

7. coolname

coolname Member

Waymon, Thank You a lot for your help! I'll order tide water right now! oh so there is silver thingy that expands to holes on Gecube card! wow I didn't know that! Thank you for telling me that :) I really appreciate your help and I'll post some results after I install it to my card! Thank You once more! :) (By the way my idle temp at near 50c~51c. At load I think it's at near 70c~90c. I wish I can get idle temp at around 40c with tide water :)

8. coolname

coolname Member

Oh one more question! Does tide water requires a lot of electricity? I mean like Watt.. I have Antec EarthWatt 500W one. Will it be fine?

9. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yea, 70C-90C isnt good at all. According to RivaTuner, I am idling at 40.25C with the ambiant at 39 and the Tidewater on the low setting. I keep it on low when I run games like BF2, and it doesnt go past 55C. I only turn it on high when I have something that will really test the GPU, like 3dmark06.

The tidewater has a 4 pin molex connector, so it doesnt require alot of power. You should be fine with a 500, I got a 550 and it works perfect, even with 2 HDDs and 2 CD\DVD drives.

Btw, here are the pictures you wanted:

The TW attached to the Gecube
    [​IMG]

Top of Gecube with the strip that holds the TW to the card

[​IMG]

Bottom of Gecube with the waterblock (note: the silver heatsinks on the block did not come with TW attached on it. They did come with the TW, but since I allready had heatsinks attached to the card, I just used these on the waterblock since it got pretty hot.

[​IMG]

This is one thing you should know about, the TW doesnt line up correctly with the 2 pci brackets, since it is slimmer, but it still works fine like that.

[​IMG]

TW and Gecube

[​IMG]

10. coolname

coolname Member

WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH WAYMON! YOUR DETAILED PICTURES' DESCRIPTIONS REALLY HELPED ME A LOT! Thank you a lot for actually spending your own time to take pictures for me :) Now I feel confident about purchasing TW. Thank You Thank You Thank You! (Oh and by the way, what is that circular turnable thingy right below the pump rope on right side of the TW? It looks like you can turn it or something. Is it for set to liquid level or something? Thanks

11. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yea, the shiney nob is a refill cap, although thermaltake says you should have to refill it for 10,000 hours I think. There is also a fluid indicator on the side to tell you how much is left in there.

12. coolname

coolname Member

oh that is the refill cap! cool! so you actually have to buy liquid to fill it like every month or something? I don't understand how can liquid decreases if everything is tightened up? Does liquid leaks out somehow? What if that liquid leaks out from the waterblock? Then my card will be broken :( Do you have any problems with your TW so far? When did you buy it??

13. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

damn, your full of questions! The instructions say that the liquid could evaporate, so you should top it off about every 1.5 years. The liquid does not leak, and you can buy different stuff if you wanted to, but the thermaltake stuff works great.

If the liquid ever did leak out, it would be very slow probably, and it wouldnt damage your card. It is non corosive, and a type of antifreze mixed with some other solvant that is non electically conductive. (wow that was hard to say)

And nope, no problems so far, although the switch to toggle the TW from the high level to low is inside the case, so you have to take off the door to get to it, but I always leave mine on low, and it keeps the temps down fine.

I ordered it on Aug 5 of this year, and I think it came within 2 days (from xoxide)

14. coolname

coolname Member

hehe sorry for the a lot of questions :) thank you so much for answering all my questions! :)

15. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

no prob, post back if you want to know anything else.

16. coolname

coolname Member

waymon do you have ATI tray tool? Did you ever try bench thing? My score came out pretty bad :( it was like 5400 or something.. Can high temp of card affect the score?

17. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

yea, I do have tray tools, at the moment im on my laptop so I cant bench it, but I do know that on 3dmark06 I got like 4900.

As for the heat issue, it could be that, but I doubt it. I will try to get my bench on here later so we can compare.

18. coolname

coolname Member

oh waymon one more question! When I tried to remove this Gecube Turbo X fan, one pin? I don't know how to say it but that little white pin connects card to 4-pin molex power connector, it is glued!! what the hack?! If they glued it, how can I able to take this pin out?

19. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yes, it is glued. I just used a razor and razored it off, and used some force. lol

But yea, you have to use one of those xacto knifes or something...

EDIT: Dont forget to re-apply thermal paste!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  20. coolname

coolname Member

Hey waymon do you know what does that glued pin does? Is it for GPU's power or for fan? All you gotta do is just take everything out and just plug 6pin molex to the card? Does Termal Paste come with TW? Because I only have bad thermal paste from Thermalalright which came with CPU cooler. (Anyway Gecube is so stupid...why would they glued that pin..)