1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does any one has Gecube X1950XT AGP?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by coolname, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yea, Gecube was pretty stupid for doing that. Thermal paste did come with my TW, but I had allready bought Arctic Silver 5, whcih is way better, but the thermaltake stuff should work fine.

The wires that are glued to the card are for power, and temperature monitoring sensors because the fan is a TEC, meaning that it adjusts its speed to the temps of the card. Just razor all of those off.

Btw, just ran the Tray tools bench and got 6706.66 on my card...

2. coolname

coolname Member

Damn! nice score! :) Mine sucks..:( lol anyway so that glues pin was for the fan right? Since I don't need that fan, I should take it our then :) oh wait, you said it is for power, and like temperature stuff, maybe I should leave it. Because I always check my temperature from ATI tray tool...

3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

no, you can take it off, it is only for the the fan. You have other sensors on the card to check the temps.

4. coolname

coolname Member

OH so I should take it off lol :) My TW comes today so I'll post some results later today :) thx

5. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Ok, do that. Just post back if you have any other questions. :)

6. coolname

coolname Member

hey waymon I just installed it but i think there is something wrong..My idle temp is at like 54C which is worse than a stock fan..And when I benched tray tool. it got up to like 89C...Why is this..I don't get it...And i turned fan on high not even low..omg what the hack.. :(

7. coolname

coolname Member

oh one more thing, when I see the waterblock metal which touches the GPU of the card, there is rectangular sticker. Do I have to take it off? Becuase I just installed it with that sticker. Mt idle temp is at like 56C..omg

8. coolname

coolname Member

oh wait, I changed thermal paste to other one, and also took sticker off.. Now I get 44C~45C idle temp. I guess sticker and suck thermal paste that came with TW was the problems. Waymon, does your screen like blinks few times when Window start up? My screen like black and window and black and window (blink) about 2 times when window starts up..I don't know why.. I feel bad for it :(

9. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

If there was clear plastic that was on the waterblock, you should've taken that off. Thats there just to keep the shine through packaging so it doesnt get scratched up in the box.

As for the screen, I dont quite understand. It could be a driver issue, what drivers do you have running? I've got the Omega drivers, best ones for a ATi card in my opinion. It fixes all the problems that you can have with a underperforming card.

10. coolname

coolname Member

lol I got really a lot of scratches already on the waterblock. I usually clean thermal paste off with a tissue, and never realized a tissue can make scratches on waterblock..:( anyway waymon where can I download that omega driver? Since we have same card, I believe the driver you using now would perfectly fix my problems too. Can you plz gimme the link for your driver? What version should I download? I'm currently using driver which came with the Gecube.

11. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

You can get them from here: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

The setup didnt work correctly for me (probably wont for you either) so I mad a guide for anyone who has the omega drivers and cant get the installer to finish.

-- Run driver/install

-- After fails, right click on desktop, and select Properties

-- Go to Settings, then Advanced

-- Click on Adapter tab, you should see your Adapter type (e.g. RADEON X1950XT Series)

-- Click on Properties button

-- Click on Driver tab

-- Click on Update Driver... button

-- Click on "No, not this time" button (to bypass Hardware Wizard searching the web)

-- Click Next

-- Click on "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" button

-- Click Next

-- Click on "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" button

-- Click Next

-- Click on Have Disk...

-- Click Browse...

-- Navigate to the location where ATI installed the driver files. For example, for me they reside in C:\Program Files\Radeon Omega Drivers\v3.8.360\2KXP_INF\CX2K_RAD_OMEGA

-- Select the file.

-- Click Open

-- Click Ok

(The next part is a little confusing, but seemed to work for me)

A dialog comes up with a huge list of drivers. I Navigated until I found the RADEON X1950XT.

-- Click Next

At this point a driver warning dialog popped up that recommended against installing the driver because Windows could not verify it, but I threw caution to the wind and installed it anyway

-- Click Finish

* * * Whew * * * that was painful.

Then, let Windows reboot your pc, and when it starts up again, log on. It may take up to 30 seconds for the driver to finish "refreshing", as the screen may turn on and off a couple of times, just wait, that is normal.

Basically, thats all I did to get my x1950xt working like it should be.

12. coolname

coolname Member

hey waymon it seems omega don't work for me.. :( First I removed all the ATI drivers that was installed previously. Then I downloaded Omega driver and installed it. But even I tried more than 3 times and what you told me to do, it won't install to my computer...So I had to reinstall the driver from the CD again.. :(

13. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Really? Hmmm. Why doesnt it work? Are you following the directions exactly?

14. coolname

coolname Member

waymon do I have to install omega driver on ATI catalyst driver? Because last time what I did was I removed all the drivers, such ATI display driver and catalyst whatever things... Somehow Omega didn't work for me.. :(

15. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Oh, well the catalyst drivers are fine too. Its just that some of the ati drivers make your card perform worse than its supposted to. The drivers that came on my cd were ok, but when I installed the omega drivers , I went from about 8-15fps on GRAW 2 all on low, to 25-30 with all high, so I guess you can stick with the catalyst drivers. Just thought you should try the omega drivers out :)

Hows everything else working? The tidewater?

16. coolname

coolname Member

yep. TW working fine, idle 43~45C. Better than Stock fan because that stock fan was way too hot, I mean seriously they blow air to its own board, makes everything hot, BGAs and other else, which is stupid... TW is much better! :) When I had X800XL I also used Omega driver and it was awsome as what you siad. Seriously it actually increased my fps on games..But I don't know why Omega won't install to my computer right now, guess I'm lack of skills.. :( anyway my Antec PSU coming today, so gotta try it to see if PSU was the problem. I currently using Aspire 550W but it sucks so bad. It's kinda burining right now, so I'm guessing that it might be the problem. When this product came at first, whole one molex wire didn't work..WOW which is ridiculous.. I was too lazy for RMA it, and I'm so regretting! lol anyway I'll post some results after install of Antec :)

17. coolname

coolname Member

Wow Antec is very good PSU! It works fabulous! blinking of screen as I mentioned last time has been fixed. :) I believe it was power problem :) Anyway but it seems I'm getting smae fps as before when I play CS:S. I wish I could use Omega driver :(

18. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yea, omega drivers defeinetly would fix that... Antec real good for their PSUs, I have one, works like a charm.

19. coolname

coolname Member

I wish I had Seasonic PSU lol

20. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Why seasonic? whats wrong with your antec?