1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does any one has Gecube X1950XT AGP?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by coolname, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Yes, I have the latest omega driver from here:http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Try download ATi Tool and run the 3d view thing and tell me what your average is. I get 580fps. What game are you trying to run that wont work? What are your fps?

2. coolname

coolname Member

hey this might sounds so newbee but where can i find that 3d thing? lol Can;t find it hehe. I only see like Hardware, Direct 3D, Tweaks, Tool & options stuff.. Where is that 3d thing?

3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

You need to download ATiTool. There is a butten that says "show 3d view" when you open it. When you open it, a square fuzz box opens and begins to rotate, and it tells you your avg fps and current fps. Leave it running for a while, and you average should be around 580fps. This stresses your gfx card, so it gets real hot too. I've had mine get to 67C max with the TW on full speed. I know I'm being paronoid but I think anything over 60C is to hot.

4. coolname

coolname Member

I ran it for like 10min~15min. My temp got up to 67~68, and my avg fps was 576..this is bad.. :(

5. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

no, 576 is perfectly fine! Thats around where it should be. The temps is fine too, I get around the same.

6. burtkwok

burtkwok Guest

Hi, I recently got a gecube x1950xt 2nd hand. As with most people I have read about I suffered problems with system stoppin. Firstly which I thought was down to PSU which led to buy a psu with 3 12v rails with 40a but then founf the same problem. After changing drivers around and looking at temps on rivatuner, which was 40c idle and 60c before it stopped I tried the tightening up trick with no effect so then I went for the Tidewater cooler which I have installed today along with AS5 and have seen no benefit in temps, infact idle is higher and it still stops when gets to 60c.
    I used some arcticlean to get the old paste off first, and made sure my as5 was covering the gpu without being too thick.
    The pipes are not squshed up at all so should be a good flow of water and there is nothing creating heat near the card.
    When playing oblivion I do not get the stopping only once or twice, but with ati tool as soon as it gets to 60 ish it just goes off.
    Do you think its possible the card is damaged in some way or am i doing something wrong?
    No ramsinks as yet but I have read people getting their cards at higher temps without them. Im at a loss at the moment...

7. coolname

coolname Member

hmmm..that's strange. I don't know why your system stops at temp 60C. Temp 60C isn't that high. mine gets up to 80C. If this problems occured after you changed your graphic card, it could be the card's problem..hmm......... Waymon what do you think?

8. burtkwok

burtkwok Guest

I have ordered some ram sinks now. So hopefully that will be it.
    I did some experimenting and underclocked the ram in an attempt to let it run cooler, and it cut out over 70c this time. So maybe it is the ram overheating...

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hehe, most of my ramsinks have fallen off, and my graphics card gets to around 75C in gaming, and doesn't care. I Guess the PCI express versions are more tolerant!