1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOES ANY1 KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF SUBTITLES ON DOWNLOADED FILMS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by jodie_16, Mar 19, 2003.

1. jodie_16

jodie_16 Guest

hello all. does anyone know how to get rid of the subtitles on a film. i downloaded shanghai knights and it has subtitles in japanese lol. does anyone know how to delete them plz.

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I don't know how myself but it may help to know if the movie is AVI, VCD, SVCD, etc...

3. jodie_16

jodie_16 Guest

ok thanx . its an AVI. file.

4. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

A little reading shows me one method of subtitling an avi is to include a .srt file with the .avi and subtitles can then be turned on and off normally with your video player. If thats the case with yours you should be able to turn it on and off or maybe just delete the .srt file. There may be other ways too but that information was readily available.

5. jodie_16

jodie_16 Guest

ok tyvm but could you plz tell me how i do that in detail plz. x

6. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I'm assuming you are using a windows environment. Go to start, search, for files or folders. In the search field put *.srt and make sure the look in field says local harddrives. Click search now. If any files come up in the same folder that you put the AVI file in when you downloaded it that may be your subtitles. Delete it and try playing again. Without knowing your video player I don't know how to turn them off in there.

7. jodie_16

jodie_16 Guest

ok thanks. i did that but it didnt find anything. doesnt matter i just watched a bit and it was done in the pictures because i could hear other peples voices and see people walking past.lol. i think i will get rid of it anyway. cheers anyway for all your help.

8. obieobied

obieobied Member

Dont break your head trying to find .srt .sub or any subtitle files on ur PC.
    When you downloaded that movie (probably a CAM, TS or TC) It's hardcoded with the lyrics. And since its captures with a camera, there is no way to remove the lyrics, sorry.
    [You wouldnt be able to even if it came from DVD]
    What you can do is that if the movie is widescreen, and the subtitles are in the bottom black part, and it really annoys you... you can crop the video and remove the japanese subs...
    To be short, you cant remove 'em.

9. obieobied

obieobied Member

Hmm... im not even sure if hardcoded is the word. I just heard it somewhere, and i thought, that is what it meant... Anyway as long as you know what i mean ;)

10. jodie_16

jodie_16 Guest

thanks ;-)