1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know how to find and burn the extended version of a movie?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Spring2, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Spring2

Spring2 Member

I'm sure someone must know how to do this!! I'm trying to burn the extended version of Meet the Fockers. The Main movie has two titles, but it's not either one. I finally found the extra parts that make up the extended version on Titles 17-25 in the extras section but I want it to be part of the movie, not something to view after. So how do I burn the movie so it plays the extended version like the DVD? I can't figure it out!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Spring2,

If you are using Nero's Recode2 - Remake a DVD - use the start - finish controls to add the extra footage where you like.

Sijnce it doesn't belong, don't except any menus. DVDLab could always be used to create new menus -

DVDLab - Excellent custom menu and authoring tool
    http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/

Nero recode2 -
    http://www.ahead.de/us/neroue-prog.php

Good luck,

Pete

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Spring2
    The disc itself has both movies - theater version and extended version on it. I backed both up using AnyDVD w/ Nero Recode - Recode an Entire DVD. If you pick extended version it tells you you may notice some difference in the audio and video quality (a little icon will appear when a scene was inserted in the extended version). I choose not to finish watching that version. Since the movie (disc) already comes with both you shouldn't have to add the scenes back in. What software are you using?

4. Spring2

Spring2 Member

I used DVD Decrypter to decrypt and am using DVD Shrink to shrink/burn with Nero. I'm now in DVD Shrink In the Main Movie portion it has two Titles: Title 1,2. Using the preview screen I went through both versions and did not see the extra footage in either (I thought it would be in Title 2). I didn't see the the icons come up or the switch to the extra footage. Is it there but not visible during the preview?

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Spring2,

Generally it is in Title 2 - you should see it in the preview and, if you check the time, it should be the one with the longest running time.

NOTE:

As you have Nero, you would do better to use Recode2 in the "Remake a DVD" MODE.

It functions just like DVD Shrink BUT allows you to maintains the menu functions.

Give it a try, it's a much under used proggy which once tried will steal your heart with it's ease and speed. Yes, it does have Deep Anaylsis to keep your quality high.

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  6. Spring2

Spring2 Member

Title 1 and Title 2 are both 1:55.10 5,767 MB. That's what's confusing me. If Title 2 was the extended version, wouldn't I be able to see it in the preview movie screen of DVD Shrink?

7. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

I backed up Title 1 of this movie and included a very small "English" subpicture file that was not the English subtitle file for the whole movie. I included it because I was guessing it was an "as needed" subtitle for very brief foriegn language dialogue. The movie didn't have any foriegn lanuage but I did notice the periodic appearance of an icon in the lower left part of the picture indicating where an extra/deleted scene would go. I didn't analyze Title 2 to see if there was a diference, as I also noticed that the files were of the same exact size, and that the extra scenes were elsewhere on the disk.
    Same situation was present of "The Forgotten", which had extra scenes and an alternative ending, but both Titles appeared identical to me, and I never did find the alternative ending.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I backed up the "Forgotten" and liked the title 2 ending better. I believe you're correct about the size. It's a slightly different ending between Title 1 and Title 2.

Title 2 she's in the park talking to another single parent.
    I believe that in title 1 She's either alone or at the hospital. Noone I spoke with liked that ending :(

Cheers,

Pete