1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anyone Know How To Make Beats?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 1ceCold, Jul 12, 2007.

1. 1ceCold

1ceCold Member

Does anyone know how to make beats with a beat making program (I.E. Fruity Loops)? Please PM! Thank you, 1ceCold

2. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

There are alot of Music software applications out there, Myself I have used fruityloops, Propellerheads reason, Cubase , and most recently Ableton live. I've found that Reason and Ableton live were the easiest to use for me, Fruityloops had a longer learning curve for me. You should check out the demos of the software i've mentioned and see what you think before you decide which one to commit to.

http://www.propellerheads.se
    http://www.ableton.com

3. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

If you get a mac there is Garage Band and it is very user friendly.

4. 1ceCold

1ceCold Member

Ive used many but Fruity Loops is the most advanced. I really want someone to teach me how to use these. Tyrantdj, Can you show me how to use those programs?

5. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

I haven't used fruity loops in years.

I wouldn't say fruity is the most advanced, Check out the links I posted download the demo's. (make your own mind up)

I would recommend Ableton live software, It's becoming a Major player in the Music production industry, with it's ease of use and multi platform compatibility. They have their own user community, and if you have any questions, I'm sure someone there will answer any specific questions you may have.

Propellerheads Reason is similar to fruityloops but doesn't have VSTi support, it's like a virtual studio. check it out and let me know what you think

Good Luck

6. 1ceCold

1ceCold Member

Ableton is harder to use that Fruity Loops. And i havent tried the other one yet. Which ones have you used?

7. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

Currently, i'm using Ableton, and in my opinion once you get to grips with it, it's one of the easiest. I have used Ableton , Reason , Cubase, logic, fruityloops.

But at the minute i'm using Ableton 6.0 & Reason 3.0, both have their strengths & weaknesses. I would recommend trying Ableton and Reason.
    Music production isn't something you going to learn overnight( alot of trial and error ), and their isn't a software program that's gonna create a #1 hit for you.
    Reading the manual of the programs also helps a great deal.

Ableton Live is the software for me and I can't recommend it high enough. Don't dismiss it so easily. Fruityloops has been the hardest music software for me to use, but it could be easier for you.(depending on what your work flow is)

I've tried them all and now just use ableton & reason and cubase for mastering the final mix.

Everyone is different, use whatever your comfortable with.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  8. 1ceCold

1ceCold Member

I was using Ableton Live 6.0 and it was hard to use. Even after reading tutorials and watching vids on how to make beats. Fruity Loops i hooked onto easily. But it was pretty hard getting into all the synthesizers. Thats why I said I would like to talk to you via Ventrilo so you can help guide me through the basic steps to beat making using Ableton or Reason.

9. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

Sorry for the delay in response.

I dont know what Ventrilo is? some sort of skype thing?

Where do you live? USA ? Europe?? Rest of the world???

Could arrange to speak over some sort of messenger thing, but time difference will be a problem.