1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does DVD Shrink have a trojan?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by LauraAnne, Aug 17, 2010.

1. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Member

I recently scanned all my pc programs with Virus Total online scanner and it picked up a trojan inside DVD Shrink exe file called "win32.trojan c2lop" Can anyone tell me if this really is a trojan or a false positive? It also picked up "fraudtool.win32-Erro" inside my Easy Cleaner exe file. I would be grateful if anyone could help, thanks.

2. tnt1125

tnt1125 Member

it depends on where your getting your downloads from

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

usually game cracks/patches and key gens show up as false trogans/malware but dvd shrink is free.probably a dodgy download site or its spread from somewhere else in your computer to dvd shrink.never heard of virus total online scanner.use panda online scan myself.

4. LauraAnne

LauraAnne Member

I am sure i got the download from afterdawn. I have been using virus total online scanner for years as i have found it to be really good. It uses about 40 different antivirus programs to scan your file so there's a much better chance of picking up any spyware etc. I have used a few different online scanners but as no single antivirus can possibly pick up every infection it is a great idea to scan with so many of them. The program that picked up the trojans in shrink and easy cleaner was "esafe antivirus"

5. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

Google what the .exe files are, And as Xbox said about false positives with cracks patches ect.., You will deffo get if using Virus Total,
    also yeh xboxdl2 "Virus Total" been around for a while now and is ok

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ok Hooter.just never heard of it before.

I got my version of dvd shrink from afterdawn and that didnt come up as a virus.None of the files ive downloaded from afterdawn have come up as a virus.If everytime you download something it puts a virus on your computer i'd be looking at something like your web browsers been hacked.apparently internet explorer has security problems and its very easy to get a virus using it.Firefox is better.