1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does FlashBios 2.27/2.28 play back ups?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by HawgFan, Mar 1, 2004.

1. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Ordered my chip at system-mods.com. I emailed them the following question (followed by their response):

I ordered the X-Ecuter 2.3B PRO w/ LPT Adapter Fix (it should arrive tomorrow). I was reading a tutorial (on one of a million x-box websites) that said this chip does not come with a BIOS included. Your website says it comes with a Legal FlashBIOS (based on the Cromwell Linux) BIOS.

My questions:

- Is the Cromwell BIOS installed on the chip from you guys?
    - If so, what version?
    - Can I back up one of my X-box games and play it on my x-box using the Cromwell BIOS you included?

Thanks for your support!
    DJ

ANSWER:

All chips coming from SMT are preflashed with a modified version of cromwell. This is teamxecuter's own revision and its called Flashbios. On our chips you will either have FlashBios 2.27 or 2.28. As for playing backups, SMT does not support it and I can not answer that part of your inquiry.

Thank you,
    Jive

So I guess I'm still in search of the answer to my last question. Will FlashBios 2.27 or 2.28 play back-ups?
    I have downloaded Evox Bios M7, so even if the Flashbios works, should I just flash my new chip with M7 and forget about it?

Thanks for your help (sorry for the long post)!
    DJ

2. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Never mind...I found my answer (had to search "Cromwell" instead of "flashbios").

So I gues the stock Cromwell Flashbios is USELESS.

Oh well, thanks anyway.
    DJ

3. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah it basically what lets you boot up and flash your chip with the hacked bios (xecuter 4981 and EvOx m7)wuch are the latest bios to my knowledge.