1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it exist?????

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by SisterGra, Aug 25, 2010.

1. SisterGra

SisterGra Member

Is there a portable player out there that has what I want/need?
    - huge hard drive space so I can put in higher quality audio to play
    - +4amp Lithium battery so I don't need to charge it so much
    - good on-board sound card like the creativelab zen
    - has cross-fade play mode (does this even exist)?
    Cross-fade is found on most dance music and programs like windows media player 11
    Cross-fade is taking the ends of two audio track and merging in a way that sounds like
    its one track.

o.k. I hope I made myself clear enough. Sorry for trouble you

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the only thing i can think of with huge hard drive space is an ipod original.doubt they'd use a +4amp lithium battery (not sure what battery they use).the only thing i can think of is making one yourself or getting someone with the skills to make 1.I've always thought of taking the hard drive out of an ipod and using it in a standard mp3 player just dont have the skills to do it or an old ipod lying around.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

You are stating too many generalities. How big is big? ipods are the biggest. I know there are at least at 160 g. If you want long battery life get a Sansa View. They are flash players. You will not get long like using a disk. Disk use up the power about 10 times faster than the flash drives. Flash drives last a few years, drives rarely do. They did last a long long time ago when they were very expensive. They use the generation beyond lithium. They are supposed have about 30+hrs of life. They might have a 30g that will take a 30g sd card. You will never get much battery out of a disked system. Do you REALLY need to have more than what you can play 24/7 for a month? That is what 30g will hold for extreme HiFi lossy. Humans can't reliably tell the difference between HiFi lossy and lossless in a double blind test with even the best audio equipment. If you are not listening with HiFi earbuds you probably can't hear the difference between 128 BR and lossless. Standard ear buds roughly match the range of 128s. You can only laugh at fools who claim they can hear the difference between lossless and lossy with garbage equipment.

I have never heard of an mp3 player that will fade in or out. You will need to do that your self.

If you are worried about HiFi music you need to check out extreme in the ear buds NOT the player. They have the best fidelity and can go for as low as $7. The sound of even a very cheap mp3 player is excellent. Making an adequate sound card was perfected in the early 90s. It is about as standard as connecting to a USB.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010