1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does SCSI Interface have much value add?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ALGOO23, Jun 22, 2003.

1. ALGOO23

ALGOO23 Guest

Hi Chaps,
    I Proccured/Stole a 20G 10K rpm SCSI HD and adaptec Scsi controller. Having a little trouble installing but anyway, Is there a huge cycle time reduction in ripping/burning using the SCSI Ultra wide Interface?
    Is it worth installing over IDE is my question?
    Many Thanks and Kind Regards

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

First of, dont be bragging about stealing stuff, its not good for afterdawn and does you no favours.

20GB aint that much, but it is fast. It will speed your computer up in general and you would notice a slight improvement in ripping and compression. However, it will not make a blind bit of difference to the burning process as it can only burn at a maximum of 5MB sec or so, no matter what. The hard drive will be a lot faster than that.

3. ALGOO23

ALGOO23 Guest

Cheers Buddy, Got the drive Installed and its quick and reliable for ripping. I have had 2 IDE Western Dig drives fail for Cylic redundancy check errors and other stuff. Apologies for the "Stole" Remark as i got it at a knock down price.
    regards,

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

no probs, i dont mean to sound like im lecturing ;-] but im usually tired!

Cheers
    Chris