1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the M3 DS simply come with everything?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by RLB31384, Jul 3, 2007.

1. RLB31384

RLB31384 Member

Does it come with everything I will need? Card Reader, MicroSD card, exc. I think some don't come with the MicroSD card? I was looking for a 4gb one but couldn't find any. About how many games will the 2gb hold?

Thanks

2. RLB31384

RLB31384 Member

Also whats the best USA site to buy one from and the microsd card as well. I was looking at deadextreme because someone mentioned it but the cards there say they are japan version. Thanks

3. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

The M3 simply comes with a card reader, but it's extremely low quality, get another reader at newegg.
    A 2GB microSD will hold a minimum of 15 games, maximum of 225, it all depends on the size of the roms. :p

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

DealExtreme is the best place to buy the M3 if you don't mind waiting for it to arrive (2-3 weeks postage)

Where it says Japanese it is usually refering to the MicroSD card included in the bundles, the Japanese Kingston MicroSD is the most recommended card for use with the M3 and R4 as it works with the 'problem games' (Castlevania and Tony Hawks), I use a Toshiba branded version of this card.

On my 1GB card i currently have 21 NDS games, 6 GBA games, 9 MP3 tracks, and several homebrew applications (I also have 2 save files for each NDS game, one from my EZFlash, one from my Simply) I have about 50MB spare.

Standard 4GB cards a hard to come by but do exist, be careful not to buy a SDHC card as these do not (yet?) work with the M3 or R4

Although the card reader included is of low quality I have had no problems with mine (i use it daily, and frequently leave it connected to my PC overnight)

5. RLB31384

RLB31384 Member

So what is it that wont work with a USA DS, I read in another thread that either a japanese M3 simply or a japanese microSD card wont work right with a USA DS?

also does the M3 simply come with a microSD card or does it come seperate, I'm looking at getting this M3 Simply: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3179

And this microSD card, which for some reason has a picture of a 1gb card when its a 2gb..
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2396

Anything else that I need to get? ill probably get a better card reader later along with another microSD card.

6. hailmary

hailmary Member

M3 Simply doesn't come with a microSD card.

Just get a couple kingstons and make sure they are made in japan.

The transfer rate or something on kingstons made in other countries is lower.

So it won't play certain games.

I picked up 2 - 1gb microsd cards from outpost for 10 bucks each w/free shipping 6 weeks ago.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007