1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the region on DVD Recorder applies to Write also?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kwanbis, Jun 13, 2003.

1. kwanbis

kwanbis Member

I have an IBM Multiburner (LG GMA-4020B Firmware A108), and i have seen that it haves 4 changes of region code. It is now set as Region 4, and my DVD reader as Region 1. I want to read all the region 4 DVDs and write them as Region 1. Would the "Region 4" that is set on the recorder apply to it? i have set the DVD image as region free but does this matters? How can i make it region free?

EDIT: (By the way, just to be sure, my DVD writer is now region 1 :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Generally when you rip a DVD, you make it DVD Region Free.

3. kwanbis

kwanbis Member

i do, but my (newbie) question (this is my 2nd DVD-R) was that if the DVD-R had a region selected, the DVD-R would be Region Free or would be recorded as the region the DVD-R is set. I'm almost sure it does not, but i wanted to be sure.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its not a problem, even with your Writer set at region 2, though its best nt to have it like that, when you rip the DVD the regions are gone. When you burn the ripped contents the final DVD will not have any region coding on it!

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Actually. Download in the software section of this site a program that allows you to hack the regions of the DVD. Once you have riped the DVD to your hard drive, you can then right click the IFO file and each vob and select IFO>region free