1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the X-Box have a setting where you can limit your childs play ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Wendywwoo, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Wendywwoo

Wendywwoo Member

Hi,

Could you help me to limit my childs play time on the X-Box.

I have found my child on more than a few occasions playing on the X-box well into the early hours of the night and wondered if there was a way you can restrict the length of play?

2. Mysttic

Mysttic Member

No there isn't, but the one way to do it would be to unplug the power supply, that entire big box, and take it with you to bed. Without that power box, they cant turn it on, unless you happen to own more than one 360.

If the 360 is in his room at night, how about grounding them from playing it. Be more strict by taking the console out and putting it away where they either can't find it, or its under your watch. No one can discipline your child but you; especially a game machine.

Cheers and good luck.

3. izriz

izriz Member

okay, i have 2 kids so i know why you would want to do this and i think that mysttic is being rude with that answer too!

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about parental settings on old type xboxes or xbox 360's (i have both, but haven't ever investigated such settings). I have to say, as a parent i sort of agree with Mysttic, a lot of problems/situations like this can either be handled by a parent or in my case, it's simply not an issue due to my own parenting methods, ie my kids generally do as they're asked, if they don't, they certainly do when my voice/tone gets louder/firmer :).