1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does xbox read DVD+Rs?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by RabbiTaoy, Dec 29, 2003.

1. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

My Verbatim DVD-R works but my Fujifilm DVD+R does not. I don't know what the problem is, is it the DVD_+R or the brand? Thank you.

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Could be the brand of the DVD+R or the brand of the DVD-ROM... My Xbox has a Thompson drive and I've only used Memorex DVD+R and they work great but I,ve heard that Samsung drives are pickier about DVD+R but I've tested and memorex works also with Samsung drives

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

The xbox samsung sdg-605 drive in the xbox wont read dvd+r I have heard on other forums that philips and thomson do , however the make of media can make a difference
    just get dvd-r , seems to work on all xbox dvd drives

4. shallow

shallow Guest

My Philips reads +R, -R and +RW flawlessly so far. Havent tested -RW yet.

5. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I got my new Samsung 605 today and it will not read +R media but reads –R really good! My old Thomson would read both but kept screwing up on both. It did read originals good though. I also replaced the IDE cable with an ATA one and it really does make it faster!

6. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Another thomson her that does pretty well with media.(I've heard bad things about it) But + and +rw work well for me
    Verbatim and memorex

7. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Yea, +R media did seem to work better with the Thomson but I still got booted out of the game a lot. With the Samsung DVD drive I never get booted as long as I use -R media.

Off topic, after I installed my new Samsung drive I could not get my Sims game to play, I kept trying but evox reported it as an unknown disk. I started to freak out, thinking the new Samsung drive was burnt! Turns out it was my PS2 Sims game not my xbox one LOL!

(I like the Sims cant you tell, heh I have the game for PS2 and xbox, how they got swapped, ask my nephew, little bastard HA!)

8. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

HAHAHAHA!!! That was a good one. Yea, i heard the New SIMS:BUSTIN' OUT is good. I rented it, haven't tried it out yet.

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

My samsung drive plays everything,so far.

10. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

is the Sims much cop then?? Played it years ago but tempted to get it...