1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doesn't anyone use the guides before posting "how-to" questions?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cryptdigr, Mar 4, 2004.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Basically yes...DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are no longer being updated so they can't handle the newer copy protections on new releases. With the help of other free programs, such as DVDFab Decrypter and DVD43, they will still work pretty well. But to get the most out of the backup experience AnyDVD would be the best choice IMHO, but it is not free.

2. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

Hi,
    I tried it after dling the software. I still get the same message. There's nothing extra I have to do with the program once I install it is there?

I mean, it's running in the background, but is there something else I need to do w/ AnyDVD ??

Thanks for your patience

3. LOCOENG

Nope there isn't any additional setup involved. Put your DVD in the drive wait for the little red fox head to turn from red to grey and back to red again. I guess you could check the settings in AnyDVD...double click on the fox, hit settings, go to the DVD tab, and under the feature removal options make sure that the software and hardware region options are ticked...this should remove the region codes.

Then open DVD Shrink or Nero Recode or DVD Decrypter (to set up DVD Decrypter to let AnyDVD strip the copy protection do the following: Tools,settings,I/O tab->under the interface options tick the ElbyCDIO->elaborate bytes option.), and rip and edit as needed, then burn with your favorite program.

If the task still doesn't work, you may have a PAL formatted disc that needs to be converted to NTSC. If that is the case, here is a thread explaining how to do that... http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88644

4. jziman

jziman Guest

Yes it is true even me the newby to this stuff knows where the search bar is and how to use it. Hence i never post but have be a subscriber for a long time.

5. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Well than you should share your knowledge.

:>)

Lurking is alright, but you should give others the info you have picked up to.

6. LOCOENG

@jziman

Well then use your knowledge to search for the rules...and look for the part about relevant threads.

7. spjcarter

spjcarter Guest

I have a couple of dvd's that I cant copy with shrink,decrypt or nero. shrink and nero say they are copy protected and decrypt just stops after about 5 minutes. Any ideas, movies are Stealth and Brothers Grimm??

8. oneacer

oneacer Regular member

spjcarter,

Use DVDFabdecrypter (current ver. 2.9.6.8) to rip to HDD (in a folder called something like "Fab Movies"). Then use Shrink (select Open Files instead of Open Disk, select Video in Fab Movies folder) and DVD Decrypter to burn, works great.

BTW, here is a link to bbmayo's guides, very helpful.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/guides.htm

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  9. spjcarter

spjcarter Guest

Thanks I'll try that!!

10. Sevee

Sevee Guest

let me get this straight.. who the bleep would not know how to bleeping burn a cd? put it in the bleeping cd drive and fire up the burning program and bleeping burn the damn thing! BAM! all bleeping done. Applause to me pl0x...

[bold]i'll leave as it's my birthday party over at tumble tots[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2006
  11. LOCOENG

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

someone else got to sevee before me, what a pointless tool.

3 replies and all moronic

13. knownboy

knownboy Member

Can someone please tell me how to copy a dvd to my hard drive on my computer so tht i can save it i need a detailed describtion i was using dvd decrpter but i dunno wht im doing it saves an iso image or sumtin like tht then when i try to open it ...its nuttin but video ts an all tht stuff i dont kno about

14. VASQUEZG

VASQUEZG Member

Hello im new to this to and i need someones help. I use to bavk up my movies using dvd decrypter but my computers hard drive went out and i lost everything. I see i cant download it anymore. so i downloaded the free trial of dvd fab and it wont read any movie and it will give me an error message. What program can i use to copy and burn movies? please help fellow members thanks

15. VASQUEZG

VASQUEZG Member

Hello im new to this to and i need someones help. I use to bavk up my movies using dvd decrypter but my computers hard drive went out and i lost everything. I see i cant download it anymore. so i downloaded the free trial of dvd fab and it wont read any movie and it will give me an error message. What program can i use to copy and burn movies? please help fellow members thanks

16. LOCOENG

17. eugeardee

eugeardee Member

I will be visiting USA soon. I hope to buy some DVDs. I presume they will all be NTSC. Does anyone know of a free downloadable program which will enable me to play them on a region 2 player (Nec DVD+RW ND-1100A) without changing my Windows XP region code? My normal format here is PAL.

Many thanks in anticipation for any help.

eugeardee

18. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

@eugeardee

Please understand that region code has nothing to do with NTSC.

NTSC,PAL and SECAM are different video standards used in different parts of the world. It has to do with the size of the picture on the TV as well as the frame rate.

More info:

http://hometheater.about.com/cs/consumerresources/a/aawhosyourpala_2.htm

Region codes are in place specifically for DVDs and DVD playback equipment. They prevent for example, a DVD purchased in Great Britain from being played in a player sold in Australia.

REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
    REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
    REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
    REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
    REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
    REGION 6 -- China
    REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use
    REGION 8 -- Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc...
    REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.

The best way to watch NTSC movies is to get a player that has a built in converter and can play both. There is software that will let you change the video format. It is a lengthy process and the results are not always what you expect. You basically have to "rebuild" the DVD from scratch. Nerovision Express is an example of a program that can convert PAL/NTSC.

Most ripping programs can make a DVD region-free. Shrink does and it's free.
    I like this one but it's not free:
    http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

And like I mentioned before, you will still have to deal with the NTSC/PAL issue.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  19. george22

george22 Guest

Google something like, 'DVD Region codes' and you'll get no end of procedures for de-reginising your DVD player.The one I used worked perfectly well.
    As for the NTS... whatever to PAL. It is not even worth thinking about-too lengthy and not more than 20% successful

20. eugeardee

eugeardee Member

Many thanks Fastfrank and George -- Frank, you really are fast!

I'll hope for the best with my proposed NTSC discs.

Thanks again.