1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. scuubie

scuubie Member

Here is the email i received with the video clip.

After a thorough investigation into the internet company known as Model-Gadget, i can confirm that they are indeed based at 2a river way Epsom/Ewell, surrey KT19 0HH.
    In my opinion Mike is the runner / translator of the business, who does all of the postage runs in a light Blue people carrier.
    Any legal documents are related to a Mr CHAIRUDDIN CHAN and wife NGUYEN T CHAN.
    I have numerous videos of the comings and goings from this company either at the house or from their local post office which will be passed on to the authorities involved.
    I am in the process of loading the video clip on to the internet for the general public, and will inform you of the associated site within a few days.

2. MrWitness

MrWitness Member

Tried searching for the clip on YouTube, and lo and behold, up pops modelgadget himself, with his own videos on there !

3. sheppio

sheppio Member

I'm going to cancel my order with Model Gadget and start the process of getting my money back from my credit card company (also informing WorldPay).

Could someone recommend an alternate supplier? So far I've found Aria and ConsoleUp. Aria seem quite pricey, but I've used them before, and ConsoleUp only seem to have the M3DS Real in stock (is there much difference from the M3DS Simply?).

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

4. abeez

abeez Member

Have you the link?
    Or pm it to me, would like to see it, couldn't find anything my self.

To the other person md3 does exactly same thing, I was one of lucky ones who for some reason got a refund and went elsewhere and bought one.

5. woof811

woof811 Regular member

@sheppio
    i can recommend addictsupplies.com ( uk website ), but at the moment they dont have the r4ds or m3ds real in stock though ( will do soon hopefully )

they have a stock counter for each product they sell , so you know they are in stock before you buy !

i have bought from them about 5 time now and have been impressed with the quick delivery ( royal mail first class 2 - 3 days ).

i can well recommend them once they get some r4ds and m3ds real back in stock .

woof811.

6. roeder

roeder Member

Transaction for the value of: *removed*
    Description: Purchase from www.model-gadget.com
    Merchant's cart ID: *removed*
    Authorisation Date/Time: 14Dec*removed*
    Transaction ID: *removed*
    This is not a tax receipt.

i havnt even had a confirmation to this order ?????

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Common Sense obviously isn't the order of the day; Let's have no more personal/financial information posted in here. Some of you fail to realise just how public this site is/in fact how public this very thread is.. If the company you're all complaining about is indeed a scam outfit, imagine how many other work-shy fraudsters there are out there who'd love some personal info for free.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  8. Flippy71

Flippy71 Member

Same boat as most of us then..
    I'd suggest waiting till 30 days after the order was placed, then ask your card issuer to claim the money back, contact WorldPay to advise them you are doing this, and go elsewhere.

After a month of chasing the order and getting no reply from Mike at Model Gadget, all the goodwill that was built up in the last year I've had trading with him is now exhusted.

Such a shame, as a little communication would have gone a long long way....

9. Eptonio

Eptonio Member

I have not yet received my order for 3 r4ds's, and 3 2GB cards. People who ordered after me, have received their orders, which i cant get my head round. But anyhow... my order number is: 24344

I placed the order on 8th december, and the status went to "despatched" on 18th. Yet i have still received nothing.

If you come back to this thread mick, sorting me out would be appreciated thanks!... My mum and 2 sisters are gettin restless.. and its annoying.

Cheers!

10. card1435

card1435 Member

11. hairzo

hairzo Guest

Mike if you are still reading this forum could you check my order please.

Order Number: 27212

Date Ordered: Saturday 29 December, 2007

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  12. biker1970

biker1970 Member

Placed my orer 18th December 07. Order reportedly dispatced 28th December. Here I am 10 days later - still waiting. Think I give it 48 hours before requesting a refund from my credit card company.

Will update if received.

13. Eptonio

Eptonio Member

It is definitely the case that he has prioritised the people who have requested their orders to be sorted out via this forum. A lot of people ordered after me, but received ages ago because they found this thread before me! Wheres the fairness in that!?

Mine has been 30 days today, i dont really want to get my money back through my bank etc... and have to start the waiting process again, i just want what i have paid for!

Frustrating.........

14. Centy84

Centy84 Member

I found this forum while searching google for more info about this and wish I could come in with good news but sadly it's another tale of woe about this damn site.

I ordered a single CycloDS with no memory card on the 21st and was told it was dispatched on the 28th and I still haven't got mine. I have sent several emails to all of the email adresses on the site with no reply.

In the last email I gave him till end of business on tuesday before I would, on wednesday morning, report him to trading standards and the police.

I feel like many of you guys here I have been ripped off and will also be warning people on every forum I am registered on that this site is a rip off and also be mentioning it on my weekly podcast Radio-Ninty.

I don't even know if it's worth it but my order number is #26851 not that it really matters now my sisters birthday is today and I have nothing for her except a hug so thank you very much to the liars at model-gadget for ripping me off big time.

15. alfie786

alfie786 Member

Hi

I had ordered before xmas and recieved just before by keeping on emailing the guys.

I ordered anotehr 2 ITEMS and went through WORLD PAY paid as i recieved an email from worldpay and the guys at model-gadget have not confirmed on my account and have not recieved goods of
    £60 yet and why? why do u not answer these EMAILS!!

16. wipac

wipac Member

hi

that's my third message for this
    I have ordered a cyclo ds before xmas the monday 17 december and since I have seen "despached" on the information of my order on the internet site model-gadget.com. but that was 2 week ago.
    now I want to know what is the problem.
    if there is a problem you must inform your customers, we have paid for buy things and we want just the true.

my Order Number: 26504

but I can understand that you can have big problems but just inform us

thanks for your future answer

17. MrWitness

MrWitness Member

Might be worth us all, and even those who have had orders delivered, but maybe paid for next day and ended up with next month -

The new series of BBC Watchdog starts this week -

Wednesday 9th January

I know a few of us have already filled in the online form, hopefully we can get model-gadget on this week or next weeks show and prevent him ripping off anyone else.

Link is here...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_index.shtml

18. NTGworld

NTGworld Guest

I agree that we should contact watchdog, I have two times but like model gadget had no reply. I assume this is because Im not one of many? If we all do we cant be ignored. I have also contacted consumer watch and was thinking of contacting surrey police?

19. NTGworld

NTGworld Guest

That is pure class! Loving alll the time you have put into that mate. It seems I was right with there address then :) If only you could come and pick me up from Liverpool and I will happily come down there and face him aswell....no cameras though Im afraid ;-) Good work all the same mate! Hope we see a result from it all the the little F****R gets deported back to china!

20. TAFF66

TAFF66 Member

hi guys still waiting for my order from the 9th Dec ! supossed to be dispatched on the 18th Dec ........ guess what still nothing have e-mailed , rang started a dispute with my card company asked on this forum for my order to be checked by "mike" just going on watchdog to join in the complaints . if your waiting for orders dont hold your breath, mine was xmas presents for my children i am now well over £100.00 out of pocket taff