1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. blueland

blueland Member

they actualy send out the dstt which is slightly different but do the same job but i had no problems when i ordered from them

2. dawn44

dawn44 Member

we have contacted world pay to see if they can trace my order id mr paul ibbs

3. fatboy3

fatboy3 Member

just contact moon on that trader e-mail address, and i am sure you will get it sorted.
    i did, my missing micro cards turned up this morning
    Thanks moon !

4. corgar

corgar Member

wether any of you guys are still hanging around this forum even though youve received yr goods like me, i want to ask if any of you have used the co ds-memory.net? i had a link sent to me from this thread to them. i ordered dstt monday using paypal, and then had to send them paypal payment seperatley which is wierd to me.havent had email saying goods were dispatched or anything yet. 5 days later. i really hope i wont have the same bad luck as we all did with model gadget! FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME!

5. Hephasto

Hephasto Member

Hello

I have a problem with an order that I spent on March 15, 2008, which I still have not received a date.

What can I do?

Here are the details of my order if someone little help?

www.model-gadget.com
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Order Number: *removed*
    Detailed Invoice:
    *removed*
    Date Ordered: Saturday 15 March, 2008

Products
    2 x Acekard RPG () = £95.00
    Add microSD Card or USB Cable in No, Thanks !.
    Sub-Total: £95.00
    Total: £102.96

Payment Method
    Secure Credit Card Payment

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  6. portion

portion Member

Hi all !

i just saw this on a closed thread :

Posted Message
    tam_syah
    7. July 2008 @ 09:35
    I think we should leave the problems at last christmas behind, in my experience model-gadget.com now has improved in its service in taking orders and delivering the goods

I placed an order with them on 07/07/08. The money was taken within 12 hours, but now the website is down, and i am getting no reply from their email address, including moon's ( which was posted on the origional thread about MG )
    I did place orders with them last year, and recieved the items both times, but i would have hoped that as it is not xmas time, they would have sorted out the problems they had last year, but it does not appear to be so, , , , ,
    If you (tam_syah) work for or know model-gadget, please ask them to contact me, either on this board or reply to the emails i have sent.

7. joelralph

joelralph Member

I placed an order last wednesday, and just like everyone else no order confirmation, or replies to helpdesk queries.

Money was taken within seconds of my order.

Just sent an email to the 2 addresses given here (calmly and the trade one) and also the one that was in my worldpay email.

I am starting to wish I had just checked this thread before ordering, but I just hope that they reply to the email I sent to the 3 email addresses.

Will let you know how it goes (fingers crossed)

8. portion

portion Member

Just to remind anyone of some details posted in the thread earlier :

trading address :
    Console PC com Ltd ( trading as model gadget )
    2A river Way
    Epsom
    Surrey
    KT19 0HH

tel : 0203 0393 537 ( going straight to answer phone )
    tel : 07979 648 571 ( going straignt to answer phone )

will update if i hear anything.

9. Dabbarz

Dabbarz Guest

hi i also have problem with so called modelgadget no reply no contact no order wekk later i am thinking after i saw various trheads iwas about to be ripped off. money took in seconds checked it. no emails. iif anyone nos how to follow this trader up please let me no i tried putting ticket on his site emailed trader. nothing no phone switched on how can we let this get! get away with this . he is as bad as a nonce hurting kids that was for my sons b day party.

10. MaryD7

MaryD7 Regular member

I like to recommend www.ds-one.co.uk (uk only) for Acekard2 and Supercard DsOne, fast and reliable, good price too. If you want super cheap price, then i recommend www.dealextreme.com, base in Hong Kong, shipping takes 10+ days.

11. joelralph

joelralph Member

Well, still no reply unfortunately.

I just read through the terms and it says "delivery between 5-7 working days"

That means that according to the site, it will be here by friday.

12. joelralph

joelralph Member

Well, just received an error from googlemail about one of the emails I had. The worst part is, this is the one I received from world pay (the people who processed the payment)

Disgusting if you ask me... I have contacted my bank about a reversal, and hopefully this won't take months to sort out.

Anyway, the email I received is as follows

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

info@rcheli.co.uk

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    TEMP_FAILURE: The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
    [rcheli.co.uk (1): Connection timed out]

13. grihn

grihn Member

I'm a bit miffed with Model-Gadget too. I ordered on the 7th of this month and nothing has turned up. Not even a confirmation e-mail. Despite using some of the contact details kindly provided on this thread and using the "ticket" system on Model-Gadget's website, I still have had no joy.

I complained to Worldpay who basically just shrugged their shoulders and said it wasn't their problem. It looks as if I'll have to try and get the money back somehow but I'm not hopeful as I used a debit card. It makes my blood boil to think that the company can just sit there raking people's money in and not sending out the goods and Worldpay do nothing about it!

14. joelralph

joelralph Member

I sent an email and a message to their helpdesk basically saying that if I don't at least receive a reply by Tuesday that I would be contacting the relevant authorities.

I already contacted my bank about raising a dispute, but like you, I am not so hopeful.

All I am going to do is contact trading standards, although the actual product I was buying may be considered a little dodgy, the fact is, it allows mp3s and videos to be played (to my knowledge) so I will just describe it as a video player like the one they sell in argos.

If anyone wants to join me in contacting the Trading Standards, then send me a private message and we will do it together in a week or so.

I have actually decided to give them until next Friday before I start anything like that, but anyone else who isn't receiving the 5-7 day delivery they promise, or not receiving emails, or like in my case, receiving failed delivery notifications, I feel that if we make a joint complaint, it may stand more of a chance of being recognised.

15. samitpat

samitpat Guest

i still have not recieved a confirmation the my R4DS has been sent out even though the money has been taken and i have ordered it over two weeks ago

16. gash1

gash1 Member

Hello

I was unfortunate enough to order a R4 plus 1gb card last Monday. I got an email saying they had taken my cash, but no order confirmation email followed. I raised a ticket, and tried to email them but got no reply. I am keen to pursue trading standards as well although I suspect they have done a bunk. I tried calling the registered office which is at an accountants Doshi and Co. They denied that Console PC Com Ltd is still a client of theirs. Since my order was for less than £100 I dont think I will be able to get the moneyback from mastercard, but I'll try anyway. I bought from model gadget last year and they were great.

17. joelralph

joelralph Member

Another update.

I went to the trading standards website, basically to see what the process was for making a "bogus trader" allegation, and it linked off to a site called consumer direct.

I sent them an email and within an hour, I received this reply

Dear Mr Joel Ralph

Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct. Your reference number for this case is SW 465680 and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

Based on the information you have provided the key legal points in response to your enquiry are as follows: You have rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which says; the regulations generally give you the right to change your mind and claim a full refund (including postage) up to the point where you receive the goods. After you receive the goods you have 7 working days (beginning the day after you receive the goods) to inspect the goods and, if they are not suitable, return the goods for a full refund.

So if you decide you would like to just cancel you do have the right to do this .I would suggest sending a recorded delivery letter to the company to highlight your claim, the reason we ask consumers to send recorded delivery letters to the trader is because it provides evidence of when you sent letters and how many times you have done so, it also appears to be more formal and official than a phone call or email and as the trader must sign to receive the letters it projects a sense of personal responsibility upon the member of staff who signs for the letter.

As the trader is a Ltd company you might want to speak to Companies House 0870 3333 636 who list all UK Ltd companies who may have information on the state of the trader.

If you require further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact Consumer Direct On 08454 04 05 06 quoting the case reference number.

We are open: 8:00am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 1:00pm Saturday.

Unfortunately the problem I have is that I lost my job a couple of weeks ago (hence the reason I bought the DS and R4 in the first place, to have one last splash out before I was broke again) and I am unable to contact the Companies House phone number as I don't actually have a phone.

So could someone else possibly contact Companies House on the number above (0870 3333 636) and try to get as much information for the rest of us as possible?

I am hesitant to send any letters to the address that was given here, as I haven't found any source at all for the address, so it would be of benefit to myself, and everyone else, if someone can actually confirm the address through the Companies House.

I know a lot of us have only been waiting 2 weeks, but the fact is, if we just sit back and wait, we might be waiting forever, it is better to do all we can as soon as we can to get hold of them and get our money back.

18. gash1

gash1 Member

No problem. My world pay payment email showed that the payment was made to model gadget, but the limited company is Console PC Com Limited.

There is a lot of free companies house info available on the web and I have pasted this below.

Basically from a companies act perspective the company seems to have filed accounts and is up to date. It is the registered office that we should send correspondence to. However I got the number for Doshi and Co who are accountants ( Doshi & Co Accountants
    Tel: (020) 8239 4999) I tried calling them but the lady that answered the phone was a bit clueless and seemed to say that this company was no longer a client of theirs. However if this is the registered office then we should use this address.

Name & Registered Office:
    CONSOLE P.C. COM LIMITED
    DOSHI & CO
    1ST FLOOR WINDSOR HOUSE
    1270 LONDON ROAD NORBURY
    LONDON
    SW16 4DH
    Company No. 05551580

Date of Incorporation: 01/09/2005

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
    Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
    7260 - Other computer related activities

Accounting Reference Date: 30/09
    Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/09/2006 (TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL)
    Next Accounts Due: 30/07/2008
    Last Return Made Up To: 01/09/2007
    Next Return Due: 29/09/2008

Last Members List: 01/09/2007

The company secretary changed as follows:
    03/04/2008 SECRETARY RESIGNED NGUYEN CHAN

288a 03/04/2008 SECRETARY APPOINTED GWEK TJOE OEN

One more thing. My world pay confirmation said the money had been taken by CONSOLE PC COM LIMITED t/as RC HELI. The t/as is Trading As. So I looked for a website called rc heli and found the following:
    http://www.rcheli.co.uk/shop/ This website has the same crappy feel as the model gadget site. If you go to "about us" on the bottom left then it quotes the same company registration number 5551580 as model gadget. This site has the decency to say "We are currently upgrading our website software due to some technical problem. This process will takes approximally 2 weeks time. If you have place an order with us and have not receive your order, we have cancelled your order and your payment has been refunded back to you card. However, if your order has not been cancelled or refunded, please write to us with your order number or worldpay transaction id to info@rcheli.co.uk. Please accept our apologize for this inconvinience. Thank you, RCHeli Admin"

I've called my card company and they said no refund has been made, but if I call them tomorrow before 6pm they have a team to help in these circumstances so I am going to try that. I'll keep you posted.

19. joelralph

joelralph Member

Yeah, the info@rcheli email is the one I received the failed delivery notice for.

I also went to the rcheli site and noticed that notice, but I forgot to mention it. However, I tried to go to the site again yesterday, and the site didn't load at all, which aroused even more suspicion.

I wasn't aware that info like that was available through the internet.

I contacted my bank via email, and they told me nothing can be done until the 8th August (30 days after order) and also the consumer direct site also mentioned that legally we must allow 30 days for delivery, but as the email I received described, we are also entitled to cancel our order at any point up to 7 days after receiving the goods.

Let me know how things go.

What annoys me the most about this, is that if we had checked the reviews before ordering, we wouldn't have made the orders.

Usually i check all sites before ordering, but for some reason this time I just didn't do it.

20. gash1

gash1 Member

I'm sending a letter to the registered office by recorded post tomorrow and if I hear nothing I will contact my bank just before the 30 days to see what can be done.

good luck.