1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. joelralph

joelralph Member

Well, according to him I will be receiving mine today (not arrived) so I can only assume it will be tomorrow.

But as I have said to him over and over, i don't want it any more, I want a refund.

An extra 2GB card is nice, but this is about principals for me, and besides, a 2GB card from amazon is £3.20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SANDISK-MIC...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1217419307&sr=8-1

For the same price I paid for the R4 and 1 2GB card (+ 1 free) I could have got the R4 + (believe it or not) around 10 2GB cards

http://www.amazon.co.uk/REVOLUTION-...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1217419406&sr=1-3

If model gadget wasn't so much more expensive than Amazon, I would have accepted their measly offer of a card I could get for £3, but as it stands, I am just not willing to do that.

2. proff999

proff999 Member

Be warned!

Reading the reviews on the Amazon site that seller only had one positive review and 5 negative ones. I believe the best rated seller at the moment is mobymemory.com. Highly rated on all sites and also stocks the iTouch. Also try disQworld for UK based sellers.

Before buying anything online please do your homework first, It pays in the end

3. portion

portion Member

hi all.
    I have received my R4 card today, along with the additional 2 gig micro card.( it is not a major hassle, as i can easily sell it to a mate or on ebay.) So it would seem that model-gadget are not con-men, but just really really bad business men , , , , i hope everyone else ges what they have paid for.

4. joelralph

joelralph Member

I received a very annoying email from them yesterday, it read the following.

"hi,
    your order should be delivered to you yesterday and i also included an additional free microsd card as a small compensation after the long delay of your order.
    if you insist to go ahead with your refund demand, could you please return the items back to us and i'll process a full refund plus the shipping cost for returning the items back to us.

return address is:

Console PC
    Return Department.
    2A iver Way, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 0HH.

thanks,
    mike.
    support"

To which I told them that isn't going to happen.

I asked for a refund on the 25th, they despatched on the 28th, yet they expect me to return the item they sent out after I asked for a refund before getting it.

These guys are con men, because they overcharge, and I feel that if we weren't on their case, that none of us would have received what we paid too much for in the first place.

Just because they eventually send the product out, doesn't take away from the fact that they are misleading customers when they say "5-7 working days" for delivery.

Just because you buy a picture of a phone on ebay, doesn't stop the fact that you were conned out of your money. Even though you bought what was described, you were misled to believe it was something it wasn't.

it is the same here if you ask me, they led me to believe I would receive good customer service by the fact you need to register with the site.

The fact they are giving us an extra £3 card, it not the point, I want my money back, because I am hoping it will show them that they can't tred on customers and expect them to take it.

If I let them have their way, then I would be disgracing myself, and I am not willing to compromise my own integrity for the sake of saving myself hassle.

They told me their returns department address, so if all else fails, I will just go round with a baseball bat lol

I shall receive my money back within the next few days, even if I have to collect it myself.

Probably cost me more than that to get from Plymouth to Surrey by train, but still, it would be worth it to get arrested for assault by bat(tery) (geddit)

Would that have been more funny if I left the bat at home, and just took loads of old D batteries?

It might even make the papers

*sigh* alas, I hope he refunds me by tomorrow so I can send it back, and forget about this whole horrible ordeal

These guys are con men, we can't let them get away with it, because sooner or later, they will be thieves as well.

5. grihn

grihn Member

I received my R4 today - finally. I guess I didn't raise enough of a ruckus to merit a gratis micro SD card but I'm relieved that I can now draw a line under the whole sorry episode. I did ask for a refund but I'm not going to quibble about things now as life is too short, at least I got what I paid for. I'll just steer clear of them in future and advise anyone else thinking of buying a card to do likewise. I hope everyone else has a happy resolution to their problems with Model-Gadget.

6. joelralph

joelralph Member

They still seem to be insisting that they aren't able to give a refund until they receive the order back.

What I have tried to explain is that when I asked for a refund, they still had the order, and didn't send it out until 3 days later.

They just don't seem to understand that I am not willing to wait an extra week because they made an error of sending the product out instead of the refund.

These guys are getting on my last nerve. I have told them it needs to be refunded tomorrow (1st August) and I will just see what happens.

7. gash1

gash1 Member

I finally got my R4 last week but it doesnt work. I alreay have one and got this for a friend. The micro SD card slot on the R4 seems to be spring loaded and the SD card wont stay in. My existing card just slides in.
    How my heart sank. After waiting 2 weeks for this order I now need to send it back. Guess what - the model gadget website now doesnt seem to be available at all.
    What hope do I have of getting this fixed?
    Has anyone else had this problem with the SD card staying in the R4. I am being stupid?

8. joelralph

joelralph Member

I read somewhere that they had fixed the spring in it... so maybe you were sent the older version?

I am still having issues with these idiots.

As it stands, I cancelled my order on the 25th, they sent out the order on the 28th, I told them that I still expected my refund by the 1st, yet they kept insisting they couldn't refund until they received it back, so I said on Friday "ok, I will send it back, but the money needs to be in my bank account tomorrow" (being Saturday)

They received it back on Saturday, and despite me paying an extra £2 for Saturday Special delivery, they still haven't paid me back, or even replied to me.

They definitely received it too.

All I can say is don't expect them to be in any hurry to do the right thing, I just hope you sent special or at the very least recorded, so you can at least have some sort of evidence it was sent and received by them.

Just give them until Friday and then get on their case.

9. woof811

woof811 Regular member

judging by the huge size of this thread and the fact so many people have had problems buying with model gadget i cant recommend anyone buying from them .

if you are in the uk a very good uk website ive bought from many times is http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php very quick delivery royal mail first class 1 - 2 days . ( no stress , no grief and top class customer service )

if your willing to wait 2 weeks for international delivery ive also bought from these websites -

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604
    http://www.gameyeeeah.com/flash-card-c-70.html
    http://www.bamboogaming.cn/

all the websites ive bought from i can well recommend and have never let me down.

woof811.

10. stewy08

stewy08 Member

I was recommended to this site, so i purchased a m3 ds simply card for my new ds lite, £30 or so with overpriced p+p

got my m3ds today....opened the box,got the disc,got the wrist strap,got the flash drive got the cart case...BUT DIDN'T GET THE ACTUAL M3 DS SIMPLY CART! Tried to e-mail them ring them no answer no address, I am tight on money and feel let down and ripped off, I have a funny feeling I will never get my cart, why must there be people like this in the world

11. joelralph

joelralph Member

Does anyone here live near Surrey?

Someone needs to go round there and collect everyones orders/refunds.

I am in Plymouth, but I don't drive, and I am out of work so I can't afford to get on a train otherwise I would be on his doorstep with 2 fists full of over a month of being treated like a mug.

12. portion

portion Member

hi stewy,
    try this email address, ( he used it to contact me about my recent problems ):
    chairuddinchan@hotmail.com
    i think that Mike's eastern name is Chairuddin Chan.

13. stewy08

stewy08 Member

cheers...
    still not a word though, just checked online and apparently now all the m3ds simply cards are out of stock,joy, this means i have to pursue the idiot for a refund and from the sounds of it he doesn't like doing that. i am not sending the rest of the stuff they sent me to themwhat i paid for was never in the box so i am gunna demand an instant refund, already phoned the trading standards, they've given me advice on sending a letter, only thing is i have found 2 or 3 addresses for the company! I think the head office is in london any ideas?

14. joelralph

joelralph Member

2A River Way
    Epsom
    Surrey
    kt19 0hh

That is the address he gave me to return to, which sadly I did.

If you get a reply, please tell us.

I am going to report my case to the police tomorrow afternoon if he doesn't give me my money back by then.

It'll have been almost a week since the deadline I gave him, and alt6hough the police probably can't do anything, maybe they will at least have some advice, as mike hasn't replied to my emails, or stuck to any of my deadlines until I take drastic measures.

I told him of my plans yesterday via email, and I just hope he is smart enough to do what I tell him this time.

15. stewy08

stewy08 Member

how long do you think it will be before this guy either flees the country or kills himself? by the sounds of the xmas he just had and the customer service he is providing it wouldn't bother me either way.

I demand justice and if it takes a court summons to get this guy to realise what a complete waste of space he and his god awful website scam is then so be it, he will have to pay out double for his own mistake.

It's beyond a joke, I reckon we start a petition to get this guy shut down

16. card4couk

card4couk Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  17. Raco

Raco Member

Has anyone had problems ordering ps2 swap magics from here,I ordered 2 days ago and im wondering if i did the wrong thing.
    email says despatched so fingers crossed,I did have several r4ds off model-gadget at xmas and received my goods.
    Maybe everyone is going m3/R4 ds crazy and hes low on stocks.

18. joelralph

joelralph Member

so you ordered 2 days ago, if you get your item, please post because he has been ignoring me for a week now... ever since I returned the item he sent 3 weeks after I ordered it, and 3 days after I cancelled the order.

19. Raco

Raco Member

PS2 Swap Magic...

Order Date: Thursday 07 August, 2008.
    Received Date: Tuesday 12 August, 2008

20. Raco

Raco Member

I think that with the r4ds/m3ds hes taking orders in still while his stocks have ran out,then hes ordering a new stock and "delaying" people till they have come in.
    Shocking to think people on here have had to wait weeks/months to get a r4ds which is not acceptable.
    Personally ive had to wait the most of 5 days to get anything from model-gadget so i must be lucky.
    As my post before i ordered a ps2 swap magic on thursday and received it today.I sent a email saying thankyou etc and he replyed with "thankyou for your custom".
    So i would say hes ignoring the r4ds orders till he gets fresh stock in.