1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. joelralph

joelralph Member

umm, it says in stock.

And besides, that doesn't take away from the fact he still hasn't given me my refund I asked for on the 24th July.

They are thieves, and maybe they had an abundance of PS2 swap magics (I mean who uses those any more? they are rubbish compared to the standard of chips) but in the end, they have stolen my money from me.

Until they compensate me for over a month without my money, and give me my refund, they will be nothing but thieves.

2. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

hi, i have ordered a nintendo ds from model-gadget.com on 28/10/08 and paid for the special delivery. I had received an email the same day i paid for it saying it had been despatched. Im really unhappy that i havent received. Does anyone know any of the people that run model gadget as id really like to know whats goin on. I wish theyd at least reply to my emails and tell me whats happening, at least itd ease my mind. I spent alot of money to get a DS. All i want is what i paid for. Can anyone help?

3. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

hi, i have ordered a nintendo ds from model-gadget.com on 28/10/08 and paid for the special delivery. I had received an email the same day i paid for it saying it had been despatched. Im really unhappy that i havent received. Does anyone know any of the people that run model gadget as id really like to know whats goin on. I wish theyd at least reply to my emails and tell me whats happening, at least itd ease my mind. I spent alot of money to get a DS. All i want is what i paid for. Can anyone help?

4. markmau

markmau Member

Hi,

It really looks like model-gadget.com should not be doing business!I use Internet for ordering everything and buy forom sites all over the world since 15 years but this is the worst experience and response I have ever had!

If they charge the full amount for goods ordered and then do not ship for weeks, although they send email saying "despatched" and charge for special delivery I think this is fraud!

I have ordered and paid for a £189.95 Vacuum Cleaning Robot and they charge £ 20.45 for special delivery. It was allegedly despatched on the 30th October! Nothing received and no reply to any email or support ticket. I will investigate on Monday what legal action can be taken in this case.

Does anyone know who is behind this web-site? Company Name? Tel. Number? Address?

Thanks for any information..

5. MaryD7

MaryD7 Regular member

look back a few page, i think someone mentioned it.

6. LondonGam

LondonGam Member

I would recommend www.BritDS.com for U.K. customers, although they do ship worldwide. I had a few questions to ask them before buying, when I wanted to buy one for my son. They answered my e-mail in a few hours and then they sent it to me next day as well! Could hardly ask for more, especially since they gave me customer service before I even spent a penny.

According to their website, they:

- Test every card before sending it so nobody gets a faulty card
    - Give 24/7 customer service based in the U.K.
    - Dispatch everything the next day.

That's a pretty impressive list of claims considering I think nobody in the U.K. comes even close to doing this, and they say they do this even for international customers!

I'd check them out. I haven't seen what their international service is like yet but if it's anything like their U.K. service then I'm mightily impressed and would recommend them to everyone!

7. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

From what I've read in this thread, it seems model gadget have serious problems with delivery times, I could understand if they had to order their stock first from abroad before sending it out to their customer, but there was no mention on the website about this, as far as I was concerned I paid for Royal Mail special delivery and last time I checked it was a next day delivery service, also got no tracking code for this item, so it seems if they have sent it yet that they never used special delivery for the item, that or they haven't sent it at all yet as I would have had it by now, no delivery in the Uk should take more than 5 day.

I'm just gonna keep bugging them until I get my DS package, I don't want this to be a waste of 145 pounds, I wish I was made of money but i'm not, so they better just get it sorted out.

All companies should customer satisfaction first, I can imagine model gadget don't get alot of returning customers, I know from this experience once I get my item I won't be too positive about trying again.

8. proff999

proff999 Member

I just wish that anyone buying goods online did a little research prior to purchase. Their are hundreds of posts on here warning potential customers of the risk involved when dealing with this particular scumbag yet he's still in business.

I personally now use the forums at disqworld.com for all my purchases of goods and services and am yet to have a single issue. For example, I ordered 6 DSTT cards with 2gb cards at £15 each delivered on Friday night and they all arrived yesterday in perfect working order.

Do your homework and minmize the risk. If you make expensive purchases then do so with a credit card, That way your covered.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Just passing thru.
    I checked the first page of this thread and it's almost a year since so many people started posting of their problems with Model Gadget.
    What with Christmas looming again my spidey sense is tingling to suggest we'll be having floods of replies again. In the UK we have 'Trading Standards' that are supposed to crack down on companies such as this, it's obviously not been the case thus far..

'Buyer Beware'...

10. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

Grr, I've still not received my DS!!!

Its been 15 days now and I've sent them numerous emails trying to get this resolved. I have sent them a ticket through their helpdesk asking them to get in touch with royal mail if its with them and get this sorted out by the end of the month or I'll talk with my credit card company and get this payment reversed and get in touch with the right authorities to get this sorted out.

I've never had any trouble ordering from anywhere before, this is so annoying.

11. welshness

welshness Member

GRRR X 2

I have ordered a ds with these and still not had it - only ordered on the 12th but no delivery as yet - on a plus side my other item i ordered arrived. i paid over #95 for the ds and wanted it for the weekend hence the #5 next day delivery charge.

is there any clear advice we can use, also trawling these pages i come up with this number 07979 648571 as being a contact - i tried it - but it was switched off, is it best to see my bank?

please help!

12. proff999

proff999 Member

I would speak to your bank mate if I were you and see if you can get a refund that way. Then source one from elsewhere, I do. The seller I deal with always answers the phone, Always offers help and advice and also allows collection in person. Model gadget on the other hand are the total opposite.

For reliable supply try www.disqworld.com or ndxsystems.co.uk

13. markmau

markmau Member

I finally got my I-Robot Roomba 2 weeks late after sending emails to all adresses I found on the forum, see email below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: chairuddin chan [mailto:chairuddinchan@hotmail.com]
    Sent: 11 November 2008 04:34
    To: mark
    Subject: RE: Order Update > Order Number: 32165

Dear Sir,

My apologies for the late reply.
    we have received some "grey" product on the irobot roomba with foreign charger.
    I have update you with this information through our helpdesk, but unfortunately, i don't think the meail reach you.

We expecting a new delivery by next week monday, and as soona s the delivery arrive, i'll immediately ship out your order.
    However, if you would like us to cancell your order, please let me know.

thanks,
    Chairuddin

> From: mark
    > To: chairuddinchan@hotmail.com
    > Subject: FW: Order Update > Order Number: 32165
    > Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:28:28 +0000
    >
    > Mike,
    >
    > I have been reading the after-dawn forum about your "business" the posted
    > comments give a shocking image of your trading standards!
    >
    > I ask for immediate reply about our order or I will get my lawyer on this
    > case!
    >

14. trb75

trb75 Member

It would appear (probably no surprise) that this company is shocking. I ordered an R4DS and a DS Lite from them last Wednesday and received and order confirmation email and then another mail saying my order had been despatched by Special Delivery, so should have received it Thursday or Friday latest. I then came across this thread and having been trying to contact them via email to see what is going on. I am guessing I am going to have the same issues as many have had on here with this so called company. I have lost confidence that they will fulfill my order in a timely manner and feel like just asking them for a full refund and to cancel my order.....but I doubt that will be handled in a timely manner either...

15. proff999

proff999 Member

If he informed you of dispatch then you should have a Royal Mail tracking number mate. If not then I doubt he's posted it out. If you have paid via credit card try them for a refund or you can try your bank and see if they will help. I had issues with this con merchant last year and finally my bank refunded me.

It would appear to me that he takes orders, Banks your money and only then does he order the stock to cover the orders. One thing they are exceptional at is making excuses for non delivery. I had " Server crashed" , "Chinese new year" ( Even though my wife is chinese herself and I knew he was 2 months early ) " Lost in post " (Special delivery paid for but strangely no tracking number),
    Etc, etc,etc.

16. trb75

trb75 Member

I have just sent an email to 3 of model gadgets email addresses requesting immediate cancellation of my order and a full refund otherwise I intend to go to my bank and trading standards if need be. The fact that it seems to keep getting away with such poor service is amazing. Just wish I had noticed this thread before buying from them!!

17. welshness

welshness Member

I have now sent an email and will not accept any lengthy delays. I have a good friend who is a lawyer - I have sent him a copy of the email as well.

This service is simply not acceptable!

18. trb75

trb75 Member

welshness, please let me know if you hear anything back and I will do the same....these clowns should not be in business!!

19. welshness

welshness Member

I will do.

I will also put you in contact with my lawyer friend, should he need to be used.
    Shaun

20. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

im gonna try emailing this Mike guy and see if i can get any sense of this situation. Id understand the delay if he was ordering his stock from abroad and then shipping his orders out which doesnt sound sensible to me, if they had at least said it will take a few weeks to receive then thatd be fine, but saying its despatched and paying royal mail special delivery is so misleading. If i had known this in the first place i woulda just bought the DS from the local game store than waiting over two weeks, its just ridiculous. Ill let you guys know if i hear anythin.