DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

Hi All
    I too appear to have fallen foul of this trader, despite my years of experience in buying things over the internet. I carefully (so I thought) checked everything out before buying. Googling 'Model-Gadget'. Heaven knows how I missed the several threads in discussion groups that I now find.

I have experienced a mixture of the things mentioned earlier in this thread.

This is my story so far.

I ordered a DS lite and card from the seller on 12th November. Thought it was coming Special Delivery. Paid by debit card, I don't have a credit card. Therefore on dodgy ground for a refund from anywhere.

I noticed the page on the website confirming my purchase said the order had been dispatched that day. Two days later when the order had not arrived, I did a bit of Googling again and found this thread. Tried the phone numbers mentioned. Same result, either switched off or answer machine. Tried all of the email addresses mentioned here, no replies. Opened up a 'Ticket' on the website enquiring after the order.

I kept checking back to see if there had been a response to my 'Ticket'. But nothing. Earlier this evening I received an email saying my ticket had been closed as there had been no response from me! I emailed back saying that they had sent me nothing to respond to, I expect there will be no response to that :-(

One other thing I did try though.

I noticed on the Model-Gadget website that they have eBay auctions so I found an auction and asked a question about one of their robots. I asked it at about 0630 this morning. An hour and a half later, at 0800 I received a response! I at least proved to myself that someone is there and is responding to emails. Albeit a potential customer at the time rather than a 'paid up' customer 'sigh'. I took the opportunity to use their eBay email address to then ask about my existing order. Guess what? Surprise surprise, no response so far.

Always hopeful

I will keep you updated

2. MPatto

MPatto Member

You would think Model Gadget would have learnt by their mistakes last Christmas but it doesnt look like it, if you are looking for a DS card try dealextreme i have ordered well over 50 this past year and never had a single problem, my last batch which arrived on Sat 15th Nov took less than a week to come from Hong Kong, DSTT card 2GB Sandisk Microsd £10.50 delivered (price depends on exchange rate and Paypal if you pay with them).

3. trb75

trb75 Member

I do not feel it is case of them learning from their mistakes but rather them knowing exactly what they are doing...the fact they do not have the common decency to reply to their customer's emails or answer their calls to inform them of what is happening and the fact they purposly mislead them by saying their order is despatched tells me this is not a company to do business with!!

4. trb75

trb75 Member

Have just sent another email to yet another of his email addresses as follows

=================================================================
    In the hope that you actually have the decency to reply to me I am trying yet another of your email addresses....

I placed the above order on your site (mode-gadget.com) last Wednesday and received an email later the same day saying it had been despatched Special Delivery. As I have not received my order, along with lots of others going by afterdawn.com, I have lost total confidence in yourself and your so called company. I therefore wish to cancel my order and expect a full refund by the end of today. Otherwise I will be taking my case and around a dozen or more others to Trading Standards and the Police.

Please let me just reiterate - I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER - if you send it now I shall refuse delivery. Just refund me my money by the end of today and I will take my business elsewhere. And for all your other customers that find themselves in the same boat, perhaps you could show a little customer care and reply to their mails as well.
    ================================================================

Perhaps if those of us that still have outstanding problems with this company could get together and go to trading standards if we do not hear back from him by the end of today?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  5. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

Sounds like a good plan to me mate.

Id just be happy to know when Id receive the item, when they are getting there stock in from their suppliers and when it will be sent out. I'm just pissed off that they have mislead me after I paid special delivery and I expected to have it by the end of the week and I paid for the DS Bundle on the 28/10/08.

well, heres a copy of the mail I sent to Mike:-

Sent: 18 November 2008 08:43:13
    To: chairuddinchan@hotmail.com

Hi Mike,

I have been reading on the forums on afterdawn.com and there are alot of concerns regarding delivery times.

In had placed an order on your website for a Nintendo DS 150 games bundle on the 28/10/08, Order #32136. I have still not received this and I would like to know how we are coming along with this, I understand you have to order stock from your suppliers before shipping it out to your customers.

Can you give me some idea how long this will take and when I'm likely to receive this. Please get back to me as soon as you can with this information.

I would like to get this resolved without having to cancel my order and taking any further action.

Thanks and Regards
    John JorgenseN

:- I'll let you guys know what he says if he replies.

Whether I decide to cancel my order or wait, I still think that reporting them to trading standards is a good idea, Model-gadget.com's customer service is a joke!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  6. proff999

proff999 Member

I would be careful with regards taking these complaints up with trading standards if you've ordered any kind of games bundle. I take it the games are rips of copyrighted material and therefore unlawful if you don't own the originals.

7. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

Well the bundle comes with an 8gb sandisk card so I got a feeling the games would be downloads onto the card, I can't be sure though, I'm no expert on Nintendo DS's.

8. MPatto

MPatto Member

proff999 why should we be careful about going to Tranding Standards, Model Gadget are selling Pirated games not us.

OmegaRN YES there are a number of websites were you can download the game files for free aswell as bundle packages on the torrents and newsgroups.

9. trb75

trb75 Member

My order was for a Nintendo DS (no games) and a R4DS Card, but not for any illegal/pirated goods. In any case if they are offering pirated goods on their website, surely that makes the company even worse than the fact they have poor customer service and would make Trading Standards even more likely to take action against them.

10. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

I think if they were selling pirated goods this company would have long been gone. I think this company has been in place for a few years now so I feel its unlikely the goods will be pirated.

11. trb75

trb75 Member

So the 150 Games Bundle you have ordered - you are expecting those 150 games to come as original Nintendo Cartridges / Boxes / Instructions?? I think they will be coming on a memory card which in my mind make them pirated! It is also a little funny that they no longer seem to have those advertised for sale any more on their site as they did last week.

But regardless it is them that are breaking the law and try to side step it in their conditions saying that in some countries these are legal and that you have to take responsibilty for ensuring they are legal in your country and/or ensure you own the originals....I don't think this would wash with Trading Standards!!

12. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

Well as I said before I have no idea what to expect, I know they are not gonna be boxed and original with instructions and shit, the weight of the package pretty much said that and the fact the price was 140 pounds, I'd be stupid if I thought I was getting the original games boxed. They'll defiently be on a memory card and if that is the case how would I know if they were legit or not, I just want the console, I'm not really bothered about the games to be honest.

But I'll have to receive the stuff first lol.

13. trb75

trb75 Member

OmegaRN - I was not having a pop at you but just trying to point out that they are breaking the law by offering these for sale in this country regardless of what their conditions say. If they had put a big notice saying that these games were copies then fair enough you would have to take some blame by knowingly buying them. But as you stated the fact they do not say anything then as far as you are concerned they are legit games...but I am sure Trading Standards would be interested that they are offering these for sale - no different to someone selling dodgy DVDs from a market stall...

14. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

Its cool man, I knew you weren't having a go, and I wasn't trying to be rude either. I've been wound up for a couple of weeks cause of these guys at model-gadget.com, and having to work through this wondering if you're gonna get home and see if a package has arrived is very frustating when nothing has arrived for over two weeks.

I'm with you all the way, if they are breaking the law and failing customers expectations then trading standards should know what model-gadget.com are doing.

15. proff999

proff999 Member

I can't see that he has any packages for sale anyway, Furthermore it's interesting to note that according to their ebay shop and subsequent feedback that they are still posting items out on time for ebayers but ignoring anyone buying direct from their site.

16. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

proff999 - Well the DS should be coming in a box of some sort if it is brand new from this guys suppliers. *wonders* it better be brand new!!

As for what you said about the ebay shop I noticed that too, that ebayers seem to get their items no problem but when it comes to his own site it just sucks, I noticed everytime I asked for the royal mail tracking code they never got back to me, but when I had asked about their products before buying it never took them long to reply...

17. trb75

trb75 Member

Proff999 - I also noticed that they have removed the game bundles from their site - I wonder why??

18. trb75

trb75 Member

Why does it say OmegaRN has been suspended til 20/11??

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Normally it's a permanent ban as there's no excuse for ignoring the Rules but i've been unusually lenient.

20. trb75

trb75 Member

Think that was an honest mistake as it appears he just copied and pasted his email and probably did not realise what he had done in terms of breaking the rules...