1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..either way i was lenient this time. There's no excuse for people not reading the obvious.

2. trb75

trb75 Member

Please could I ask anyone who has outstanding issues with this company to go to the Consumer Direct website and fill in their complaint form in regards to this.

Consumer Direct

Hopefully if enough do it they will pass on the cases to Trading Standards.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  3. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

I received my order today. Seven days after ordering it special delivery from items marked as in stock.

It was posted yesterday and was sent Special Delivery.

I have no complaint other than the fact I received no response to any of my emails or 'Tickets'. The goods were as described and packed well.

No emails apart from, that is, about half an hour after I received the item, I received an email from Model-Gadget (in response to the eBay question I asked, see my previous message). The email gave me the postage details and tracking number. Such a pity, it did not arrive before I had already received the item.

I replied, saying that their non-responses had caused me a lot of worry and I hope they bear this in mind for future customers.

If only they had taken a few seconds to respond, they would have kept my custom for a second setup I purchased from elsewhere in the intervening time.

Incidentally. I can very highly recommend http://www.addictsupplies.com/ who supplied me with a great item. I received that within 20 hours of paying for it (not even Special Delivery!). I was kept up to date with plenty of email confirmations etc.

4. MPatto

MPatto Member

cjr8bs glad to see your sorted, as you have said it costs nothing to be polite and an email costs nothing, I too gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered again after their enormous cockup last christmas, My account states Despatched on the 10th November but i have had nothing and no response to emails or Tickets my last ticket i gave them till the 20th to respond or i was instructing my credit card to recover the money, as i understand the vendor doesnt get the money for 30 days with a credit card payment.

5. welshness

welshness Member

UPDATE

After getting worried about my order, I called consumer Direct, they then told me of the correct law that covers me as a buyer and the address details and advised me to put it in writing to them advising them of the law and giving them a time frame / deadline to get the item shipped or get a full refund. After having sent it yesterday (recorded, as they advised) I had an email this morning from chan, who was more than helpful and even called me.

I would advise anyone with outstanding orders to get in contact with CD, and put in the letter that 'upon advice from...' this seemed to work for me, and my parcel should be here in the morning.

Just a shame it take this much work to save a tenner on a DS Lite.

Hope all you guys get things sorted, but if there is one way of getting in contact - its posting letters to them,

good luck
    shaun

6. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

hi guys, im back. Glad to see you got your ds lite cjr8bs. Me on the other hand has not got mine yet, but if youve got yours maybe mike got his stock in, so i can only hope. Incidently mike replied to my mail yesterday saying he despatched it two weeks ago and that he was goin to look into it and get the tracking number, what you guys think, truth or not. I got a feeling its not true but im gonna pop an email to him tomorrow and ask the progress of it. But if hes getting his stock i hope i get my ds lite soon. And creaky, sorry about the rule breaking, its not somethin i did on purpose. Anyway ill keep you guys updated, hope everyone gets there stuff soon

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Sure, and sorry about that, 'fraid as the thread title states to not post emails, if i didn't, the masses would bombard us with emails. Plus i'm afraid you caught me when i was trying to deal with load unruly xbox kiddies at the same time.
    Hopefully no hard feelings :)

8. trb75

trb75 Member

I too receieved a phone call from Chan yesterday morning saying that I should receive my order later that day, as he had posted them special delivery the day before (Tues). I asked why he had sent the items when I had sent him 3 emails on Monday saying to cancel the order and NOT send them. He started to go on about problems with his Outlook Express (Rubbish!!). I told him I would send the order straight back to him and wanted a refund inc the costs to return the item to which he has agreed.

Whilst I think this company is a Joke I do believe he is not out to swindle anyone but I think he just does not communicate the truth to people which then makes him look like a cowboy. If he was just upfront he would have much happier customers....if he had just told me that there would be a slight delay in despatching my order he would still have my business.

Lesson learnt though....will think twice before dealing with an a company I have no knowledge of and will ensure I check forums like these first....

P.S. Welcome back OmegaRN AKA Forum Law Breaker :) - I hope you get your order soon, don't give up and keep bugging him!!

Glad others are now sorted too

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  9. MPatto

MPatto Member

I got an email today from a company called Console PC Ltd which turns out to be Model Gadget, the email reads-

This message is regarding your Ticket ID #CKC-532778. We are changing the status of this ticket to 'Closed' as we have not received a response from you in 72 hours.

Subject: Nintendo DS LITE
    Department: Sales
    Priority: Critical

If you have any further questions then do let us know.

Console PC LTD

so i have replied asking how can i reply to emails i dont receive.

I have now sent an email back them and the email address in a previous post.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  10. MPatto

MPatto Member

Update guys, sent email to chairuddinchan@....... last night 20/11/08, received reply this morning 21/11/08 the email reads-

Hi,
    due to some short stock issue in certain colour for ds console, your order will be ship out for you on wednesday next week guaranteed.
    thanks

So why does it take so much hassle to get an answer.

We will see what happens on wednesday.

11. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

I sent Mike an email this morning asking for any updates since I last heard from him. He seems to be telling me he sent it out two weeks ago and that its lost in the post but I dunno if he's telling the truth. Wish the guy would just be straight with people.

P.S. Thanks for the nice welcome back trb75 :p.

I'll let you guys know what mike says when I get a reply.

12. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I can't believe people are still buying from this company a year of this thread was opened.
    So in a effort to maybe stop someone from buying from them and not have a repeat of last Christmas title changed bit.

13. keswez

keswez Member

I ordered a ds lite on the 11th November and received an email saying it had been despatched the next day, but still not received it and have no replys from numerous emails. On the website site it said three days delivery! Getting a bit worried now as it is a christmas present for my daughter and as they have already took the money I can't afford to buy again.

14. trb75

trb75 Member

To all of you that still have outstanding orders with this clown...as I said in my previous post I don't feel he is running off with your money with no intentions to send your items...that said he certainly does not communicate and when he does I would take what he says with a pinch of salt. I was lucky to receive my order...but had since ordered them somewhere else as I was not getting any response to my emails to him. I sent the items straight back and he has promised me a refund. One of the items was a red DS lite so he defo has one of those in stock now!! I think the reason most of us have had to wait and are still waiting is due to him having stock issues though why he does not communicate that is beyond me. Personally if I were all of you I would cancel my orders....just so he does not get the business and maybe he will learn to be more customer focus...if you decide to wait then I think you will get your orders but when is another question.

omegaRN - if he is saying he sent you your order 2 weeks ago as him for the Royal Mail tracking number - I would be surprised if he does as I doubt he has sent the order yet.

In the end I ordered my DS Lite from Play.com and received it within 3 days and my R4DS card I got from britDS.co.uk and received it within 2 days. I cannot rate britDS highly enough. My card did come without the setup CD so I mailed John who replied almost immediately saying I could download the necessary files from their website..when I looked they were not there for this card so mailed him back and within 5 minutes I got a mail saying to look again as he had just uploaded them for me - now that is quick service.

Once I have my refund from model-gadget I will happily put all of this behind me and would urge anyone who may be thinking of ordering anything from them, not to, unless you like to be ignored and lied to!

15. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

glad you got yourself all sorted out trb75. I have sent emails to Mike asking for the tracking code but hes never given it to me, obvious hes never sent it. Hes just blaming it on royal mail and saying they lost it, hes also said that hes goin to send out a replacement next tuesday, so we'll see how that goes. My advice would be is be careful when buying from model-gadget.com, delivery is slow, poor customer service and alot of heartache. As for people on here in the same boat as me i believe they are legit but poor, and youll all receive what you paid for, just a question of when.

16. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

Agreed. No customer care whatsoever but in my experience, I think he is not a thief and you will get what you ordered eventually.

I shudder to think what will happen if an order gets 'lost' in the post with the terrible communications this seller has. I have posted many thousands of items over the years. My experience is that Special Delivery always arrives, but other standard methods are patchy.

I have had a lot go missing in the post, both receiving and sending but Special Delivery has always arrived and on time (next day before 1300 currently). Claiming for a lost item (the person posting the item has responsibility for this) is a right pain and the Post Office don't always cough up either. Once I received compensation in the form of stamps, how they expected me to refund a buyer, I don't know *******! So the seller might be a while sorting a claim out before replacing the item. Again, here, my experience is that most sellers will replace an item that has not arrived within about 3 weeks (I am not talking about the law here, just my experiences).

It all comes back to this communication thing doesn't it. Now, if you knew what was going on, you might be prepared to put up with a bit of a wait, but when the seller steadfastly refuses to communicate it is very frustrating to say the least.

My own rules before buying over the internet are that I will generally not buy complicated electrical items that have to go through the postal system, but if I do, I will only use Special Delivery. One reason is that Postman Pat seems to jump up and down on most things. Another is that if the item goes (or arrives) faulty it is expensive and time consuming to return it for repair or exchange. I find it much better to pop to a local store and buy such items so exchange of faulty items is quick and easy with no grief involved. The NDS was considerably cheaper through this guy and so I risked it (how I did not find this thread before buying, I really don't know. I did search). The jury is still out on whether it was worth it to save a tenner though.

Of course, there are some things that you cannot buy in local shops which is where the internet becomes very handy if you can find a good seller.

What to do if the item arrives faulty from this guy? I would not like to think of the number of emails it would require to get it sorted out.

Again, I must recommend www.addictsupplies.com. This guy sent me an item that arrived within 20 hours of buying it. He has been very helpful and has offered me advice (that lost him a sale!). With very fast email responses. Thing is, because of his first class and friendly communications with me, he is going to be my first port of call in all future purchases I make.

Bottom line is. If you have not ordered anything from Model-Gadget yet... DON'T!!!!

I ended up very satisfied with what I got but the process between paying and receiving was not a happy one

17. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

Oh, yes OmegaRN. Thanks for the kind thoughts!

You would have thought that the seller would let you know the Royal Mail tracking number wouldn't you? Seems a bit odd that. He told me my tracking number (albeit after I received the item!).

Fingers crossed for you. Let us know how you do......

18. woodz77

woodz77 Member

ive bought from model gadget twice . first time was a a long delivery the second was quick but i bought 2 $rDS sdhc cards and he sent me the normal ones .the first order was so long i emailed him 3 times but it took him 3 days to email me back with the same msg . the second order , cos it was the normal cards , i emailed straight away stating this and again it took 3 days to get an answer and the answer was so rubbish about me not responding in 72hrs and he closed the topic ?

i will not be buying again from this place and would advise anyone else to be aware and shop elsewhere !

19. MPatto

MPatto Member

I agree with everything you say cjr8bs, the thing that annoy's me the most is i can order from Hong Kong and the item will be delivered around 7 days later and i receive emails apologising for any delay, but i still believe Model Gadget, RC Heli are back bedroom traders, they may have little stock but they rely on orders to go and buy what they offer, if that makes sense.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  20. woodz77

woodz77 Member

totally agree with the above . its as if they only buy your goods once you have payed for them , this is why it takes so long to receive , due to the items having to be posted twice