1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to not be harsh as the bulk of the comments in this thread are from last year and when the seller or someone on the seller's staff appeared to step up and start sorting people out. However, it's now 5 days short of a year since the floods of complaints starting rolling in, and there's communication and there's communication.
    The way i look at it is this, there's a lot on shady sellers on eBay, people can 'setup shop' on there and within a month they can have 100,000 feedback, mostly good. But people still buy from them and if you dig into the feedback that 97% of 100,100 translates into much pain by far too many people. Another point is that on a couple of occasions i've been stupid enough to look into their feedback first then still go ahead and take the risk, and have had to fight tooth and nail to get a refund. I even tried to have one seller removed, it was the proverbial outright scam of the seller allegedly being "based in UK/shipping from UK (honest)" and the goods taking weeks to arrive from Hong Kong, further reading into the feedback shows many many complaints of the same thing, yet eBay refund your money and ignore the many details you give them of the seller being a scammer.

Anyways, my point is that this is only one of a handful of companies complained about on Afterdawn, and this one is by far the one with the most complaints. If there were more dodgy sellers we'd probably be hearing of them here at Afterdawn, but we don't, and due to the nature of how popular Afterdawn is (we are very high profile on Google, for instance) i'd be tempted to say that Model-Gadget are crooked more than just un-communicative/very slow on deliveries, you'd have to be very stupid indeed to run a business as they (seem to) do.

I didn't like writing all that, as after the problems of last year, i even went as far as posting a comment that Model-Gadget seemed to have done good by a fair few customers, but virtually a year later it looks to have started again.

edit- as to the comments of the seller only physically ordering stock in when you buy from him, to me that's just financial suicide.
    If i recall correctly the seller is based in Essex, UK, or somewhere similarly (ridiculously) expensive, so the seller surely can't be strapped for cash so i still don't see an excuse for doing bad business...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  2. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

Don't get me going on that one! I have a number of nightmare stories from there. But that would be off topic I suppose
    I reckoned (before the recent feedback changes) that anything below 99% was dodgy. 98% a definite no-go

I hope that is not the case (but I get the feeling you may be right) for the sake of the others on here that have not yet resolved their problems. There are a lot of stupid people about I think!

By the way. I can confirm the address (mentioned previously on this thread) is correct (at least the return address on my package was):

Console PC com ltd
    2A River Way, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 0HH.

On Google Maps, it looks very much like a normal house to me. Therefore as previously mentioned, it looks like a back bedroom operation.

WELL WORTH AVOIDING!

3. MPatto

MPatto Member

2a sounds more like a flat or his garage.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I too used Google Maps and confirmed the same thing when i had trouble with one seller, he was making too much of a meal out of explaining that he had a team of people and it wasn't just him. I sussed him out quite early on, he "doth protesteth too much". Anyways, i'm amazed that Model Gadget is still going and still treating customers this way. So much for Trading Standards methinks..

5. MPatto

MPatto Member

creaky have you just landed from the Middle Ages.

"doth protesteth too much" "methinks" lol

6. scuubie

scuubie Member

it is a house. I went round there to get a refund. I wasnt going to let them rip my kids off for christmas.the house has a chinese family in it,kids aswell.lots of boxes in the living room. I even had someone film my doorstep challenge.they seem to be doig very well out of everyone with their flash cars in the drive.Hope everyone gets their items but dont count on it with these people.

7. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Have just spoken to Mike (Chan?!) about supplying me with R4DS cards that say that they are SDHC compatible and he says that they are not v2 cards but vIII cards and that he will send me a link to get the cards working. Hope I do cos I spent a whole lotta hours yesterday trying to find the right firmware and I could not get it anywhere?! Needless to say - I'm in the doghouse!!

Sure enough, within minutes I got an email from the guy with details to get the cards up and running. (I bought 5 through 'klickstore' and never thought to check Afterdawn first! A lesson for the future!!!)

Mike's email read:
    Have telephone and fax numbers to contact Mike if anyone is interested, PM me, and I'll give you his details.

Mike's reason for supplying vIII cards... "Apparently" the v2 cards will not play some of the newer games and he decided to "upgrade" my purchase to the newer cards. He says that if I cannot get the vIII cards going with the v1.24 Kernel firmware he mailed me, then he has some v2 cards still and will mail them to me in place of the vIII cards. I'm not parting with the vIII's until I get delivery of any replacement v2's!!!

BTW - scuubie is correct in his description of Mike, though I can't vouch for his home and family set-up.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  8. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Update:

The firmware that Mike mailed me works and finally I have been able to utilise one of the cards in the manner I want to. Yay! One presumes that if one card picked at randowm from five is working, then the others should do too?! Anyway, I have Mike's details if I run into any problems...

Only another 4 to do... Sigh!!!

9. keswez

keswez Member

Did it work? Did you get your refund?

10. scuubie

scuubie Member

I took the item's owed to me instead.

11. MPatto

MPatto Member

Guess what, to my suprise knock at the door 8.50am and it was Mr Postman with my DS from Model Gadget wa'ho, it looks like chairuddinchan (Mike or whoever) were true to their word and it arrived Wednesday.

I hope everybody else gets theirs soon.

12. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

well thats all good that you got yours. Mike had said to me he would ship mine out on tuesday, but nothin today, so hopefully tomorrow.

13. MPatto

MPatto Member

OmegaRN, I hope you do get yours tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

14. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

Likewise, sat on the edge of my seat here waiting for the news!

Scuubie, just as a matter of interest, seeing as you picked the goods up yourself, were you offered, or did you ask for a postage refund?

15. keswez

keswez Member

hiya everyone, while i was out yesterday I had a parcel delivered so fingers crossed its the ds. Will let you all know.

16. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

i still havent received my DS Lite Bundle yet. I sent Mike an email at 11am and he got back to me saying he was sending it today and i should receive it tomorrow. Its so hard to believe this guy. I been waiting a month to get this, its so frustrating.

17. keswez

keswez Member

well surprisingly it was the ds, everything is fine with it. I am sure you will all receive your goods in the end. I have learnt my lesson about purchasing off the internet though. Good luck everyone!

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@keswez
    Don't let one bad apple such as Model-gadget turn you off from buying off the internet - they are many reputable e-retailers out there.
    Most of my shopping is done online.
    Just do a google on the company first.

19. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Member

I ordered from Mike on the 22nd November 2008, on my account page says it was despatched same day, still no goods arrived.
    I never knew this thread existed until yesterday, i didn't relise Model Gadget had problems when it comes to delivering, until i googled it last night :( from what I read on the thread most people do get their goods just not on time. But anyway, atleast I know all about the guy and where he lives, so i can take action if needed.

20. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Member

I have also emailed the guy about my order numerous times. no replies. i wish i had googled it before placing the order :(

People who do receive their goods after filing for a refund. I don't understand why you would send it back for a refund once its been received? knowing how the guy operates. You are better off just putting it on ebay as a buy it now auction for the amount you paid for it? maybe even put it more ££ and make a small profit?

but hey im only making a suggestion, i was stupid enough to not google before buying. hopefull i will recieve my order soon.