1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 77matt

77matt Member

Phew...mine also received, and the colour I ordered. However I did express that I didn't want any other colour.

I think thats a lesson learned!!!

Good luck to the rest of you who have yet to receive theirs.

2. Kttori

Kttori Member

I brought a DS from model-gadget and have heard nothing from them no emails saying its been processed. I ordered alot of things from different places on the same day and got all them items a few days ago. I cant contact them and cant seem to find them on ebay. Can someone please help me? :)

3. warr10r

warr10r Member

Click on his ebay auctions link from his website then select an item that he is selling then select email the seller.
    That was the way that I got in contact with him.

4. Kttori

Kttori Member

Thanks i have emailed him. Hope its not too long before they get in contact with me. This was supposed to be a present for my son yestaday! Wish i'd read in here 1st :(

5. Bolarbag

Bolarbag Member

I've mailed him from the ebay account too, I cant see him getting back to me, I have a few friends tell me his house is nice and big, he had better install big gates!

6. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Member

I wouldnt worry, i had exact sane thoughts you did. but he did reply and he did send out the goods in full working order. so just hang in there, if he doesnt reply just keep sending emails to his ebay account eventually he will reply. good luck.

7. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

I agree. Communication is terrible but he did come up with the goods for me. I was happy with what I got but very unhappy with the lack of communication. The stuff arrived as ordered but it took a week longer than I expected. A week of worry, especially after reading this thread! My advice is still to AVOID MODEL-GADGET if you have not yet placed an order. If you have placed an order, be patient, with the occasional email to him. Much as I felt like doing it too, I don't think it's a good idea to bomb his email addresses (the eBay way of communication worked for me but a little belatedly, see my previous posts). I think bombing emails could only cause more problems for all concerned. He is bad enough at communication as it is. Going around for a visit seems like a good idea (to politely ask for your goods. Don't forget to ask for a postage refund too!). I would have done that if I had lived nearer to him. The idea of buying something off him to then leave negative feedback on eBay, although (of course) against eBay rules seems like a good idea. This guy needs to be made to buck his ideas up as he is giving a lot of people a lot of grief. Good luck to those of you still waiting

8. warr10r

warr10r Member

I have just seen on the news this morning about a lot of FAKE ds lites imported and they displayed the ones that he has in his shop.
    I was just wondering if anyone has bought one and could tell me if they are fake. I myself got a DSLite and looking at it the box looks to small for the power adapter wedged in the top. I do not know the size of the box of an original so have no way of comparing them.
    If you do have one and they do turn out to be fake, be aware that they are dangerous.

9. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

I have one I bought at Gamestation and one from Model-Gadget. They look pretty much the same to me (inside and out). I have had a quick Google to see how you can tell if an NDS is a fake but cannot make any sense from the results yet.

10. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

Right! I have discovered by carefully reading the box of my NDS the following:

'For sale rental and use only in the USA, Canada Mexico and Latin America.' As I am in the UK, and bought it new from a seller in the UK then it would seem there is something dodgy going on there then.

From other info I have gleaned it would seem that the NDS is not region locked so there is not too much of a problem there. However, I understand that the power supplies are a problem. As we have a higher voltage in the UK and the US power adaptors cannot cope with our 240v.

The power adaptor I received with my NDS from Model-Gadget has the correct power rating but, now I look carefully, it does seem to be a bit of a squash to get it in the box. It looks like this one advertised on eBay 250336146815. Very careful comparison of a couple of distinguishing points on the charger lead me to believe it is the same as this one. There are many other similar ones kicking about though. It certainly does not look like a genuine Nintendo part when compared with my definite genuine setup I bought from Gamestation.

It would seem then, that the original US type PSU that must have been in the package has been exchanged for a UK voltage rated one. The question then arises, is this PSU safe? Maybe it has not been tested to UK standards. Maybe it will burst into flames unexpectedly.

I am fairly sure that the NDS itself is genuine and have given it a thorough testing with no problems.

It would seem the only course of action is to try to contact Model-
    Gadget. Oh dear! Here I go again.....

11. warr10r

warr10r Member

Mine also says For sale,rental and use in the usa.
    From what was said on the news it is the power adapter that is dangerous. The cable melts. A 3 year old got an electric shock off one.

12. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

I have just emailed Model-Gadget through the known response-invoking address I used on eBay. Hopefully I will get a quick response as I mentioned I am contemplating contacting trading standards regarding the safety of what he is selling.

13. warr10r

warr10r Member

I have just tried to register the product with nintendo and the response I got was incorrect serial number on the uk site.
    Done a little hunting to enter serial number else where and it took me to the US site.
    I am begining to hate this bloke even more.

14. LondonGam

LondonGam Member

After reading some of the comments here, I decided to check BritDS.co.uk to see if they adhered to the standards people mentioned - quite frankly I never thought to ask whether they were registered or had any intention of providing warranty services!

To my surprise, I got an e-mail back in about half an hour saying that not only do they provide a warranty service, but that they're run by a registered company in the UK, VAT registered, and if I wanted to ask them anything else to leave a number where they could contact me!

The 'just in case' e-mail turned into something quite useful actually!

So, just to cement it in, having bought from both - BritDS all the way. :)

15. Archie96

Archie96 Member

Can you let me know how you tracked this guy down on e-bay, sorry I can't find him and need to get the R 4 ordered for my son's birthday later this month. Like everyone else learnt a leasson here and won't be using Model-gadget again. Thanks for sites like these will need to check these out again.

16. Archie96

Archie96 Member

Can ignor post just seen Warr10r instuctions so have done this and fingers crossed I have a happy 11 year old in a few day's time!!! Thanks

17. 77matt

77matt Member

This company has sold me a FAKE!!!! Cancel your orders if I were you

18. warr10r

warr10r Member

Is it a fake or just an American import with a changed power adapter?

19. 77matt

77matt Member

If I'm 100% honest, I'm not sure. However, I replaced a case on one a couple of months ago, and it was a copy case from hong kong and its identical. I also have an original NDSL and its quality is nowhere near the quality of that.
    I will post some pictures soon

20. Bolarbag

Bolarbag Member

OK still no reply, I'm based in Glasgow and I'm going to take the long 7hour drive down to Surrey

As you can imagine I'm going to be very peed off at the fact I have a combined drive of 14hours to reclaim my 360 quid back so I'm going to want compensation

Mr Chan is your reading this, you better hope my car breaks down on the way

I will be visiting the premises at Console PC just along the road while I'm there, I intend the make the trip more than worth me and my boys while!