1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Bolarbag

Bolarbag Member

OK still no reply, I'm based in Glasgow and I'm going to take the long 7hour drive down to Surrey

As you can imagine I'm going to be very peed off at the fact I have a combined drive of 14hours to reclaim my 360 quid back so I'm going to want compensation

Mr Chan if your reading this, you better hope my car breaks down on the way

I will be visiting the premises at Console PC just along the road while I'm there, I intend the make the trip more than worth me and my boys' while!

2. 77matt

77matt Member

As I said, I would add some pictures...well here it is, please note I'll provide a couple of links for you to have a read etc

Video on ds lite fakes

How to spot a fake

[​IMG]

3. warr10r

warr10r Member

Thank you for the info. After looking at video I also think that I have a fake. Looks Like I will be making a trip to visit Chan. As I dont think he is answering any email from ebay anymore.

4. nicksweet

nicksweet Member

I too have a fake and am not happy at all

5. nicksweet

nicksweet Member

Seen people are paying 40 quid But I paid 85 so thought it was the real deal

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

7. warr10r

warr10r Member

Returned my NDS personally and recieved a refund.
    And to my amazement he replied to my email I sent:-

hi,
    my apologies. I did not even realise myself that the ds we have from our supplier is fake. I've been told that the DS will be US imported. i'll forward the ds you returned to nintendo UK for investigate before making further claim toward my supplier.
    according one of my sources, the nds console itself is genuine, but it is just a foreign version which then supplied with thirdparty charger.
    thank you so much to bring this to me.
    regards

Lets hope that he will now come back on here and refund all the people still having problems.

If you are reading this Chan then I would like to say that as you already knew that the consoles were imported you should state that on your website.

8. 77matt

77matt Member

Did you get a cash refund, and where was he?

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like porkie pies to me, he's hardly going to report FAKE consoles to Nintendo, when he sells all those *cough* 'third-party' *cough* gadgets.

10. keswez

keswez Member

I'm sending my ds lite bought from him back to him for a refund, can anyone reccomend where to get another from?

11. warr10r

warr10r Member

All I can say is get it localy so you can see that it is not a fake before you take it home.
    Its nice to see that he has removed the consoles from his site lets just hope he has the decency to recall all the consoles he has sold.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  12. OmegaRN

OmegaRN Member

seems things just get worse and worse when it comes to this company. So what should people do that already have one of these consoles? Should we get a legit charger from the store, or is the whole ds lite a fake and should we return it. Personally ive been satisfied until i passed by and looked at this thread..

13. warr10r

warr10r Member

He has told me that the consoles are US imports and not fakes, but after searching the net, from what I have seen indicates that they are Fake. ie. boxes are too small, power adapter has not got Nintendo printed on it and there is a barcode above the serial number when there should not be one.
    Also when I tried to register the console with Nintendo's webite the serial number was not recognised.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  14. 77matt

77matt Member

I spoke to Mr Chan as he rang me after I threatened to pay a visit. He says he got this lot from another supplier to his usual and was told they were imports with a different charger. He told me that this supplier was in the UK too (so whoever you are, I hope you get caught too!!!). I have opened the battery compartment and thats not Nintendo either so at best these are refurbished, which is no good really, as there is still no warranty on them. He says that he has removed them from the site and is also recalling them. He says that he is going to make an appearance on here to announce what has happened and to recall all those that were sold in November. He says that he will refund as soon as he receives them back. He did sound sincere, but we'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, I would suggest that you all contact Consumer Direct and use this letter template sent via post NOT recorded delivery, but go to the post office and get proof of postage, as then the letter cannot be refused.
    I truly hope that he has told me the truth, because when Trading Standards/Customs & Excise investigate, the truth will be exposed. I really hope that all the scumbags involved get caught.
    Good luck to all of you, as it seems that replacing them with the real deal is going to be harder than getting the refund.

15. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

I have finally decided, after reading all of the above and despite my fears of something going awry in the process, to ask Model-Gadget for a refund as I bought my NDS from them in November. It meets all the requirements previously mentioned to qualify as a fake. I have emailed Model-Gadget through the eBay system as this is the only way I have received a response from them in the past.

Fortunately, I had bought a replacement before I even received the one from Model-Gadget (see my previous messages here) as I thought I might not even receive it.

More later no doubt...

16. MaryD7

MaryD7 Regular member

have Nintendo confirm if the barcode is the fake one?

reason i ask is, i've bought 4 DSL from USA 6 six months ago (i'am in UK) and all of them have the barcode. they were bought from wal-mart and circuit city. a USA power plug is included and warranty card and manuals are all inside the box.

can any USA user here have a look at their dsl to see if the barcode are there?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  17. ModGadget

ModGadget Regular member

Official announcement to withdraw all NDSL transaction from model-gadget.com
    To all consumers related to NDSL transaction from november 2008 to 1st december 2008. Please return the NDSL which you purchase from us within this period with order number starting with number 4 & 5 to this address below :

ModelGadget
    2A River Way, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 0HH.

There has been some situation with the stock which we are currently clarifying with our supplier.
    From some sources we have, the US version of NDSL does comes with barcode on top of the serial number. But due to safety interest, I sincerely request to withdraw all NDSL back from our valuable customers for a full refund.
    Please return your NDSL to this address above including your full details and order number and full refund will be process for you.
    If you have contacted us in our helpdesk, please allow up to 48hrs for a reply due to high volume of incoming emails within this xmas seasons.
    We are now trying to withdrawl all NDSL transaction with order number specified above and has removed NDSL product from our website.
    I can be contacted through our helpdesk or my personal email at chairuddinchan@hotmail.com.

I sincerely apologies for all the inconvinience occured.

Kind Regards,
    Chairuddin

18. proff999

proff999 Member

Chairuddin,

I wonder if I'm the only visitor to this forum to be amazed that you have actually shown your face on here? When there have been 100's of worried customers on here trying to get hold of you just waiting for a response in order to have their questions answered regarding your awful customer service you have ignored them and kept hold of their money.

Now it appears that your in the mire as you may responsible for selling faulty items likely to cause injury and would get prosecuted as a result you need their assistance. I would not trust you as far as I could throw you never mind sending back consoles people have waited up to a month for in the hope that you keep your word and issue refunds.

I suggest you refund your customers prior to them sending back the dangerous consoles and also post them all out pre paid envelopes in order for them to return your goods.

As you know full well the post office have more lost parcels at this time of year and whats to say you don't receive some back. Will you still offer the refund?

I believe that you should be reported to the relevant authorities and also Nintendo. Do you really believe that your customers will forgive you for this ripoff? You are an experienced seller of DS's and should therefore have a full and proper product knowledge and should have spotted these dangerous fakes before you began shipping them out.

You may have guessed by now that I was one of your customers (Victims) last year and was left at christmas with 3 unhappy kids thanks to your customer service levels. I simply cannot believe that you have made no effort whatsoever to address this.

And now it's you in the poop I hope you spend christmas in jail where you belong

19. ModGadget

ModGadget Regular member

proff999,
    The post I addressed above its purely showing my intention on solving the problem we had. As clearly we didn't manufactured the product ourself, we could be a victim ourself.
    I'll conduct every single refund base on the return items. We advise customer to return the item to us by special delivery and we will reimburse the shipping cost to return the item.
    You have mentioned that you have unsolve order back on last year, please email me your order details to my personal email above, and i promise to look in to it for you with a result.
    I'll keep update and reply to post in afterdawn at least once a day.

Regards,
    Chairuddin

20. proff999

proff999 Member

Is this the same special delivery service you offer? The one that guarantees next day delivery? The same special delivery service I paid for 12 months ago but never given the tracking number?

The only victims here are your customers who placed both a lot of trust and money in you yet you continually let them down. Frankly Mr Chan your promisesare worth nothing in my view, Just read some of the previous posts in this very forum. And now you expect your customers to help you out?

I hope your worrying big time as I have contacted a view " Interested parties" regarding your fraudulent activities.