1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. linsiemf

linsiemf Member

2. linsiemf

linsiemf Member

i dunno wot i clicked ere but i havent wrote this, it came from soupy i were tryin to reply to soupy by seyin, its all well n gud you seyin u havent a problem with model gadget, maybe u wud change ur mind if you had bought a present for your son or daughter and been ripped off and adding to that, everywere is outta stock so this leaves me in a right piddle! i have bought loadsa xmas stuff online this year and not had a prob, i really wish i had not stumbled along this shop. lets ope none of the kids whos parents arent wise to wots goin on arent hurt!!!!!

3. bigbloke

bigbloke Member

Firstly, may I sympathise with all those who have been having issues from these guys. I guess I should read forums and stuff first before I order, but sometimes a tempting offer is too good to miss. I am not here to moan or stress about the company as I have only been waiting a couple of days, but I was hoping that Chairuddin will read this post and tell me what is going on with my order. I received no conformation mail ( like most people! ) except for the World Pay one ( like most people! ), I have sent emails, with no reply ( like most people! ) and nothing. Today, I tried to log onto the site, but I can't. Even changed my password and it didn't work. If this company is a small business and there are issues with ordering, the least that can be done is something posted on the site just to reassure people. This is a stressful time of year for everyone!! The last thing I need is reading all this from all you guys, but hopefully Chairuddin will take these comments and realise that there are customers out there, and selling rubbish goods and not contacting people isn't good enough. Money is there to be made, but there is a right and wrong way of doing it..
    Chairuddin - check your Hotmail Inbox will you mate??!!

4. soupy76

soupy76 Member

Obviously i wouyld be cheesed off if i bought something and there was problems with it, but All i was saying is that i have never had any problems with them, i have ordered again.Its the true saying you only ever hear about a bad holiday,I am going to continue using them until i have problems and then i will withdraw my business from them, until meantime i am very happy.
    scott

5. Bolarbag

Bolarbag Member

I got my refund eventually, saved me a trip down to Surrey, but my friends are still going to pay Mr Chan a visit, after all he's only up the road:)

6. Spogger

Spogger Member

I'm having a lot of trouble getting in touch with model gadget also. I bought a DS and a couple of M3 cards last month. I'm happy with the DS and one M3 card, but the second doesn't work.

I've tried to get a return address and get some contact with M-G, but get nothing back. I just tried the ebay method mentioned a few pages back, but they are "No longer a registered user".

I've seen on here that
    2A River Way, Epsom, Surrey, KT190HH.
    seems to be the address of the company.

Chairuddin, can you confirm that I should send it here, and do you want the whole box and contents, or just the card? I can't believe I have to resort to a public forum to attempt to get in touch with MG
    :(
    good luck everyone with your Christmas shopping!

7. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Member

Yea that's where Chan lives. I would just send back the dodgy m3 card with your order number and address and state wether u want a refund or replacement, personally I would go for a refund.

He is no longer a registered user on ebay, so that tells me someone has reported him for fake goods?

He has told everyone with fake Nintendo DS's to post them back to his address for a refund.

I bought one of his Nintendo Ds's last month, turns out to be a fake. I'm not going to send it back because I dont trust the guy, after all he is no longer registered user on ebay and there is no other way of getting in touch with him, doesn't reply to emails on his site or answer the phone.

Anyway good luck to all you guys who bought from this Chan. Hopefully those who send their goods back will get a refund.

Hope this Chan guy doesn't affect everyones christmas holidays.

Good Luck & Merry Christmas

8. muckie30

muckie30 Member

IF MODEL GADET GIVE YOU TROUBLE CONTACT YOUR BANK AND RECLAME YOUR MONEY THROUGH THEM ITS THE ONLY LANGUAGE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND AND THEY SALE FAKE NINTENDOS WICH I HAVE 2 OF BET THEY DONT WANT THEM BACK AFTER I GET MY MONEY BACK THEY ARE COMPLETE FLOWER POTS WHO NEED CLOSING DOWN NOW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@muckie30
    I know dealing with model gadgets completely sucks but let's keep the shouting (all caps) with your correspondence to them not aD.

10. proff999

proff999 Member

I would imagine that after all the threats this muppet has received he is already on his way back to China or wherever he came from.

As for his "UK Supplier" who sold him these fakes I suggest he simply doesn't exist. I had dealings with these con merchants last year and at that time he finally got back to me and said there was a problem with his supplier in HONG KONG!

You have to ask why he would source these DS's in the UK when he has cheaper suppliers in Hong Kong. I would imagine he now has a pretty tidy amount of customers money in his bank account now and as a result has scarpered.

11. warr10r

warr10r Member

The address given for his company is his home address. He sells from his house, I got my refund by paying him a visit and would suggest this method to all if possible.

12. DuFfMaN00

DuFfMaN00 Member

Been reading about these fake Nintendo Ds lites from Model-gadget with great interest. I've recently recieved a black ds lite from ebuyer.com and it looks like the fakes that have been discussed over the last few days. It has the small box, barcode on the back and the cheap usb psu that barely fits in the box, so much so it was bulging out when I recieved it. Now ebuyer are a reputable company that I've spent thousands of pounds with over the years and I suppose they will cover the warranty themselves for 1 year instead of nintendo. However, do I trust these cheap black adaptors or return it. As christmas is soon and it's a present, am a bit worried about tracking down another console. Any one else bought a ds lite from ebuyer?

13. 77matt

77matt Member

If I were you, I would definetly make contact with ebuyer, as its not an original UK spec, and that's a problem as you cannot register it with Nintendo UK. I would call (0871 5213300/01430 433605) them and express your concern. You should have a quicker response from them though. The one thing that was asked by Trading Standards was, "does it have a CE mark?".

Do you mind telling us how much you paid?

14. cjr8bs

cjr8bs Member

I posted my NDS Lite back to Model-Gadget on Monday. Received a refund on Tuesday. The cash has just appeared back in my account now.

The refund included a refund for sending it back Special Delivery.

The NDS itself appeared to be good but a US model. From what I can see, if it was a fake, then it used the same, or very similar looking parts used in genuine models. It worked fine. I examined it carefully, comparing it with a known genuine one. The power supply however was definitely not genuine. Not only that, it looked exactly like the one shown in a link (given on this thread) that has been linked with possibly causing harm.

I would have been quite happy to keep the NDS. The power supply seemed OK, but as there was doubt about its safety, I was prepared (but not happy) to not use it and either make do with my genuine one that I have or buy another if needed. However, that all changed when Model-Gadget requested the return of all items sold in November. I saw I had the following options:

Pay Model-Gadget a visit. The preferred option. This is why I usually by items such as this from a local shop as you can simply pop back there if there is a problem. However Model-Gadget is several hundred miles from me, so that is not a viable option.

Customer Direct and Trading Standards. A serious consideration. I should do really if this guy is to be taught the lesson in business that he obviously needs. The option is still open. I did not see this option as the best way of helping me with my Christmas presents or refund though which was the most important factor to me.

Refund. I decided it best to return the item for a refund. As it turns out. I think I made the right decision.

Goods were posted to me Special Delivery and arrived the next day after posting. They arrived 7 days after ordering although I was expecting next day delivery as the items were marked as in stock on the website.

Communicating with this seller was nigh on impossible. He ignored all emails and 'tickets' via his website. I sent half a dozen or so emails over several days after the order did not arrive next day as expected. I filled in 2 'tickets' on the website. The first one was closed by them after they determined I had not responded to them. How that worked, I am at a loss to understand as they had not answered me in the first place. I received no response whatsoever from the second 'ticket', not even a closing message.

The only way I received responses was through their eBay auction 'Ask Seller a Question' facility. The very first response I received from them was a confirmation of postage after I had actually received the item. Unfortunately, I see that 'modelgadgetshop' is no longer a registered user on eBay, so that option has gone now.

Once I realised the item Model-Gadget had sold me had a problem (made for sale in US and dodgy replacement power supply), I contacted Model-Gadget through eBay, they responded quickly and offered a refund. The next day, Model-Gadget made the recall announcement on this thread. I posted it back and had my refund the next day.

The single biggest problem that I had with Model-Gadget was the poor communication. I would have been OK with a delay in sending out the item if I had known there was a delay. In the end, that was my only problem.

I prefer to believe (but don't necessarily actually do, I have an open mind on this as I like to think folks are basically honest but have sadly seen many people that are not)that 'Model-Gadget' were themselves duped. They knew they were selling US DS Lites but they thought they would be OK with the 'CE' marked power supplies they were putting in the package. I suspect that would have been the case but I reckon the power supplies are not really 'CE' certificated, just marked that way. I don't think I would ever have realised the NDS was a US only item had it not been for this thread. I don't think it would have mattered to me either.

However, I do think that Model-Gadget would have been wise to mention that they were selling goods intended for the US market to UK customers on the website though. Maybe they could not do that, I don't know but maybe it is not legal to sell US goods in the UK? A quick Google just now makes it look possible. Maybe someone could answer that?

Before I bought from Model-Gadget, I DID Google and did not find this thread. I really have no idea how I missed it. When my order had not arrived after 2 days, I searched again and found this thread. Some of the doom and gloom messages I read really made me think my money was lost forever. Fortunately, there were enough positive messages and help to keep my hopes up and give me ideas as to a course of action to take. Incidentally, thanks to AfterDawn and the moderators (creaky and binkie7 come to mind) for being here.

Good look to all you folks still trying to sort out the mess Model-Gadget as left you in.

This sorry affair represents my worst internet buying experience ever. I have had a couple of dire happenings thanks to eBay, but Model-Gadget tops the lot I think.

As for the occasional person on this thread that reports a good experience with Model-Gadget, I say 'Well Done!' Although I suspect they have been very lucky or maybe have low expectations. I have not seen many threads like this one for other sellers.

Apologies in advance for a bit of shouting now :-O

IF YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM MODEL-GADGET. DON'T DO IT! DON'T BUY FROM MODEL-GADGET

15. doggman

doggman Guest

Hey guys, I just bought 7 R4's from the model gadget site and was worried when i saw this thread, i just spoke to a chinese guy, who assures me my orders was sent special delivery today.. and i will have it before 1pm tomorrow... i will wait and see, but he sounded genuine..

here is the number i rang for those who are concerned..

0208 8732310

hope you all get sorted..

Regards

Steve

16. proff999

proff999 Member

As he has sent them Special delivery he can supply you with the tracking number and give you peace of mind. Has he supplied a tracking number?

17. doggman

doggman Guest

Not yet, but i will ring for that if it does not arrive by said time tomorrow... the reason i didnt ask for it is because i also sell from home and know that i send someone to despatch while i am at home doing the work and answering the phone... so sometimes i dont get the tracking number until later that day...

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt as he has never ripped me or my friends off in the past...

i have also been looking at the counterfiet link... i am wondering why on earth people think that just cos they are from china they will be half price or less.. i buy from chinese suppliers and gone are the days when you could make a killing from importing from china.. that boat sailed about 7 years ago... yes you can still get goods cheaper.. but my bet is that these are refurbished products in the aftermarket shells.. I refurb Nintendo DS' and DS lites and always state that they are in an aftermarket Shell...

I have also been let down in the past due to me forgetting that the chinese factories close for certain holidays.. and no trade moves.. i am hoping that this has been his problem, but if it is not and my order does not turn up, i will be braying down his door on satuday afternoon..

Regards

STeve

18. soupy76

soupy76 Member

I managed to get hold of the guy too, and he does seen genuine, infact i have spoken to him a few times and he has seemed sound, as for the next day delivery by 1pm, i use the special delivery option on the stuff i send and to be honest i think every 1 package in 10 has made it on time, i am not sweating yet as i have every trust in the order coming shortly.
    scott

19. DuFfMaN00

DuFfMaN00 Member

Hey Matt77, I paid £97 for the console. After a bit of investigation I've found out that they are US imports. The ds lite can be registered in the US but not the UK. Theres no need though because ebuyer give their own 1 year gaurantee. The box also has a big CE sticker on it and theres one on the adaptor so I guess it will be fine? The actual ds lite works great and the adaptor doesn't get very hot so I think I'll keep it.

The question is, could some of these supposed fakes be genuine US imports? The US imports have some of the details posted here :- http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nort...consoles-warning-for-shoppers-72703-22412528/ .

Something doesn't smell right with HMRC and the scare monger stories.

20. muckie30

muckie30 Member

Caps no caps its not the issue here and model gadget do not know what corspondance means y do u care wether i use caps or not it was because caps lock was on and did not notice couldent be bothered to chainge it come on stick to the issue in hand not my hand writing winge about somthing worth winging about