1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. leiladl

leiladl Member

hi guys, im yet another victim of the model gadget scam, ive literally signed up here to say what ive done to get my money back and then hopefully you can all do the same. I bought an r4 ds and 1GB memory with next day delivery on the 6th dec.
    I cant afford to splash out £40 and forget about it as some kind of mistake so i contacted trading standards with his address and telephone number and they are doing an investigation. they said it will probably end in teh small claims court if i wanted to but to try my bank too.
    I spoke to someone in my bank and they transferred me to visa disputes and Fraud dept, they issue an investigation and then in 3-5 weeks they send you your money back. there is buyer protection even though i didnt use a credit card!
    just hope the package doesnt turn up tommorow now cos i just bought another one off amazon!

2. poke50uk

poke50uk Member

dito as far as this seems to be the only discussion when googled
    I just phoned up natwest.. they said its fine for me to clame back, just need to pop in.. I have a debt card too if anyone wishes to know

I would have been so alone without this disscussion

as soon as it gets all refunded, i'll try and get an M3 from somewhere else.. dunno what im going to do bout my sisters swap disk though!
    If anyone has any good sites to order off... please let me know.. otherwise its chipmod for me again

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  3. proff999

proff999 Member

modchip-store.co.uk delivered the day after I ordered, But I did order late afternoon so the service was amazing as compared to the muppet at model-gadget

4. Rizaldo

Rizaldo Member

Hi, just thought i would make use all feel better by joining in on this topic and letting use know i placed an order for 20 r4 cards costing me £409 if only...if ONLY i did my research first. i placed the order on the 5/12 thinking i would receive them latest today as i have several to giv out in time for xmas...just an email or some kind of communication from them would help ease the pain. i will have to hope for the best.

5. RustyMG

RustyMG Member

Regarding my earlier post, just as well I was sitting down when I went into my emails - I have an email from him saying my order from Dec 5th (1 R4 cartridge and a 1gig card) is now dispatched !!

Now granted, until I get it thru the letterbox I will remain unconvinced, but, this is more than I expected - will keep you all informed !

6. azster

azster Member

dear

i am in the same situation i order my R4 last week money was taken but no goods have arrived, i feel the same, disappointed and angry towards model gadget for no communication. but as i have seen the back order seems to have started around 5th december and it seems to be the same on all R4 sites.

so i think we should just pray that we get these R4 asap and before xmas. if rustys order has been dispatched the maybe he has had a batch of R4 deliverd.

i guess im going to wait another week to see what happens, as he really doesnt want to communicate with us, and then i will take this further.

can some on email me his phone number and personal email if u have it????

7. wirerob

wirerob Guest

Ok maybe some good news at last - I think I posted on page 3 that I ordered an M3 and 2Gb card on the 21st November and to date had no successfull contact with Model Gadget, besides the 1 automated we are very busy at this time of year blah blah blah. well my pateince snapped late last week and I sent one last e mail before threatening to contact visa and Surrey trading stds with a Monday deadline. On Monday my order finally showed up in my account and even marked as dispatched and today the m3 and card arrived.
    Hope this is a sign that things are begining to get sorted with this company and people will start receiving their orders - shame really as uptil a couple of weeks ago there reputation was quite good.

Point to emphasise is indicate that you have been messed around long enough - set a deadline and state what action you are going to take ie STS and credit card company refunds.

Hope this reasures most on this thread that the company is still functioning but appears to need the right pressure applied.

8. Geoft85

Geoft85 Member

Cheers for the feedback wirerob.

9. Fran72

Fran72 Member

Glad to see you finally got a result Rob, nice one.

I just logged into MG to check on things and it still says "You have not yet made any purchases", has for pressure applied i've tried everything this past week apart from actual physical threats (lol) without any joy....SO FAR!!!!!!

10. MrWitness

MrWitness Member

Hi everyone.

My recorded delivery letter to him has ..
    I guess he's even dodging the Postman now !

@ FORUM MODS - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD AND MAYBE HELP SAVE SOMEBODY ELSE GETTING STUNG THIS XMAS

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  11. adenottm

adenottm Member

Still no sign of my 2G SD cards yet...but no surprises there. No reply to any emails either.

Interesting to see some of you are still waiting on R4's. I got the ones I ordered on 3rd December - it took a whole week but they did arrive.

If you want to stop m-g getting your cash you can ring your credit card company and state you want to dispute a transaction, saying its for "non-receipt of goods" and how much for. At the very least you won't have to pay interest on the transaction until the dispute is fully resolved. It may take a few months but your Credit card company will take it on, firstly by charging it back to m-g, who then have 45-60 days to formally reply. No reply means they accept the charge-back, wiping it off your bill.

12. GodzD

GodzD Regular member

If it comes down to it,I just may have to do that.

13. poke50uk

poke50uk Member

may I add. that the email I got saying dispached was on the Sun 02 Dec, its now the 13th and I still don't have my items!!
    dispatched email doesnt nessarasyly mean arrive items ¬_¬

14. goide

goide Member

Hi
    Just thought I'd post about this site too - Ordered on the 6th December for a Ps2 slide tool... got a confirmation email on the same day. A week later, I haven't received anything and I've sent the guy about 3 emails with no reply whatsoever.

Any advice as to what I should do?

People - stay away from this seller and his website!

15. taker0

taker0 Member

i was thinking of buying from this guy, but it looked a little fishy. i ordered my r4 from here 2 days ago and i got mine today. no hassles. but i think its only in australia though.

hope you guys get your stuff sent to you soon.

16. mjcuk

mjcuk Member

I ordered 2x R4 cards on the 30th of November. This was a Friday.

There was a note on the website to say that because of the busy Xmas period, orders would be shipping out within 3-5 days. I got an email on the monday (3rd) to say that it had dispatched. I was expecting it to arrive on the Tuesday due to it being special delivery. It didn't turn up.

The order arrived on Wednesday 5th December by Special Delivery - it obviously hadn't been posted out until the Tuesday, the order system had been updated on the Monday to say the order had been dispatched.

I was very impressed with the cards and ordered two more for family on Thursday 6th December, I'm still waiting now.

I've sent an email or two to make sure that because I'd ordered the same thing twice he didn't think it was a duplicate order, hadn't heard anything back and came across this thread posted into one of the item reviews on the website itself.

I'm a little worried but having had recieved my intial order I'm sure nothing untoward is going on - he's probably doing this as a business on the side rather than his day job and is inundated with orders due to it coming up to Xmas. Crap communication - yes. Do I think he's done a runner? No.

I don't know whether I'll see these two cards before Xmas, which is a shame as they would have been ideal presents and I've already got the 2GB cards from somewhere else all ready to go.

The R4 DS is now listed on the site as being on Back Order, most places seem to have the same status. I'm trying to find somewhere that has them in stock for a not-too extortionate price. As soon as I do I'll post details up here.

Hang in there folks, I'm sure it'll be fine :)

17. poke50uk

poke50uk Member

My stuff arrived today.. special delivery.. was sent yesterday.. even though he said it shipped last week!!
    and its not the runble M3 I asked for.. its the perfect M3.. no good as I alrady have a super card ¬_¬

18. Isobelld

Isobelld Member

Hi I ordered 4 r4,s on the 6th of december my order saysit has been processed products to arrive in 3 to 5 days ,as I keep looking into the website Im was anxious about my order as hes getting a lot of bad reviews know from other buyers I clicked on a link and got this forum .
    Ive tried email/phone/skype but no reply to any of them .
    So I contacted consumers advice and they have taken all my details etc and they are getting in touch with Surrey Trading standards.
    I only hope we will all get our items or is this going to be Model Gagdets year same as the Farepack hamper fiasco of 2006
    Will keep you informed bye Isobell

19. mjcuk

mjcuk Member

The perfect M3 bundle is better than the rumble one isn't it?

It comes with the rumble pack and the GBA adapter, so you've saved a few quid?

I've ordered an M3 perfect from consoleup, hopefully I'll have a better experience with them.

20. markjaide

markjaide Member

hi all just looked on his website again regarding my order for one r4ds and card i ordered on the 7th and it still says processing still no contact but he is not taking any more orders for the r4 you cant click add to cart,so hes hopefully trying to sort out his previous customers b4 selling some more,a few people who ordered on the 5th have recieved them so im gonna keep me fingers crossed,i contacted my bank and theres nothing they can do till 30 days after the transaction which is gona b 2 l8 for xmas then anyway