1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. conor987

conor987 Member

I bought an r4 with 2gb microsd card from model-gadget on the 26th of December, It still hasn't arrived i Know I shouldn't be worried but it is so important that i get it before the 6th of January.I live in Ireland so i couldnt get a higher leveled shipping class it was just royal air mail but i was told it would be here within a 3-5 day period after Despatchment. So about two hours later i got an e-mail saying it was despatched and the payment was successful. Ive tried emailing them wondering how my order is doing but there has been no reply but i know they are really busy after what happened with there emails or something? but im just worried that i wont get it before the 6th!!!!!

And what's this about them not being opened till the 20th of January or something i dont see that at all on the website but will it affect my order even though it says its despatched? jes this company would really want to sort themselves out quick!!

please help me someone!!!!!!

2. roy05077

roy05077 Member

Still no response on any of the phone numbers from the site or from this thread for 2 x M3 DS real cards ordered from model gadget on 18th dec with guaranteed christmas delivery, just had 2 email responses from the 2 emails i sent both read:-

Roy Irwin,

This message is regarding your Ticket ID #VFI-236192. We are changing the status of this ticket to 'Closed' as we have not received a response from you in 72 hours. Subject: RE:purchase of 2 x M3 DS real cardsDepartment: SalesPriority: CriticalStatus: Open If you have any further questions then do let us know. Console PC LTD

3. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

I order an R4 with 2GB memory card from theom on 27/12, it arrived today, so I wouldn't worry. However - havent managed to get mine working as yet... so if you get your's working, please let me know!

4. conor987

conor987 Member

thats great settles a few nerves do you live in England or are you abroad .Did they contact you a lot or was it just that one email like me?did you find it hard to get through to them aswell?

so that means that that rumour that they are closed is just made up!!!hear that people!!

5. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

I was getting worried myself, and so I sent 2 emails but got nothing back. All I had from them was an email confirming my order and an email from WorldPay confirming payment. I also tried ringing them and it went to a voicemail that didn't allow me to leave a message as it was full.
    I live in the UK - I got it within 6 days, which is pretty good considering its been over Xmas and New Year.
    I reckon you should recieve it wihtin a few days. PLEASE post on here if you find a firmware that works with the R4 from model gadget - would be HUGELY appreciated!! : )

6. conor987

conor987 Member

of course il remember you i wontt forget hope you come across one in the meantime though so you dont have to wait all this time thanks for the help!!!

7. MaryD7

MaryD7 Regular member

last time i shopped at www.ds-one.co.uk is very good. but if you want it even cheaper, you can buy it from dealextreme.com. its from hong kong and takes about 10days or so.

8. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

managed to get mine up and running with the help of a guardian angel.
    just recieved an email from model-gadget, telling me my order had been dispatched....the day after i recieved it!
    hang in there, they appear to be ok just slow with responding to communication!

9. conor987

conor987 Member

how did you do it just if i have the same problem with mine(which hasn't come yet) but i was told there is no currier on saturday so fingers crossed it comes tomorrow.

10. shawkes23

shawkes23 Member

managed to get the right software - make sure you try the website that it says on the box first!

11. conor987

conor987 Member

so is the r4 working properly now is it easy to get games onto it.

12. cumber46

cumber46 Member

is anyone been able to contact these people since the new year if how

13. roy05077

roy05077 Member

Still waiting for my 2 M3 real cards ordered on 18th Dec with guaranteed Christmas delivery, Severly getting P***ed of with this company, have taking my money, do not have the common courteousy to send me confirmation of my order, respond to my emails by saying they are now closing them as they have not recieved a response from me in 72 hrs(Cheek) Model gadget get it right i am awaiting a response from you!!!!!!, you have my money now pull your finger out and do what you advertise if you cant do it dont advertise it.
    They manage to have time to remove their mobile contact no from the website and the Guaranteed special christmas delivery message, but cant give me a simple answer. How can this company still be trading when from what i have been reading on the net this company has been doing the same to lots of other peiople for well over a year now

14. MPatto

MPatto Member

I Managed to get Nintendo DS (Pink) for my Niece just before christmas, Christmas day she was playing on it and a water mark appeared on the top screen, the right hand side of the touch screen is out of line by about 1cm, i have done 2 tickets to Model Gadget had 1 automated reply saying log in with these details to track your ticket and low and behold the details dont work, I have sent 2 emails to chairuddinchan@hotmail.com and had no reply(this email does work as had replies before from it)I think they have got till Monday to reply if not Trading Standards here we come, try and get Nintendo to repair, but i've got a funny feeling it is an American Import as the box is way smaller than as an DS bought from Tesco's.

15. 77matt

77matt Member

The number Chairddin called me on before Christmas was 07882663350, but I would advice you all to go to trading standards,consumer direct as this company needs a wake up call.

MPatto I really don't think they are American imports, as they have different screws etc and seem a poor build quality, not having a Nintendo battery either. You really need to go to trading standards/consumer direct and get the ball rolling.

I hope someone comes across this thread before making a purchase from this company and thinks twice.

Good luck to you all!

16. muckie30

muckie30 Member

I have two fake nintendo ds from model-gadget and the cheeky blighters want me to pay the postage and they will re-emburse me i dont trust them but the bank say they cant help me unless we have proof that we have returned the goods we told the bank that we had no return address and the bank could not find one either dont know whats going to happen but my kids had a very disapointed christmas with two DS's that stoped working coz they were shody fakes gerrrrrrrrrr

17. cumber46

cumber46 Member

hi muckie 31
    adresses

model gadgets
    2a river way
    epsom
    kt19 0hh

or
    console pc
    unit c argent court
    hook rise south
    surbiton
    kt6 7nl

inform trading standards if you get no joy

18. MPatto

MPatto Member

Look what i got today...

This message is regarding your Ticket ID #SGO-743086. We are changing the status of this ticket to 'Closed' as we have not received a response from you in 72 hours.

Subject: Return of a Faulty Nintendo DS Lite
    Department: Support
    Priority: Urgent

If you have any further questions then do let us know.

Console PC LTD

Unbelievable respond to what, the log in details i recieved from my last ticket dont work, so it's trading standards Monday morning as well as Nintendo to repair.

19. mrkevlh

mrkevlh Member

If it helps. Managed to get a phone number for model-gadget.com from my CC company. 0203 039 3537

20. MPatto

MPatto Member

Thanks for the phone number mate, but they have had their chance (4 chances in fact)If i did get to speak to someone whats the odds i return it and have major hassle getting replacement or refund, It's Nintendo Uk and Trading Standards, I wonder what Nintendo will do if they check out this website and see all the R4 cards with games being sold.