1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. george62

george62 Member

Well I ordered a R4SD package from Model Gadgets on 1 Jan 09 and was debited the same day.model gadgets
    2a river way
    epsom
    kt19 0hh

or
    console pc
    unit c argent court
    hook rise south
    surbiton
    kt6 7nl

So many e-mails have been sent and no joy.
    well he has 7 more days gent's He has crossed the wrong cat this time, makes me smile when I know what he has brought upon himself and his family. No one, and I mean no one, Silly silly man. Honour among thieves, Mike honour. Your server down ?? :) tell on of my guy's

2. sparq2112

sparq2112 Member

I ordered my ttds cards (4 of them) from www.model-gadget.com
    (Please do not use this site, you'll get ripped off and never receive your stuff)

I ordered on 29th December 08,

I paid the £7.50 for the only delivery option available, Next day delivery / Special delivery.

The website has no phone number to contact them on.

They insist the parcel was sent out by Royal Mail Special Delivery, thou Royal Mail has no track of this item.

I have e-mailed them about 10 times, they only genuinely responded to my 1st e-mail insisting my parcel was on it's way.

The next 8 or 9 e-mails I've sent them keep saying
    "this ticket is closed as we've had no response from you in 72 hours"

This is not true as I have proof that I have e-mailed them dates/times ect.

I have even used their on-line help ticket system, this true is useless and will get you nowhere.

I have since googled their website and surprise, surprise their is nothing but mountains of complaints about this (www.model-gadget.com) website.

www.Avforums.com is one that lists them, as do AfterDawn.com, there are even more listed forum sites with really bad stories reguarding this Company.

I have e-mailed them requesting a contact number, no surprise that they have not done so.

I am now writing to "Trading Standards" about them and contacting my credit card company to get a full refund under the "Sale Of Goods Act"

Please please please, do yourself a favour do not buy from this website.

I hope I am wrong and they sort it out, but to be honest, I have given up hope.

Sparq2112

3. conor987

conor987 Member

Just got mine on the 6th of January perfect timing huh got it working and all the games on it you dont get a cd but thats not a big problem just download it off their site and for all the people who are reading this just before buying an r4 from model-gadget dont listen to half these people its perfect just they were extremely busy over christmas. I live in Ireland and i got mine in 8 working days ! o and dont be worried thatt it wont come take that from someone whgo has experience

4. cumber46

cumber46 Member

conner if they are so good why dont they ansewr emails phone calls or any other question

5. cumber46

cumber46 Member

6. george62

george62 Member

Please stay clear of this company, I have been waiting since 1 st Jan, they have my money I have nothing except his location.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Glad you got your stuff but this thread has been going since November 2007 and (so far) at 58 pages it's still jam-packed with unhappy people. Model-Gadget's owner allegedly posts in here once in a blue moon but he obviously has no shame to continue to run a business in this way. I've seen Trading Standards mentioned many times but so far i've read nothing about the heavies going around there to persuade him to run his business in a reputable way.

As per the thread title - "Don't be conned into buying" from these people.

8. angie27

angie27 Member

I placed an order with Klickstore.com on 22nd December 2008, paid for it special delivery, and my goods were advertised as being in stock and would be dispatched within 24 hours. I still have not received them. I have emailed them numerous times and like other people have received the 'status closed due to failure to respond within 72 hours' message!!! The phone number that was on the site at the time of order has been removed, I cannot reply to any email I have received from them as their mailbox is full, and the same with the phone numbers displayed on this site. I only wish I had viewed this forum prior to purchasing!

9. mm0wkj

mm0wkj Member

Model Gadget are nothing short of shambolic. They have no business sence, no customer support and couldnt find their own ass with both hands in a well lit room.

Order placed 26th December
    Seperate order placed 26th decemnber
    Received one order in January (yippee)
    2nd order never turned up.contacted their so called 'support' jan 6th
    Contacted again jan 7th
    And again jan 8th
    No reply until jan 10th with a sorry excuse of 'their server is busy'
    Given 3 (yes THREE) reference numbers (none of which related to my orders.
    Chased again with no reply
    And again, no reply
    AND AGAIN no reply
    Received an e-mail stating ordered item no longer supplied but their site still had them available.
    Received another e-mail stating item has shipped
    Received another e-mail stating order cancelled and refund being processed.
    Received another -e-mail stating the query was being cloed due to no reply.
    Received another e-mail stating devcie now i stock and woudl be shipped
    Yet another e-mail stating item shipped
    Yet another stating order cancelled

3 weeks after order only one received, 2nd is missing, been refunded twice and now have a free item, another on its way (which I havent paid for) and they still haev no idea what they are doing.

Utterly clueless, no support, inept service, brain dead staff and 5 differnt ways and e-mail addresses to contact them on.

Deal with these morons at your peril.

10. mbuk

mbuk Member

Call & Complain\log call to Worldpay, thats who they use for payment control, the more people who Complain they will do something abut them, also if in UK give watchdog a call.

cheers all
    paul

11. mm0wkj

mm0wkj Member

Worldpay are simply a payment interface and will not/cannot get involved. Any chasing for refunds etc MUST go through your credit card company or bank. The worldpay reference required as confirmation payment has been made.

12. mbuk

mbuk Member

If people Complain to worldpay they will get involved with the way tne company are trading, just make sure you log a call & get ref number

cheers

13. delta36

delta36 Member

Never bought from them, but just headed over to the site to check it out and noticed they're already selling the DSi (Japan Import). Looking at reports of the dodgy DS's bought from here I wonder if these are real? Also, as software for the DSi is region locked, the DSi would be useless unless using Japanese games!

14. pompyman

pompyman Guest

AAARRRRR seems like i might be another victim of this company i placed an order last saturday 17 january and i have recieved nothing so decided to try to contact them only to find there seems to be no way to do so ...........If your reading this before ordering then i surgest you take note of the heading and steer well clear of (((Klick Store Model-gadget and consolepc))they all seem to be part of the same company.
    If my order should turn up then i will appologise on here but i don't hold up much hope. lee

15. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

Okay guys i bought 20 r4sdhc from klickstore and paid special delivery, had to wait over week still to arrive , i then bought another 20 from them start of december same deal again, both times getting email saying dispatched and as paid special delivery waited in like right mug but did come, was gonna buy even more but left as was fizzing with this guys lack of sales service....but ive come back bought 10 r4s on 20th of january 09 paying special; delivery got email on 21st saying dispatched remeber ive paid special delivery, its now the 26th no goods and no replys and phone just says mail box full, i am lucky enough to have contacts close to him and will publish his home adress here if im left waiting,, i also have another contact for r4s that sends out straight away every time and takes paypal........so mike or should i say chairuddin chan, if you want to play games i promise you picked wrong one i will make this newyear to rember from buisness sense of course for you if you continue to ignore me

16. coupz

coupz Member

Although it is still early days for me I too don't think that I am going to receive my 5 ds edge cards from these people. £77 taken from my account, the web page states same day despatch and they charge £7.50 for next day special delivery which hasn't happened. I have managed to find 3 telephone numbers but no response from any of them I have also emailed 3 or 4 times up until now but guess what still no response. I had ordered some of these for friends who obviously won't want to pay for nothing so it looks like I will be out of pocket. If I get no reponse or no delivery I will also be reporting them to Trading Standards. I don't know if it would be worth reporting them to the police after all it is theft of a kind. Maybe what ever we do it won't make any difference as I have looked at other forums and it seems they have been doing this sort of thing for a few year or more and are still doing it. This is all we need in a credit crunch to pay money for nothing.

17. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

hang tight just now mate and hold off trading standards just yet, i have his home adress and am in process of getting his home number, its chinese new year and will obviously be his excuse its more he makes you wait till next julember on stuff, but you can contact your credit card company to reverse transaction but worldpay want you to wait 30 days after sale min to allow enough time me ill send team right through his door and not for 10 x r4sdhc cards no on principle,

i also have few google ad vouchers i got free and will use these to beat him on web page rankings and destroy all his websites and him that way too with posts and links to forums like this and links to honest sellers ,, ive been buying and selling these from day one and dealt with some dodgy people this guy is mad he could have cracking buisness and we would be back,, bought 40 off him december wanted another 200 was that pissed off went else where for them and got next day,, i thought id give him another chance as spoke on phone ect and hey ho what a dick i am eh? but dont stress pal im on case and know how to get money back if he shoots through so you wont loss but we need to wait :(

18. cumber46

cumber46 Member

having placed an order 13/12/08 having been told that it was sent next day i have never recieved it. put in a claim never heard a thing sent numerous e mails no reply tried to phone no joy spoke to trading standards. saturday recied e mail replacments sent recorded delivery, today tuesday have just recieved it,so dont give up keep badgering them it may help hope you are all as lucky as me

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  19. nuttsaq3

nuttsaq3 Member

Model gadget, worst service i have ever come across in all my years of buying items off the internet.Ok so, I ordered my item, they tell me it is dispatched the next day. 5 days later they then tell me that they dont hav it in stock, even tho they have a huge green tick next to the item i purchased and the words "in stock" on their web page??. I then send them numorious emails to which i get no reply and still have no result of a refund. AVOID AT ALL COSTS PEOPLE, these clowns may get 1 order correct in 100, they are conmen and they should't be able to get away with this.

20. coupz

coupz Member

I tried another email address today and received what they call a ticket saying a member of staff will reply accordingly, but as I have read from others this doesn't really mean anything. If he has a problem with stock then at least if he said so then people probably wouldn't mind so much, but he is false advertising the same day dispatch which obvioulsy he can't achieve. As someone else said it would be a cracking business if he just spent sometime on the service. He is a very silly man as from what I have read on several forums quite a few people have made threats and know where he lives so if I were him I would be very worried. I came across one forum where the moderator locked the thread because there was alot of anger and threats going on towards this man.