1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

dont know? just got email from him as well reckon he got someone to take care of for him maybe? just intrested in them comming lol and second email was personal from himself so dont doubt him first was sort of automated type one but second clear....they do have a thing on there agreement where they might get someone ie there supplier to fill orders direct so maybe that...tomorrow hopefully posting alls well that ends well followed by rest of you :) coz end of day main punter i did not want to let down is tomorrow night and now looks like i wont :)
    suppose hard to feel sorry for us and bet nintendo read this and laugh there backends off lol wonder if they post on here as disgruntled punters? lol

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

There's no trawling required. A simple google search is all that's needed.

I've been buying online for many years, and tend to stick to the same few places i always have; however if i wanted to buy something from somewhere i'd never heard of/or never dealt with before i'd do a little research first. It's common sense really, any kid with a computer can setup a website and trade from his bedroom, just because a website exists doesn't mean people should blindly hand over money/credit card details etc etc. ..in the case of Model Gadget, see what a simple 'Google Earth' gives you..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  3. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

HAVE TO AGREE WITH ABOVE BUT IN ANOTHER WAY FIRST TIME I PURCHASED THEY TOOK PAYPAL ANY PROBS WOULD HAVE BEEN SORTED AND ALL 20 CAME SO WHEN CAME BACK AND NEVER TOOK PAYPAL I FELT OKAY AS LAST 20 CAME SO USED NEW SYSTEM (WHICH I LOOKED UP FIRST AND THEY KEEP DATA PRIVATE SAME AS PAYPAL run by halifax if i remeber right) sorry all caps whoops not shouting lol,,,but had they not taken paypal i would def search and check up but whith paypal you covered against non reciept,, try contacting them before sale if hard then you dont want to be in that position after :) and it only takes seconds to google someone

4. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

Okay its 11.30 now so less than hor and half to go till 1 which is dead line for special delivery and so far nothing has came and tracking number still says items sent special delivery are only first tracked blah blah blah which basicaly means its not sent but im giving benifit of doubt for next hour and half then will know for certain then im gonna rewind to earlier stance and explode as waited in all morning and will not take that in any shape or form i warned him he bam me up thats it so back in couple hours and u reading this mike? tick tick tick the my fuse starting to smolder mate and im telling you its short.....think im a lemming? i think im a right belter for being sucked in again mate but i will now have last laugh i think

5. coupz

coupz Member

If anyone wants to chase an item that they are waiting for try this number. I got straight through and once we established that it hadn't been despatched and they didn't have any stock they refunded me straight away and it is now back in my bank account, so I feel much better now. Certainly will not use again, and will definately do a goole seach on anyone else I use.

6. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

BEEN ON PHONE TO THAT NUMBER SHE JUST LIES FOR HER COUNTRY TELLING ME TOTAL UTTER NONSENSE.........things like was posted at 1 yesterday so missed the cut off for pickup lol lol last chance for special arriving next day is 4pm how i know well ive sent stuff this way for years selling on ebay and i phoned po before them ;) call number you not stressed and have others waiting and just yourself id demand refund in full like coupz and run and dont forget to tell everyone who will listen!! o and coupz take swing over to pc jerry, you diont need to go to forums he lets you post commentas on his site takes paypal and whats more does what it says on tin :) only downside is he is very popular with all us and often out of stock as he shifts them because he is the man....you only see and hear good stuff on hi,m and bought tons from him and always my first port of call but needed now and he was out of stock so came to you guessed it klickstore number 1 for lies and deceipt

7. junkd

junkd Member

Hi all,

I'm another of the unfateful bunch that found this thread AFTER buying from Model Gadget. In my case though I was referred to the site by a friend who had ordered and recieved his goods no problem.

I got through after a couple of tries on the 020 number. The lady tells me - after comfirming I had not recieved an e-mail to say the order had been dispatched or gone out of stock - that when I made my order (25th January) it was automatically sent to their warehouse where they were only aware they had become out of stock on the 26th. She also tells me they will recieve their next batch this afternoon and the orders pending will be dispatched tomorrow/Monday to be delivered roughly Wednesday but she would not commit to that.

I'm not sure whether I should wait and see what happens next week or just get a refund and go elsewhere. I guess I'll be waiting either way which isn't good because I'm a very impatient man. >_<

Hi by the way, first AD post.

8. creaky

you won't find a warehouse, nor any stores, just a house.

9. ChrisJnz

ChrisJnz Member

well let me know where he lives and i will go give him a visit

10. pompyman

pompyman Guest

I said in my first post i would tell of any changes as i was worried i wouldn't see my order or money again. but i recieved a second email today telling me my order has been updated to "despatched" only this time i have got a royal mail tracking number so with any luck i will recieve my order within the next few days ,
    If i do then thats not to bad less then 3 weeks ,If only they advertise this rather then sending out emails that state ""please allow 3 to 5 days for delivery"" and answered there emails I'm sure we would all be a lot happier and would have been saved a lot of worry.
    I will post to confirm i have recieved my order.

11. TheLaw

TheLaw Member

I've joined this forum just to tell you my own truthful story of dealing with Model Gadget etc.

Ordered on-line on the 19th of January, a single r4ds shdc card.

Got three emails almost immediately. First two were introduction, order details, last one said order dispatched. Should have been sent first class recorded delivery. I figured a few days. I had not read this thread first, obviously.

Nothing received after five days or so, so I sent three emails, over a period of days, via different means, one in reply to Chairruddin's automated emails to me, one to another address from the site, and one via the submit a ticket option from the site. No reply to any of them. Tried the two 'phone numbers posted here a few pages back. The mobile was switched off, the landline was full / not answering etc.

Not looking so good really. I've been keeping up with this thread for a week or so now. No joy with worldpay for a refund, so I was resigned to my 19 quid being lost probably.

Then had a ghost email from an automated mailer saying my ticket was being closed due to not responding to it. I see.

As I say, resigned to it all ending badly.

Today, by first class recorded post, arrived my r4ds shdc card from Model Gadget. Shocked!

It has the return address on the jiffy bag of Model-Gadget
    Ewell Court Post Office
    179 Kingston Road
    KT19 0AA, United Kingdom on it.

There was nothing in the bag, no receipt, nothing, other than the r4 box, which had the card in it in the light blue case they come in, and a super micro usb adapter, nothing else at all. Furthermore, the card has an r4 sticker on it, no mention of the shdc, which my other card does. I thought that it might be a v2 r4 and not support the 4gb card I had ready to put in it. But, I've set it all up tonight and it seems to work fine, and reads the 4gb card no problem.

So, whilst Model Gadget are undoubtedly dodgy, my order did turn up 12 days after I ordered it, which seems quite good by their standards. I also got another email telling me my goods had dispatched. No kidding!

Hope this helps people.

TL.

12. creaky

I'd bought something off an ebay seller (not any of the Model Gadget companies) a few months ago. The item was faulty, and as i do tech for a living i knew all the troubleshooting i needed to know. However the seller still had the gall to give me the runaround by requesting i fill in a 'ticket' so that his other 'staff' could progress the fault.
    Well guess what, there were no other staff, it was the same person, and he was just trying to feed me solutions off google. An absolute shambles, but i was wise to him and more importantly i got my refund.

The moral of the story is to not see a website on the internet and assume it's reputable.

13. pompyman

pompyman Guest

UPDATE..........
    My order of 1 sdhc card arrived this morning (order placed on 17-1-09)took a bit to find the right software but once i did the card works perfect and as it only took 2 weeks i'm very happy with the service.But like i said if i had been told to expect a 2 to 3 week wait and had got replies to my emails i would have no reason to worry like i did.
    I hope you all get your orders soon ...........lee

14. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

Hi well i got 10 x r4sdhc boxes with 10 x r4 v2 inside them this morning,, so im still not too happy as only got 4gb cards and they aint gonna work with them add to this the r4 v2 cheaper and had i wanted them would have bought them and they not answering phone will retry on monday........but every one of my 10 are r4 v2 inside the r4sdhc boxes you reading this mike? your idea of giving it tight back? dick still more hassle to go.............fed up and hacked off now

15. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

After reading above i tries the r4sdhc kernel on it and worked and they run fine, but build quality some of the worse ive seen gionna cut my losses and never deal with , klickstore, model gadget pc consoles or any other name he hides under, guy total belter and reckon he takes money up front then orders in using our money....cant recomend these guys full stop.......service terrible...lies and deceit...and now terribkle quality product

16. MPatto

MPatto Member

I'd do a search on google mate, I think you will find some answers to the build quality, I have read stories all over the web on different forums regaurding the R4 card, I'm sure I read on a Afterdawn newsletter that Nintendo and 50 software developers were suing the R4 markers and they cut and ran and all the R4's are all fake, but they can still work and be fake.

17. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

hi pal yes knew r4 stop making as such and r4sdhc were fake but the had good quality build and superb back up kernel now on 1.25, but these are skenk mate trust me had tons of genuine and fake, thing with the r4sdhc was they were never made by r4 so in essence they were not fake but these give true meaning to fake, thin britle bits look ready to snap and ill fitting casing to it ,, they work 100% just not robust like better fakes on go........these are the so called r4 v3 that are doing rounds and run on r4sdhc kernel because there fakes of fakes lol lol

18. TheLaw

TheLaw Member

If people are looking to buy elsewhere, I bought my first card from clever base. Now, they too are somewhat dodgy - look on-line and you will find some good stories about them. However, I bought a single r4 shdc card from them, ordered it on a Sunday, and it arrived 6 days later on the Saturday, works fine, came with card, 4gb super micro card, cd rom with kernels on etc., though out of date, super micro usb adapter, full packaging, everything really, cost £25 including recorded delivery and 4gb card. I rang them a few times during week to see what was going on, as I say they seem dodgy, but it did turn up, and is a genuine shdc card. A better experience than model gadget for sure.
    TL.

Oh, btw, dd - perhaps you could use a bit more English in your posts ;-)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  19. MPatto

MPatto Member

Hi mate, God they must be desperate to make a fake of a fake lol, I personally have only had M3DS Simply and now DSTT I find the user interface side of the TT really good and the softreset function far better, alot of people keep saying they are fakes but unless you go to the factory that makes them and pick them off the assembly line yourself you could be buying anything, as for the Modelgadget.com saga they will be getting some s>>> from me soon, started the ball rolling with Credit card and Consumer Direct

20. tidytrev

tidytrev Member

hi guys, i wish i had seen this thread before i bought from klick store!
    i ordered on 26th jan and had a confirmation and was told my item was dispatched 27th by royal mail 1st class recorded (2-3 days)
    iv yet to recieve anything and no reply to email and none of the phone numbers posted here work :C
    has anyone recieved there stuff from them recently?