1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ibz888

ibz888 Member

Hi - goodness, I really wish I had read all these threads before I brought from model gadget.

I am still waiting for my order. I ordered on the 27th Jan - like the rest of you - special delv (which should be received within a few days really).

I looked into my acct and it says - order dispatched - 28th Jan.

I have tried to call, e-mail and sent 'ticket's' and like most of you guys say - it's a waste of time.

I am going to report them to the office of fair trading and I think Mr Chariduin (however you spell his name) should never be allowed to trade again.

If anyone did get through to them on a number or know's of a better site for me to buy a M3DS card, I would really appreciate it.

A Very frustrated Newbie

2. junkd

junkd Member

I feel the same way and hope I can make a similar post tomorrow (about recieving them) as according to my latest e-mail my items were dispatched yesterday (and ordered back on the 25th January).

Will just be glad to see them arrive and simply will not be using model-gadget again in the future.

3. ibz888

ibz888 Member

I know - what amazes me is how these people still get away with what they are doing!

If, they have been sending out the goods but 3-4 weeks later - why don't they just return your e-mails in the first place to explain - at least people would back off and trust them a little more.

I am going to leave it a couple more days - at it seems that some people are getting their goods but just a few weeks later.

Has anyone out there never received goods at all from them?

4. mb910799

mb910799 Member

Order No 58608 (R4DS card and 1Gb card) ordered from model gadget on 25th January 2009. Tracking it on the website states it was dispatched on the 26th.

Is there anyone from Model Gadget or one of its partner shops that can tell me the status of this order.

5. Dippyli

Dippyli Member

Ordered from Model Gadget on

19th January and was emailed to say that the order had been dispatched I am still waiting.!!!!!!!!!!

Have sent 2 emails and a ticket but no reply to either so complete waste of my time!!

I am not as dippy as the name and had ordered from model gadget in the past and received a great service.
    But something has gone wrong and communication is nil!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered 2 x R4DS and 1 x R4SDHC cards for my daughters birthdays (1 of which has now past and how do u explain to an 8 year old that they have been ripped off???)

My order number is 57218

Model Gadget, Klickstore whatever your names are if my order isn't received by the 13th of Febuary then I have no option but to send a report to trading standards as this is not acceptable.

Also I don't need the usb adapters so if this is why my order is delayed then please forward the cards and send the adapters at a later date!!!

I look forward to hearing from you (if that ever happens)

6. johnlp

johnlp Member

I have just this minuite cam of the phone to "Will" he advises me that due to the number of orders received and a late delivery from their supplier that the R4DS cartridges didnt arrive as specified.

I have been informed i will received my order by Wednesday of this week. (will update you if this happens)

as soon as i advised i was chasing a delivery Will was very apologetic for me not receiving my order and that they have not responded to any on my emails.

He also advised that the boss Mr Chan Chairuddin was out of the country and he has only been asked (by a family member) to fill in and sort these problems.

I dont know if its more lies but i will give him more time and see what happens.

If you wish an update dont email them call them on 0208 8732310

7. tommo1404

tommo1404 Member

I too received a call yesterday from Klickstore apologising whole heartedly about the delay and they advised that my order placed on the 26th Jan would be dispatched on Monday and with me by Wednesday !!

we will wait and see.

8. Dippyli

Dippyli Member

I too have managed to get through by phone,

I have been promised that my order will be sent tomorrow and that I will receive a tracking number via email

as I stated in my previous message they have til friday for my order to be received then Trading standards will be informed.

Was told the reason they didn't reply to my emails was because "they didn't want to harass me"
    Bit silly really a somple email with some honest information would have saved them a lot of hassle.

9. klickstor

klickstor Guest

Dear johnlp and all others,

We are doing what we can to pack and send out all outstanding orders.
    We were working whole day yesterday.
    I went to bed at 4:45am (dealing with outstanding refunds).
    And we are working today - Sunday.

I do apologize for all delays with your orders and delays with
    your enquiries.

And it is true that I was asked to help due to company holidays and business trip of the boss.

I started on Monday morning 03/02/2009 and will finish today 07/02/2009 about 4-5 pm.
    I cannot come next week, but all members of staff trying their best to deal with your orders.
    Your items should be with you in a few days.

It was very busy week for me, but I am quite pleased with progress we made and it was a pleasure to deal with you on the phone...

Please, give this company a second change and I believe all current problems will be resolved in a short time.

Kind regards,

Will

10. ibz888

ibz888 Member

Hi All

Took your advice and called them on the number listed here. Spoke to Will who was very apologetic. They seem to have little or no stock.

I asked why they have not been returning my e-mails and also mentioned a lot of unhappy people on here. He said that they can't. MMMmmm, (me thinks).

I wanted the M3DS rumble pack but due to lack of stock, have changed it to a R4 V2 Card with a refund. I have rec an email from worldpay for that already and an email from them with the updated order.

He seems to be there all day today, so if I were any of you that have concerns, I would call. He said that he has already put a thread on here explaining why - but I did not know that he was also working for Klickstore (i think - apologies if it's spelt wrong)

Good luck and I will keep you posted!

11. klickstor

klickstor Guest

Dear Dippyli,

We have not replied lots of emails - because we were simply not able to do that...

12. ibz888

ibz888 Member

Hi,

This might sound strange but I have a good friend who is a guru - seriously. He has always said "Communication is the key to success"

Just wish he could tell me if I am really going to get my order!

13. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

been doing a bit digging myself and speaking to guy i know who orders these in bulk same way as clickstore ect and believe i have the real truth of the matter as follows.
    it was chinese new year and all the factorys closed for 2 weeks, some have not went back yet and some due to economic stuff have not had oppertunity but they are all expected back at work by the 15th, but they themselfs have massive backlog to clear off so case of punter waiting on supplier waiting on his supplier waiting on factory so cant see things getting better service ways in meantime.
    for me its not the waiting its the lies will, why not say this above you must have known this real case? people are happy to wait and not moan if they know the truth you making it hard for yourselfs.

14. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

It's funny if you go back in this thread to same time 1 year ago you will see the EXACT same excused - boss out of country, Chinese new year, supplier didn't deliver yada yada yada.

What a poor way to run a business - if what they are saying is true they have the same issues come out all the time but they have yet to figure out how to solve.

If this business is still around Xmas & Chinese New Year time I can almost guarantee we will see the same things happen.

15. klickstor

klickstor Guest

Dear DOUBLE_DD and people of this forum,

Thanks for this input and it might be the case for delays.

Everything what I wrote here for last 6 days, were information: best to my knowledge and my understanding.
    I was honest to you.

Unfortunately, this company has a "history" dated back to end of 2007 and that is why it’s logical that peoples’ feelings are negative.

But I can explain how and why this thread started at the end of 2007.
    I use to work here in year 2007 (I left at the end of year 2007...)

This company used to be a run by family, husband and wife ... started slowly and growing slowly...then business was improving rapidly - there was no problem with that.
    Mike - Mr. Chan, he is a very good businessman and clever man.
    (About his name [some of you made jokes of that - How many names he got?]: Are you in touch with 'Chinese' people? So many of them have their 'original' names which are hard to pronounce..., but they were given an 'English name'. He is called: Mike. I know more cases like this. I was calling him Mike before he started this business)

Back to the story:
    Business was grooving...but one day everything changed!!!
    Real life problems appeared by the end of 2007. How many of you have personal problem? Marriage problems? How many of you have divorced or know somebody who went through that...?
    And it is harder when children are involved...
    You might find yourself thinking about stupid things...
    I believe that some of you know what I am talking about.

By the end of 2007 - he did not care about his business - for some time. Not that he is irresponsible man, but because of these life circumstances. I know, you might say - he should do this or done that...but it is hard to give advices, I think.

proff999 wrote yesterday:
    "I wouldn't trust this crook to tell me the time. Mr. Chan/Mike or Will or indeed I believe you were Moon for a while when you changed sex, If you want to make some honest money you could always put together a book of excuses because you seem to know every single one. "

For your reference proff999:
    Moon is a real person and a woman - sorry to disappoint you :(

Back to the story:
    I really did not know what might happen with Mike, Moon and business.
    I thought that business will die...
    But I was wrong!
    Mike brought himself up and responsibly sorted out his personal problems!
    He came back to his business.

Present time:
    I am not 100% sure what went wrong this time.
    What I know: he is a busy man and cannot control everything by himself. That is why he hired more staff and a manager.
    Unfortunately for him: his manager quit when he was away (he is away a lot!). And that is costing him a lot of trouble, now.

Personally, I can see huge improvement in his business compare to the year 2007.
    (I know, you might not think like that at the moment...)
    Some mistakes were made in the past and some things should be done different way - but we cannot change past.
    But we can change the way we look at the past:
    What happened in December 2007 with model-gadget and first 40 pages on this thread was a huge personal problem which has affected this business a lot. Customers were also affected and they were right to feel disappointed/disgusted. It was not done deliberately - it just happened.
    Lot of outstanding orders, not able to deal with lot of enquiries...you know what I am talking about.
    But Mike and Moon have not disappeared that time (like so many people/companies would do) - it would be an easier option!

That's the story behind this thread in year 2007.

Anyway, I believe that all orders will be shipped out or all money will be refunded. This company will not steel your money!

Everything will be sorted it, but everything cannot be done at this minute.
    Please, give this company a few more days and you will receive your orders or your money.

Few changes have to be done here in order to improve: ticketing system – emails, way to contact this company, way how to reply to customer enquiries…if something going wrong: importance of dealing with problem straight away and inform customers.

I would like to thanks a lot to afterdawn.com for giving me a change to be in a touch with customers on this website and thanks to you, I was able to solve a lot of customers’ enquiries.

Kind regards and bye,

Will

16. bk1

bk1 Member

I managed to get through on 02088732310 @ 16.33. Guy on the phone had my order details and said goods are now in stock would be sent out Monday and received by Wednesday.
    Initial order placed on 26th January.

17. johnlp

johnlp Member

UPDATE

Since my call with Will this afternoon and my post on this forum i have received an email with a royal mail tracking number.

I await my delivery and hope others will receive their goods also.

Please give Will or the other staff a call and a chance to resolve the issues.

18. phaseone

phaseone Member

weird. I just get all of this? This is a buisness. One of the top sponsored links when you type r4ds in google. How many seconds would it take to send out an email to outstanding customers stating "we apologise for any inconvinience but we are currently undergoing supply problems and expect stock to come in within the next 2 weeks, anyone wanting a refund please......" Also the website states items are "in stock" and ready for next day delivery. Please take this off your website if they are not. It is false advertising. You have many peoples back up and bad things written around the internet about this company. You problem now is more often than not things written on the internet stay on the internet and you cant delete them as the company. So the bad write ups are quite permanent. You have handled whatever situation has arisen (even though it sounds as though its not your fault-if it is at all true) very badly and put the companys reputation in jepardy-as if it isnt already. Whether Mr Chan is interested in the company or not at the moment someone out there is reaping the financial benefits from the sales and this person should take charge and personally take account of the company. Most of us would have been disappointed if you had sent us an email stating our orders were going to be late... but by not even doing this you have made your customers irate to say the least.

19. MPatto

MPatto Member

Well Will, Thankyou for finally stepping forward and talking the flack and hopefully telling the truth about the situation, that could have saved this company alot of bad press which is now going to be listed on every search engine for evermore, also thankyou for the phone call on saturday, dont you be going anywhere till i have had my refund.

20. etrader02

etrader02 Member

I ordered an R4 card with 4gb micro sd from Klickstore on the 12th Jan 09 (order number 24166) i have received nothing from them and have had no reply to my emails.

for now i will assume i have been robbed, however if my order ever does turn up i will post here again to let everyone know, would be nice if others could do the same.