1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@doggman
    No free advertising at aD so post edited.

BTW even though aD isn't a customer support site for other companies we allow this thread to remain open since it seems this is the only way people get their goods from them. That and as a warning.

2. surfer72

surfer72 Member

Just a heads up on my order.
    After reading all these threads it seemed that the best way to get any results was to call the number listed in the past thread.
    I phoned today and was told that my tickets I submitted over the past month may not have been answered as they are so busy!
    Anyway I was told that my replacement R4SDHC will be in the post tomorrow. I will wait and see if it arrives this week.
    I will let you all know if it arrives.

In the meantime I got an R4III SDHC from www.smartbuyeruk.com. Arrived within a couple of days and when I couldn't get it to work they replied to my e-mail within 10 minutes, YES just 10 minutes! loaded my R4 and not had any problems since.
    I will say that if you do order the R4III upgrade don't drag and drop your folders, firmware and kernels onto your tf card as it won't load from your DS. Highlight all the files you want to copy, right click, copy then paste onto your tf card. I also found that I had to copy the R4 software folder(MoonShell.nds etc) onto the tf card then copy and paste the sub folders onto the main part of your tf.

3. stevevjai

stevevjai Member

guys if you want model gadget phone number i got it ^^

its 02088732310

4. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

hi surfer72 the reason this happens is because memory card is fake nothing to do with cart, seen this few times and tried genuine memory card drag and drop woked fine issue is with fake memory card you will find with the 4gb and larger if you get more than 99 games the also take till next julember to load or not at all
    kk

5. LondonGam

LondonGam Member

I've since had another two friends, one who got his card after a week from model-gadget but another who got a broken card and didn't get any support - luckily I had another friend who I referred to NDS-Gear.com before model-gadget could cheat them of any more money :/

If you have an address and phone number for them, you can report them to Trading Standards and perhaps write to ask if they're evading tax or something like that. Considering they're "uncontactable" they must surely be doing something really, really dodgy!!!

6. surfer72

surfer72 Member

Hi Double DD my 4G tf card says its a Kingston brand not sure if its a fake, but got it to work.

Update on Klickstore...... R4 replacement came today and it works. Needless to say guys, if you are struggling to get a response via their ticket system and e-mail, call them and don't let them fob you off with excuses. I managed to get a 1G tf card out of them too, yes I know its not worth a lot of money but better me havin that as a way of getting some recorded delivery postage back (from sending the faulty R4 back) than nothing at all :eek:)
    Don't think I will order from Klickstore again tho as they can't keep up with demand and really struggle with customer service, its a shame but not worth the stress and loss of money.

7. sgardiner

sgardiner Member

Come on Model Gadget - You've fleeced me as well. Sort this out please. Asking nicely here!

Transaction for the value of: GBP 117.05
    Description: Purchase from www.model-gadget.com
    Authorisation Date/Time: 14/Jan/2009 09:24:59
    WorldPay's transaction ID: 1590586541

8. stevevjai

stevevjai Member

model gadget phoned me with this number 02088732310 100% working..hopefully u guys can sort out ur problems.

9. CK123

CK123 Member

I purchased an R4 in January this year, having previously purchased another 2 without any problem the previous year.

There was a fault on this R4 and I have tried constantly to obtain a refund since early February - still no joy!!!! Also trying to recover cost of return postage so looking at just over £30.00!

Keep promising to send my refund but this has never arrived. Have posted emails on their site at least a dozen times and have just had one response saying there was a problem with stock ordering and the refund would be sorted shortly.......still waiting!

NEW AT THIS - GOT A REPLY SAYING I'D POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG PLACE SO HOPEFULLY IT'S CORRECT THIS TIME.

10. surfer72

surfer72 Member

Hi CK123

You would be better to call them on the number listed on this thread. I rang about 2pm and they answered pretty quick. Have your original order number from your e-mail saying your R4 has been dispatched when you call and don't take no for an answer, if its getting too difficult to get your refund then get them to send you a replacement within three days of your phone call. Might be the only way to get something back.
    See my comments on your rights as the consumer and where you stand on postage recovery or just ask for something in way of compensation like I did and get a memory card, I know it doesn't make up for poor service and the sheer annoyance of the lack of response but it is better than nothing.
    Hope you get some results.

11. peanut66

peanut66 Member

Nice bit of info i will try it tommrow but im not holding my breth as i placed my order on the 25/11/08 and just incase anyone from klick store or model gadget is reading this sort it out my O/N is #7060 and my name is Ben Curtis hears hopeing

12. CK123

CK123 Member

Hi

Just to let you all know I spoke to Model Gadget on the number given.

He eventually rang me back and I got an email confirmation that the monies had gone back into my account within 10 minutes of that conversation - money not in there yet but I am confident!

However disputing my return postage costs and won't pay them so I am £6.40 down.

Would never use the site again.

Thanks for your help

13. sgardiner

sgardiner Member

14. debirymer

debirymer Member

Hi,

I have been reading all your problems with Model-Gadget.com and I have the same one, as I placed an order on 27th Jan and my account was debited immediately.

I am still awaiting my order and have sent countless e-mails through their site. The only replies I have had state that they are closing my file as I have not responded!

Does anyone have a phone contact for them or any advice!

My transaction details are below.

Hope someone can help as I ordered this for some one else - trying to be helpful!

Thanks!

Transaction for the value of: GBP 30.48
    Description: Purchase from www.model-gadget.com

Authorisation Date/Time: 27/Jan/2009 20:30:10

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

This is (unfortunately) quite a common question in this thread, but i can't for the life of me see why. Their phone number is a few posts up on this very page, plus is posted at least once on more of the previous pages than i can remember.

..I'd politely request that some of you newcomers take the time to read at least the current page of replies before posting. You're quite welcome to post, but it's common sense to read previous information, if nothing else it helps those of you that need the help, to find help quicker as it's all already been answered to death. There's pages upon pages of advice here, we just ask that you at least try to help yourselves by reading it...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  16. debirymer

debirymer Member

Hi
    Thanks for advice as I have not used this forum before.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear - being a newcomer. I have of course read up through the last few postings and have tried ringing the phone number offered today but they cut me off each time.

I should have perhaps asked for any new contact details that anyone might have.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

A-ha, i see. Maybe the little blighters are playing hard to get then, in which case this thread will no doubt be busy again then soon; i wonder what excuses we will be treated no next, we've had alleged postal delays due to snow etc etc, but now the weather's picked up we shall see what transpires..

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Is there another holiday coming up? That or maybe a strike will be next :)

FYI to all - in reality Model Gadget/Klickstore or whatever name they are doing business can not charge you card (debit/credit makes no diff) until services/goods are actually rendered if they are accepted MasterCard, Visa and I'm would think AMEX & Discover. They can authorize you card to make sure funds are available but that's about it until the goods are shipped/services rendered which most reputable places adhere to.

19. CK123

CK123 Member

I am pleased to report that my refund has gone into my bank account today!

20. ChrisJnz

ChrisJnz Member

Hey everyone i bought an r4 from kick store it took 3 months to come, lol. So i found a new site www.GameTechUK.co.uk. Bought 5 from there and they were all sdhc and worked fine, only £19.99. YAY.