1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T be conned into BUYing from Model-gadget/KlickStore.com; EMAILs and/or FOUL LANGUAGE = BAN

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GodzD, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Budvegas

Budvegas Member

Hi all

Trying to call them on 0208 873 2310 and either rings until it rings off or it is engaged.

Has anyone got any other contact details

Ref Number: 60998 ordered on 26 February

If you are ready this model-gadget please can I have an update.

2. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

only 19.99 thats actualy quite expensive rip off for card top dollae should be 14.50 all in on them but think prices will rise sharply as customs continue to seize cards across board,
    friend of mine i been getting sorted has had 3 lots of 100 seized in last 2 weeks, showed me letters with the big red stamps of seizure,,,says its making it more expensive to get any so it may be dying buisness and we are all waiting eagerly on piratebay trial outcome,,,

it may be start of the end for torrents and ultimatley these cards as not many people can get games otherwise which will make these redundant and klickstore just an afterdawn memory in the anals of postings of time gone buy ;)

3. squire101

squire101 Member

ordered from klickstore 22/12/08 R4DS, sent numerous emails, tried every number on this forum to no avail.Not seen klickstor add anything for a while, so if will/mike still viewing my order no is #18621 supposedly dispatched same day, received one email begining of jan ( out of stock )still got nothing no item, no refund.come on klickstore the r4ds was only £12.95 where's the problem

4. Budvegas

Budvegas Member

Hi all

Just seen this on the model gadget website:

6th March 2009

We announce cease trading on all type of multimedia card includes R4DS, M3 and DSTT.

All outstanding orders which made prior to this notice and have not received the items from us will receive a full refund within 7 working days commencing from the date of this notice. We apologies for all inconviniences.

5. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

same as my mate customs hammering everybody now its seriously hard to aquire these cards now and there being seized comming in and already in country there totaly illeagle with or without firmware on them and big push on since around october on these and all mod chips sad days add to that the pirate bay trial looks like fat cats wallets will start to bulge again. :(

6. Toti311

Toti311 Member

So,
    Will wrote me before 3 weeks that I will get response from his chef as fast as possible. The end of all is that i got no response till today. Try to phone them....no one there??? or do they know why people are calling them? lol
    But I won`t give up to get my money or my order back.

7. ChrisJnz

ChrisJnz Member

Hey guys i just bought a R4 sdhc from www.gametechUK.co.uk for £44.99.
    I know its not really cheap, but its a company in the uk, next day delivery is free and it came with the 4gb sandisc sd card plus the right software already installed to play the games.

It came next day and worked. so im happy.

chris

8. ewitcombe

ewitcombe Member

what a joke! i ordered from www.model-gadget.com then the next day there site says

i cant see me getting a refund within 7 working days. there quick enough to take your money but not give it back

9. tan76

tan76 Member

I also ordered rfrom www.gameteckuk.com and got my sdhc card within 24 hours and IT WORKS! will order from these guys again.

10. tan76

tan76 Member

Sorry meant www.gametechUK.co.uk half asleep this morn.

11. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

How many times have 2 newbies came away with same story twice on here about same website and smiling about them at price that is total blatant rip off lol mate you wanna promote your site? heres few tips lol
    1. dont pretent to be 2 differing people and try to say good stuff about yourself as lets face it any body would say yeah bought got but total rip off on price, not even based in reality lol they made of gold?
    2. sell at real price and they fly in the 1000s mate but under hand dodgy practise thats as stinking as your patter will put people off as what else you dodge about or again maybe im just getting suspicious in my old age?

12. DOUBLE_DD

DOUBLE_DD Member

just toi add the website you mention only started on 27 of feb thats 11 days ago reg still being processed what search engine you find this site on? lol belter mate at least keep it tight.

it takes wee while for new sites to start getting submitted and basical you got nowt first 30 days and site still not up yet and even cached page shows no content so listen up id stay well away from dodgy game-tech.co.uk as very under hand saying you bought from them when you are them but in case he gets wide and is dodgy all reg details logged.....as he just changed saying he non trading individual so you can get his details so mr Ian Johnson i kept that adress in wales in case trouble arise on here and help needed have nice day

13. Worthing

Worthing Member

I have taken Double DD's advice and ordered from PCJerry. Ordered last night and received despatch email this am - will let you all know the outcome.

Cheers for the tip Double DD.

14. cazzabee

cazzabee Member

Is this the place in Dundee you mentioned a while back?? Just been on that website nad noticed there aint any on that site either now. I was looking to possibly purchase from there

Looks like klikstore is on the way out though...only 1 type of memory card showing on their site as the only product they are selling

15. ewitcombe

ewitcombe Member

model-gadget.com is down, ???
    i think we should kiss our money goodbye

16. Ggirl

Ggirl Guest

they cant take our money can they? surely if they have not provided the product they cant just steal our money?? please dont say that i have spent money that i cant afford to loose there. and its ok people saying noobs this that and the other but when you search for these things and they come up and seem reasonably priced you dont feel like your being conned. people just dont know where to look. and its not that i havent bothered looking i had...everywhere...

17. surfer72

surfer72 Member

Ggirl re losing your money.
    Check my thread a few pages back regarding replacements or refund, under the trade of goods act they have to refund your money. Wait the 7 days that model gadget have given for a full refund, if you don't get your money back you have a couple of options.

1) give them a ring, looking at the threads tho it seems like they aren't answering the phone.

2) write a letter stating when you ordered your R4 and when the payment was taken. Quote your order number or ref number. Tell them that they have 7 days to reply or you will take the matter further.
    Write at the top of your letter under your address in the centre of the page COPIED LETTER, this lets them know that the letter has also been sent to a third party (even tho you haven't sent it yet)
    This is the first stage that Trading Standards and Consumer Direct will advise you to do. Always keep photocopies of any correspondence.

3) get in touch with Trading Standards or Consumer Direct, explain you have sent a copied letter to model gadget requesting their action within 7 days and they should be able to help from there.

I managed to order 10 sets of R4III Upgrades from china, they arrived very quickly and were very cheap, if you want to order from china make sure they send them via EMS its cheaper and customs don't always stop them. Get the company to write GIFT on the customs declaration. If you don't want to chance it from china I also managed to buy one from smartbuyer - www.smartbuyeruk.com
    They are offering the R4 DS SDHC Revolution + 4GB Memory Card for £21.99
    They were very helpfull and replied to my e-mail within 10 minutes when I had a problem with the firmware.

Hope this helps

18. Ggirl

Ggirl Guest

thanks for your reply its been very helpful.

19. cris77

cris77 Member

20. Worthing

Worthing Member

Just to let you all know that I received my order from PCJerry (as recommended by Double DD, so thanks to him) this morning.

They are only standard R4's but 3 for £40 - including postage - was a good deal in my opinion.

He does also sell a variety of other chips for DS.

(I don't really get the obsession with larger and larger memory cards in these things - you can only play one game at a time)