1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dont have full screen

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by donzo112, Sep 2, 2007.

1. donzo112

donzo112 Member

Hi guys

I am the proud owner of a starview the box and after some teething problems and the help of this super forum almost everything is great. the only problem is that on some channels the picture does not fill the whole screen. If I adjust the format the good channels go out. Has anyone seen this problem before? all help will be greatly appreciated.Another problem is that if i move starview 2 upstairs(reception is not as good) I lose some of the channels (Mostly the terrestrials). This also happens with the Ntl pace box. Any suggestions.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

The box, starview and eurovox do not have true widescreen function. Shame I know. Your other issue can be fixed by using a booster and replacing your cable with a good quality CT100 and use proper RF twist on connectors.

3. donzo112

donzo112 Member

But I dont understand why it is only some channels that dont fill the screen.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

In order to test your widescreen tv on 16:9 is to set the Eurovox on fullscreen put it on bbc news24 which is correctly broadcast in 16:9 and this particular channel transmits the correct pids picked up by the box and sent to the tv which displays the full widescreen image.

Many programs on cable are still transmitted as 4:3 or 14:9 not 16:9 and so if you are using a widescreen tv that is set for 16:9 the picture will not fill the screen. If you switch the Eurovox to fullscreen the picture will then fill the widescreen tv but the image is sampled to fill the screen but is compressed and flattened. This is an incorrect setting and there wont be a fix for that apart from understanding that it is not meant to fill the screen unless the program is broadcast in 16:9. What is shown on your tv, is the settings on the tv adjusting for the Eurovox's failings.