1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont let me waste my money, I just installed and xchip, pls help...plsssssss.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Quiksilvr, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Quiksilvr

Quiksilvr Member

I intalled it, I have the x-control on my computer for bios managing.

How do i put bios and dashboards on my chip. I was looking up evox, I put it on a iso file, the xbox could not read the disc though.

Could someone help step by step, it would be greatly appreciated, i just dont want this chip to be a waste of money

2. Quiksilvr

Quiksilvr Member

bump, please help

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

do you have an iso of evox or an xiso?cuz if u just have a normal iso then u need to download xiso and use that to make the image.then burn that and it should boot in your xbox.i dont think u should be using evox if you have an xchip tho.i dont know anything about xchip

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

xchip comes with a USB connector. you need to connect your xchip to this usb connector and then from the usb connector to your pc's usb port. You need a regular A-B type USB cable to connec from the USB connector to the USB port of your PC. Once connected, you can run the X-control software on your PC and flash BIOSes into the xchip in your xbox. once the xchip is flashed with the BIOS, you can boot from the xchip and use evox installer disc to install evox into your xbox.

5. Quiksilvr

Quiksilvr Member

i know i can do all that, but the question is how to flash bios. I downloaded evox and such, but when i go to pick the bios, it isn't selectable. It has the cromwell bio on ther, but it just boots to the normal xbox screen. I see this alot in other posts, but no one knows how to fix it so far. can you guys help?

6. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

xbit is not flashable by evox.

7. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

you need to have a bios like x2 4983 on your computer.
    you need to connect the usb and bring up the x control.
    make sure you know what size the bios file is! (256k)
    then flash to a bank where that bios will fit.
    I know you can select to press a button like the 'Y' button during boot up and it will boot the bios.