1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOOM 3 - INFO and HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sonicbuzz, Apr 1, 2005.

1. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

1. April 2005 @ 09:39
    Doom 3 is a classic 1st person shooter. One word summery: “ INTENSE”.

The controls are simple, The monsters (Creatures created when an experiment on mars goes bad) are UGLY, the game play is addicting, and the graphics and sound effects are right up there with the best of them. This game is a little gory but not as bad as Blood Rayne and there is an “artistic” aspect of the gore.

I like the way the quick save works. An easy “back button” press and accept with “A” and in about 3 seconds your back in the action. Use this to your advantage and use it frequently. Just don’t forget you have a “real” game save under the “start button” options that you can use (just in case you mess up and do a quick save instead of a load game like I did).

There are no map or direction indicators to guide you but they do a pretty good job with the use of locked doors (indicated with a red light) and unlocked doors (green). You also have to get data from PDA’s to gain access at certain times, but they are easy to find. You do have to keep track of where you have been, because you can get turned around.

Stereo and surround sound effects are good. If you have a good sound setup, you can hear sounds behind you or to the right and left as you turn away. It’s really cool when someone is talking to you. Very realistic. The other realistic effect is the flashlight. It comes in real handy to look in dark corners (and there are a lot of them) and it’s easy to access. The circle pattern, the circular rings and the small darker area in the center you see when you use a real flashlight are all there.

After about 5 hrs of game play, I feel like I am just getting started and I’m HOOKED.

Yea, a 3rd person view might be cool, but that is not what this game is about. Like I said before, DOOM3 is a classic 1st person shooter.

RUBUZZED?

2. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

HOW DO I OPEN THE SUPPLY CABINETS?

There are a "bunch" of supply cabinets that have security codes needed to get in them. I can not find the codes.

Does anyone know what they are or how to find them?

3. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

HOW DO I BIND NEW WEAPONS TO BUTTONS?

Does anyone know how to bind the new weapons you find to the direction arrow pad?

4. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

OH!

Keep in mind when you are playing DOOM3:

ALWAYS keep your weapons loaded. Like any 1st or 3rd person shooter, it really sucks to step around the corner to find 3 monsters and only 1 bullet in the clip.

5. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

Ok, I found that I have to read the emails for the codes. Yet there are a couple that have eluded me.
    The Binding of the weapons to the D-Pad is in setup.
    The thing that I have missed is the Rocket Launcher.
    I have found a lot of rockets but I dont have the launcher. Oh, well....

DOOOOMMMMMMMM OOONNNnnnnnn

6. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

Game update

After many hrs of game play and you just start to think, “Where is this going?” “Is something going to happen?” it happens BIG time. Delta area 4 brings two new monsters and the reward is a trip to hell. Then just when I thought DOOM3 was going to end too soon (like Halo2), surprise, there is more to come after hell2.

Does anyone know how much more there is?