1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOS Screen captures made easy...

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Morph416, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

I am not sure if you already have this information, but I ran across it today with a wild thought....and tested it to make sure it worked.

With two computers, you can capture DOS screens, DOS boot up avi's....error messages and what not.

Comp 1 S-video, or Composite Video out...(non VIVO/VIVO card)

Comp 2 S-video, or Composite Video in.... ( I tested the S-video in using VIVO connector on a VIVO card)

Use either Ulead, or Blaze Media, or another video in software program. Plug in the output of Comp1 to input of Comp2...launch the software program on Comp2. Set for S-Video or whatever input.

You should get the screen of Comp 1 in the software program of Comp 2. This works perfectly if you want to capture any DOS screens, etc. Using your favorite AVI/MPEG editor, you can get perfect screen captures.

Once you boot into Windows on the first comp, you may lose the signal if Comp 1's video output is not selected for dual screens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.