1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dot halo

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by tgun790, Jul 11, 2005.

1. chasecb

chasecb Member

Im still trying to figure out how to use it. every time i mess with projectiles i get you failed to load map. if any body knows how to use it please do everybody a favor and explaine how to use it

2. xxboxxx

xxboxxx Member

if oyu want to do jump hieght you need to go to the bipd tag and click jump hieght and change it 500 or up (500 and up is the only way other people can jump high) then go on to phsics models annd hcnage the bipd you just channged jump hieght to whieght = 0 then resign and your cool ask me for any other dot halo problems.

3. h59

h59 Guest

Try a map re-signer.

4. xxboxxx

xxboxxx Member

yeh guys you need to resign them ap with CMR look it up on http://www.halomaps.com then just open your map and click sign map.

5. h59

h59 Guest

you need to resign them

6. xxboxxx

xxboxxx Member

i just said that

7. h59

h59 Guest

You need to re-sign them.
    Lol. I didn't mean to double post. I didn't even see your post. We are smart, lol. Duhshizzle?!...

8. cobisan

cobisan Guest

Hey guys, i went to www.halomaps.com to get dot halo but it says it doesn't exist.... Can anyone tell me another way to get it??
    Thanks.

9. sean1532

sean1532 Member

um on my site i have dothalo and all of the other programs the site is my sig ok check it out

10. infiden

infiden Guest

wow... so ok. ill give a few tuts (for newbies new to modding w/ dot halo) change projectiles: yes u can use the meta copy n paste, but its easier to go to the WEAP tag go to the DEPENDENCIES window loook for the tag that says PROJ... click it, click the scroll bar and choose any projectile or whatever u want the wep to shoot out (u can pretty much shoot out anything uwant weaps, bipds etc.) for the person that was talking about "balance" no u dont have to counter w/ something when u change jump height etc. full auto for weps like the br: open h2x, scroll to weap tag, choose wep u want fulla uto, click meta editor on the side, now look through all the tabs at the top (i forgot which are in which) look for TRIGGER ID, change it to 0 (0=full auto), look for muzzle climb and change it to zero, now look for trigger delay and change it to zero. now that uve done that look for to things that say ROF(rate of fire) change it to anyting u want (keep under 150 or u get very lagy). fix the encription, resign map and ftp to ur xbox u should have changes projs and full auto. AUTO AIM: w/ dothalo (make sure u have the right plugins) go to the weap tag, click the weapon u want auto aim for, go to the tag editor, now look for aquire target distance, deviatino angle etc.. (there should b 5 boxes having to do w/ that) change them all to 1080, and u should b able to shoot anywhere the length of the map. u have infinite ammo, everyoen else has zero: go to weap tag in dot halo, click wep u want inf ammo and go to the tag editor, look for the CLIP boxes, there should be seven of them, change the first two (deplete and recharge) to 10000, change the rest to 1

11. xxboxxx

xxboxxx Member

if people want to learn dot halo do what azidreign said "experiment!!!" see what happens when you change this and stuff but if youre going to do that you might want to know stuff you can do.

1. weapons can shoot these tags. weap, proj (obvious), bloc, equip, vehi, bipd, mach. i think thats all correct me if im wrong.

2. vehichles. chage their weapon in dependencies(from warthog horn to rocket launcher), change speed and traction, handbrake or boost, camera view, seat type.

3. if you would like some skinning effects go into hlmt go on dependencies and change the shad tag to anything you want. also in hlmt tag editor you can make thing invincible have no health what they look like there collision effects.

there that is some simpls stuff for you to start modding just keep experimenting! sometimes if you do something wrong your xbox will freeze up learn what not to do! because breaking a mod requires work to fix.

12. help14

help14 Guest

could someone please tell me were to get dot halo send me a privat messege please.

13. clutchx

clutchx Member

so let me get this straight
    when your done editing a map
    you resign it with cmr so you
    wont get a " you failed to load map" ?

14. mjipilot

mjipilot Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2006