1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Disc Burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matinzen, Dec 1, 2003.

1. matinzen

matinzen Member

Hello, dvd-rs are single layer and most movies are double, rather than stripping everything out I want to burn the movie to two dvd-rs. How do I do this? Do I burn the movie to one and the rest to the other or is it more complicated than that? Also I have Nero 5, is this good enough to use or sohuld I download the trial version of version 6. Or should I look into a totally different program. Thank you very much for any help!

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

of course it is more complicated than that.
    Why do you want to do it that way anyways--do you think that you will preserve quality that is not seen in compression.

Most movies, even if you do movie only like in shrink will require some compression to fit on a single dvd. You can use shrink in reauthor mode without compression to back up to 2 dvd's. However people that have looked at it have not seen a problem with compression with shrink at about 30% compression with up to 60" screens.

Nero 5 is fine if you have all the updates. (I think to 5.5.10 etc or something like that)

3. matinzen

matinzen Member

Thank you!

4. magnetic

magnetic Regular member

yea, totally agree, don't have 60" but 32 inch and have shrunk with dvdSHRINK to 50% with no visible movie degradation.