1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

double layer dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by guelmi, Apr 19, 2005.

1. guelmi

guelmi Member

Hi, I am new to the site and new to burn dvd ,I have no problem burning dvds but the double layer dvd+r, so I would like to know if I can burn double layer dvd with an HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B firmware A112, if yes how to do it,or if there is some update. Thanks for your help.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

go to dvd decrypter website and read guides there!

it has an easy to use tute for you...

basically remember to use the .MDS file it creates as it holds all the dual layer break info

3. guelmi

guelmi Member

hi I forgot to tell you that I have anydvd,clonedvd2 on my system and when I want to burn on dvd dl +r ,I get this message insert a blank dvd etc... seems that HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B firmware A112. does not read it,how to ix that.Thanks for your help.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

guelmi, I tried to research that drive and got conflicting information on the DL writing. Some places say it can burn DL. At Videohelp.com they have the DL discs crossed off the list. At this point I'm not sure you can use DL blanks or not. That drive doesn't get very good reviews on burning. Type the model in a google search and see what comes up.

Jerry

5. guelmi

guelmi Member

thanks ,guys,
    well now if I can't burn a dvd dl +r with HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4040B firmware A112,how I can burn a dvd+/-r with more than 3hrs and if I can't what would be the best for me(buy???)or what else.thanks again

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

guelmi,
    Most people here 98% are only copying there movies to single layer DVD5 disks. Check out the link in my signature and use the first guide at my website this will show you exactly how to backup your DVD's.. :)

7. guelmi

guelmi Member

ok,thanks using the 1st link I tried to back it up it with anydvd/clonedvd2 and I get this message that I don't have enough space on the blank dvd ,detail: writedvd 14w2??/ what's that.thanks again

8. guelmi

guelmi Member

thanks again guys for your help,thanks to bbmayo I could burn with no problem at all, real easy to do it,thanks again,like french people
    would say ,merci beaucoup??

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Glad to see you got it all figured out! :)

Happy burning!!

10. guelmi

guelmi Member

THANKS guys,especially Rotary, Jerry746 and bbmayo for your help.THANK YOU

11. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi Guelmi,

You have the LG-4040B ?

That drive is a 4x MAX DVD Writer, and NO, it will not support Dual Layer.

You have firmware A112 ?

If it is the LG-4040B, latest firmware is A304, this is why when I saw A112 firmware, I was not sure if you do have the LG-4040B !

12. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

In order for you to burn/rip any DVD+R Double Layer(DL), you must have a Dual Layer DVD Burner/ReWritable at hand. The Sony and Plextor are pretty much capable of doing it. I've got the Sony and have been burning DL lately and loving it due to the fact that it will simply shoot it straight into your burner without reading the files first. This is much faster and plus you'll get the same quality as the original dvd. Hope this help.