1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down loading a service manual

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by floccinaucini, Jun 19, 2012.

1. floccinaucini

floccinaucini Member

Hello,

Laptop - Acer aspire 5250-BZ479

I have to dismantle this laptop for trouble shooting. It is completely dead. I need to download the service manual for this model. Could you please give me a link to a web page where I can down load this (if possible a free down load).

Thank you.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What happened when you tried to find it on the Acer website?

3. floccinaucini

floccinaucini Member

4. floccinaucini

floccinaucini Member

Acer does not provide Service Guide (manual). Only User Guide is available and I already have that.

Thank you.

5. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

6. floccinaucini

floccinaucini Member

Hello JST1946,

Thank you very much for this link, but my problem is : this is my first time with a Laptop. I have no problems with a Desktop.

The disassembly, as you know, is quite different from one laptop to another. Being a novice, I am just being careful here, not wanting to take out the wrong screws, push and pull and lever from the wrong places and get into trouble, by breaking something. I did manage to expose the hard disk and memory, but I get stuck there. I have seen some other service guides, and they have much valuable information too, including trouble shooting instructions that are different for each model. So, I am looking for a little more help.

I am quite confident that I can do this, if I can lay my hands on the service manual, or even disassembly instructions, at least. My knowledge of electronics is quite adequate. I have been dabbling in them for 50 years. My speciality, in fact, is valve (tube) technology. I have a house full of tube equipment going back to the 1930 s'. One of the great things about them is, that you don't even have to disassemble them for trouble shooting. It takes only a minute to take out the cover of the most complex equipment and you are in business, because all the components are immediately exposed and accessible to the probes of you test gear!

Your attempt to help is greatly appreciated. I'll just 'hang around' the forum, to see if anyone else also can come up with something.

Best regards.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012