1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

down loading x-box music files to pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by badmon, Mar 26, 2007.

1. badmon

badmon Guest

check it out its real simple all i want to do is transfer the music files from my x-box to my pc, any ideas.

2. leperkuan

leperkuan Member

FTP into your xbox and look through E\TDATA\fffe0000\music and simply copy them to your pc :)

3. badmon

badmon Guest

ok maybe im an idiot but i have no idea what any of that means

4. leperkuan

leperkuan Member

i assume your xbozx is nto modded, are you talkign about an xbox or an xbox 360

5. badmon

badmon Guest

the original, not sure if its modded it will play burned cds and i think that there used to be a couple of games on the hard drive but i bought it used the only thing on it now is music and there isnt even enough room to save any game files

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ badmon.. There really isn't enough info there for us to work with.
    Either it's modded or it isn't.
    What sort of dashboard does it load up to without a game in.. a normal M$ one? or something completely different.. If different what does it say on it, menus drive sizes, any other numbers at all..
    If different can you take a picture of it?
    If you help us we can help you.. :)

7. badmon

badmon Guest

normal M$ dashboard i dont think that it has been modded afterall, so now what, not tryin to be demanding or anything but im startin to see light at the end of the tunnel if you know what i mean lol

8. leperkuan

leperkuan Member

the only way i know of which i dont know if it is possible is to transfer it to a memory card and transfer to your pc but i dont even know if you can copy the music section to the memory card.

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Normally not.. The mem card doesn't have enough room anyway..

You have a couple of choices.

You can.. Get a cable to connect the audio out from your xbox to line in on your pc, and exploit the analog hole..

or you can hotswap the drive into your pc, risky for just music files which are probably easy to replace. See the stickies in the xbox sectoin, or use search for "hotswap"

10. leperkuan

leperkuan Member

awesome idea, if your pc has audio cable inputs go ahead.
    or u can make a homemade memory card with a gb stick or one song at a time with a stock memory card.. lol is this music that important though??

11. badmon

badmon Guest

well the music is important but my pc is a laptop and now i feel really stupid so can i do it, i mean do i need to mod my x-box'cause im upfor anything

12. badmon

badmon Guest

here's another question will the x-box and the 360 talk to each other when connected cause i have access to a 360 and we could just swap files that way?

13. leperkuan

leperkuan Member

i dont beleive they talk to eachother, or i just havent tried. but you can softmod your xbox which will take some thought and time but there are many fine detailed step by step tutorials that will walk you through this and i think there are a few on here. just look for soft mod xbox

14. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Take some caution.. If the drive is full of music then softmodding will either overwrite the music, or fail in variable and strange ways.

15. leperkuan

leperkuan Member

true how many blocks do you think he should have to free in order to softmod, i know its around 8mb on the memory card but when extracted?