1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded Games From Bittorrent

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by scamino1, Jun 18, 2006.

1. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Actually theres an interesting point about p2p files that maybe some people aren't aware of.. Yes you ARE legally allowed to make a backup of YOUR software..The point being that a downloaded file though containing exactly the same software, by legal definition is a copy of SOMEBODY ELSES..unless of course you uploaded your backups onto a secure server and are retrieving them later ..WITH THE FULL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND PERMISSION OF THE OWNER AND PUBLISHER OF THE COPYRIGHTED WORK..read the box..it's on everything printed, it even includes photocopying the cover. Thats the whole p2p argument, and that's the weapon the MPAA and RIAA are using against the p2p file tracking sites.. I'm sure ireland can provide all the necessary transcripts of legal definitions for anybody who cares to look.
    Anyway..the answer to this thread exists 1000 times over.. There's a thing called a f****** search button.
    In closing.. Scamino1 if you had the original you would have probably said so, something like " I damaged my disk so I downloaded one off bittorrent. It doesn't work..can anybody tell me what to do with it??"
    See...simple, quick and effective... Nothing personal but there are waaaaaayyy too many of these threads already.. Magic words. WinRar..ISO...BURN..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  2. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

the reason i wanted it on hd was because i dont have a dvd burner. but i said screw it and borrowed a friends dvd burner. by the way i figured it all out and thats that. so how do i close this thread anyway?{unless some one wants to keep arguing/typing}

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Actually now it's all calmed down I'll answer your question...

When you unpack the rar's and get the iso you need a program called "ExtractXiso GUI by Huge" Run the iso through that and it'll turn it into the same list of files you get if you ftp off the xbox. Just ftp that folder back to the box into E:\ or F:\ games..and there you go.

I was just arguing with the other idiots..not you.. It was a valid question. I normally just answer them but those other nutters just got me going. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  4. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

if you put an iso file in xbox it wont work, only avtual game folders so yes you will have to restore it to original folders.

5. handsom

handsom Regular member

Wow, like cereal, I too am surprised that this didn't get closed by a mod. Now that the poster has finally requested it, it would most likely be in the better idea to have a mod close it, etc.

Questions of this nature really don't belong here, although realistically, when someone tells you how to use a program like that, they really should tell you what to do with the files anyways, it just makes good sense.

Although, it is because of attitudes like that of the person who posted this thread cause the deterioration of thread relativity and legality, making it necessary to have the rules here. They are generally the same people posting all over here, with questions like

"Hey d00dz wh3r3 c@n I get s0me illeg@l g@mez0rz0rz?"

Yeah, sorry about that. But I've seen that phrase appear on another board. It was really sad. I would think though, that before going to such a length as the methods they used to get the files, they would also make an effort to be sure they actually understand the files. It seems ridiculous not to.

6. pressed

pressed Regular member

I kinda stopped reading after Auslander, but I originally thought this would be shut down, however, I read the rules and edited my message, because I think saying "a mod should/will/is (going to) shut this down" is also not cool in their book since they say let them do their job. As Auslander pointed out, it is ok to tell him how to do this, b/c we are not telling him where he can get anything, just what to do with what he already has. Infact, we could subsitute as follows:

Now that new "wording" will make you anti-piracy people happy eh? and no mod would shut that down! (not that they would anyway from before just trying to make a point). Ok buh bye :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  7. pressed

pressed Regular member

the cookie recipe part was supposed to appear in bold alone, but it didn't work...meh

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

OMG!

Rofl.

....Good times.

9. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

try MARTHA STEWARTS prison website ! LOL!

10. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

pm me i know a lot about cookies and other recipes.

11. handsom

handsom Regular member

Oh! Oh!

Do you know a good recipe for vegetarian lasagna? I loves me some vegetarian lasagna, especially the alfredo variety..... Mmmmmmmm...