1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloaded movie only shows black screen

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by merllin, Aug 9, 2004.

1. merllin

merllin Guest

i downloaded a movie and it is an AVI format. I have tried widows media player, nero, divx, real player and power dvd. All them start and the timer is going but there is no picture and no sound. I thought maybe that i downloaded a bad file, but what is taking up all the space then. I have been reading in the forums for over a hr and i am more confused than when i started and i didnt think that was possible. Could someone please help me??? i have also downloaded numerous other files and they are all the same.

desperate newbie

2. merllin

merllin Guest

when using gspot it tells me that the file is a divx5 file and the codec is installed. but still i get no picture or sound.

3. 2005

2005 Regular member

merlin, where did you download these movies from.. could you give me a coupla names on these movies, i think i know your problem.

4. merllin

merllin Guest

downloaded it from imesh, from different sources and the title is without a paddle

5. 2005

2005 Regular member

Just as i thought, your problem is your downloading copyrighted material, thats piracy and you will not get help with this topic, that moive isnt even out yet so i doubt you have a working pirated copy but either way what your trying to do is illegal.

6. hbom

hbom Guest

hi merlin,

have u found a solution? me's having the same problem.

downloaded several video files lately and all play silent black. have installed the latest codecs, tried different players and ... nada ...

if u (or anyboy) has found a way to handle this, me'd love to know ... by the by ... for member 2005 - merlin's was a technical question, not a moral one.

cheers
    h