1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded Movies from Kazaa

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by psxjohnny, Jul 14, 2002.

1. psxjohnny

psxjohnny Member

I have downloaded 2 different versions of Men In Black II. One was stamped TMD and the other HEM. Divx Player would not play them. I used virtualdub and it said missing block and did something in aggressive mode to restore video. Then when I was finally able to play them, it was a trailer over and over for an hour. Did I do something wrong or was it a bogus avi?

2. indie665

indie665 Guest

alas, this is a problem with kazaa. there are many movies that are currently in theaters that can be downloaded. they seem the right size in time, but are just trailers or featurettes looped. the quality of these films are bad anyway so don't bother downloading them. just rent them and make your own divxs

3. Guythalas

Guythalas Member

Ah, the little knowledge I have from my Warez pups...

When i movie is STILL in theaters, but for some reason it is downloadible, a couple things could have happend:

The movie got leaked early by someone working at Paramount, Dreamtheater ETC... if this happens you can have the best quality, and still see the movie sometimes even before it is in theaters.

Sometimes its what is called a "Screener".. (usally SMC releases these). A screener is used for the rating companies and movie preview people (Ebert/roper) to judge the movie and have the company add remove parts so it can fit a certain rating. These movies can be good quality, but sometimes differ slightly from the actual movie.

Another way, and the _WORST_ way is called CAM video.. this is where some hot shot brought his high quality video camera into the theater with him/her, and taped it. Sometimes they get the audio from another source, but usually you can hear people talking or laughing in the background. Swordfish was commonly released this way, and it was awful ;-)

the prior post has more accurate information to what you were talking about, but if anyone chances on this thread, it should clean up some information.

4. normski

normski Member

On the subject of movies from Kazaa, every "Screener" DVD rip that i have downloaded i cannot get the audio to play and the file properties show that the audio codec is unknown (my media players will not retrieve the appropriate codec because it cannot be established which one to use.) Any ideas how to make the sound work on these rips?

5. jiryna

jiryna Member

try to play it in RealPlayer.as I first time met DivX codec - RealPlayer told me what to need.(or findout it in VirtualDub)

6. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Has anyone heard of mirc? guess not or else you would know where to get your movies......

7. sponge

sponge Guest

how can i get my downloaded movies to play. example: Red Dragon. i downloaded both of the movies i need (1,2) and now nothing happens when i try to play them on real player, quick time, or even divex! HELP! do i need a patch or something?

8. crazybj

crazybj Guest

Ok so what channel in mirc do you go to, there are so many and they all have different rules and you have to go through so much to get files.Do you know?

9. axess68

axess68 Member

I downloaded Red Dragon a BUNCH of times and none of them work! I can watch all the other divx movies, screeners, etc that I have downloaded, but not this one. What is wrong with it??

10. Jake

Jake Active member

Maybe it´s someking joke that file. Or it´s ripped some other codec. Do you have aldery tried ffdshow or some software DVD-player? Try it, maybe that movie is encoded XviD or MPEG-2 codec..

11. axess68

axess68 Member

I finally got it from the IRC.

Wow. Was it worth the effort? EXTREMELY!

This movie was as good as Silence of the Lambs.

Incredible!

I will definitely have the DVD in my collection when it comes out!

Axess

12. russ2004

russ2004 Guest

i was wondering where to download full legth movies for free on the net, im new to this whole divx and zip stuff. im just bearly getting started in the stuff. i already downloaded the divx player and other stuff to play these files, but i need a website to download from.

and if u know a god music video place to download these sites please list it. axess68 i read your message and i was wondering where to download red dragon at and the extra plugins for it. my email is russ2004@hotmail.com, email me for the addresses. thanks

13. arnmcrmn

arnmcrmn Member

I have a video card that has a S video slot on it. I have downloaded several movies and would like to just play them through my PC to my TV. However, I see there is a problem with the sound. Can anyone help.

14. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

yeah, go to radio shack and see if you can get a mini-jack to RCA converter. I know they exist, I have one going from my sound card to the stereo in my room.. you then run that cable along with your S-Video cable out to your TV, and you will now have video and sound.

EDIT: on second thought, you probably want to get a mini-jack Y-splitter while you are at it, that way you can split the output so that your computer speakers still have the output and you don't have to get behind your pc and re-do the wiring every time you want to watch a movie on your TV.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2002
  15. manders

manders Member

Hello,
    I have downloaded the Movie Red dragon from Kazaa and I have a Windows media player and a have tried to play it on Kazaa and nothing but a black screen comes up! The movie is a AVI movie and i run on Windows 95 is that makes a difference. I really want to watch this movie and others but can't seem to get any to play. I can however watch music videos on kazza just not this movie. someone please help.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2002
  16. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Manders it is probaly a fake, and I can't tell you where to find one that is not a fake cause that is illeagal sorry......

17. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

18. manders

manders Member

Thank you and i will for sure try it. and sorry for posting that on your site.