1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded movies onto disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lach182, Feb 13, 2005.

1. lach182

lach182 Member

Hey im new to this kind of stuff but i have downloaded some movie files in mpg format and was just wondering wat would be the best program to use and also if theres a way to fit large files onto a smaller disk. Help would b greatly appreciated.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try Nero.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Smaller disk? not sure I'm following you on that one.

But about your other question. Unless the files you downloaded are in dvd ISO format, or they're a bunch of VOB files, the process of making regular mpeg's and avi's playable on a standalone dvd player is such a pain in the ass that you might lose interest in it before you even begin.

First off, it will take several hours to turn on avi about 350 megs large into dvd video compatable format.

Second, the file you get, without greatly compromising the quality, will be about 2.5 to 3 gigs. Really in most cases you can only expect to get about one one hour video onto one dvd.

My suggestion would be to get a dvd player that can play mpeg/divx/xvid etc. When I first came across the aforementioned fact, I decided to buy a Philips DVP642. Its only 69.99 at places like CircuitCity.com. It's not perfect, but I have been very happy with it. Trust me, if you think that you are going to be wanting to play a lot of downloaded vids on your TV, something like the DVP642 is definitely the way to go, in my opinion at least.

4. clairie

clairie Member

DivxToDVD will do the job great and it is free