1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloaded Movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dugarry12, Jun 16, 2007.

1. dugarry12

dugarry12 Member

Sorry, another one of these threads. I have downloaded a movie, an .avi file, and am just running it through the DivX Converter, (this is taking ages, is this normal?). Once this has done, all i need to do is burn the new file using CloneDVD or whichever program?
    Thanks

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Dependant on your specs and the size of the AVI file etc, time can vary. How long is ages? What are your specs? Do you multitask whilst doing it?

And yes, once you have converted the file, you will have a set of dvd video files (.vob, .ifo and .bup). All you have to do is burn these with the appropriate burning software. In your case, CloneDVD will be fine.

3. dugarry12

dugarry12 Member

Thanks Ripper, i really appreciae your help, i'm desperate for this to work lol. Once it's finished converting, do you mind running me through what i need to do using Clone DVD because i'm not entirely sure, i'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'd love to but unfortunately I don't use CloneDVD and don't have enough knowledge of it to run your through all the way, sucesffully.

However, another member should be able to help you out there. I'll make sure someone does infact help you out.

5. dugarry12

dugarry12 Member

Thanks alot, i'll let you know when it's finished converting

6. dugarry12

dugarry12 Member

Right, it's finished now Ripper and i've now got a file in DivX called 'Movies' which contains 4 files, 1 of which is the movie as a 'Div X video file'. Could you get someone to assist me please?
    Thanks

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What files do u have exactly?

8. dugarry12

dugarry12 Member

In my DivX 'movies' folder i have the Div X video file and 3 shorcuts. In my downloads folder there's the video clip, the text document and an MSInfo document.
    Thanks

9. dugarry12

dugarry12 Member

There's 2 things i need to enter in CloneDVD by the looks of it - the path of the IFO/VOB files to process and the ISO/UDF image filename to write to a recordable DVD, any ideas?

10. dugarry12

dugarry12 Member

Please, anyone help! Just need someone to run me through what to do with CloneDVD

11. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if you have nero,ashampoo, or any burning software, do you know how to burn a cd or a vcd? you would do this the same way, my self i don't use clonedvd, you say you are using dvix converter, are you converting to dvix to be played as a dvix file, if you want to make the files to be dvd complyment you have to make vob files, so they can be put on a dvd, but if you are wanting to make a dvix file you can put the file on a cd, aslo if you look at the top of this page you will see a tab that reads guides if you click on that tab you will find the guides to do what you are wanting to do, good luck