1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading movies

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by permatex, Jan 14, 2005.

1. permatex

permatex Regular member

my next project is to try and download movies but i have no idea as where to start or how.any help in this area would be appreciated.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

a lot of people have success with bit torrent sites, but I really like IRC. You can find tons of music, programs, and movies. Use www.ircspy.com and www.packetnews.com. Install a program called mIRC. Here are a bunch of guides on how to install, configure, and download files from IRC using mIRC: http://ircspy.com/guides.asp

3. fox0035

fox0035 Member

On every movie i have downloaded it is pixilzed has tiny squares in it have tried numours sites for downloads. What am i doing wrong do i have to put it through a filter or something to clean up the video?

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

@fox,
    A lot of video circulating on the web is going to be compressed. Compression makes the files smaller, making it quicker to dwnld/upld, but it also pixelates it. There is no way to fix this, other than to download larger files.

As far as downloading movies, there is no better place to find them then Usenet, also know as newsgroups. Everybody has their own p2p preference, but in terms of speed, amount of content, annonymity, validity of files etc etc, its the best. Of course, premium servers aren't free, but they are definitely worth the modest cost. Check out easynews.com, one of the best servers, though not the cheapest when it comes to heavy use. It's a nice place to get started though.