1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading of KaZaA

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by plaxxx, Nov 7, 2002.

1. plaxxx

plaxxx Guest

ok listen. First of All to me KaZaA is only good for Music and Apps/Games(some_)then for the movie part ... FORGet IT! you will only find a working movie on kazaa is IF it was uploaded onto KaZaA AFTER the release date in theaters. So, instead of wasting your time downloading movies that downt work try using an IRC Client. THIs WiLL_ help, i would suggest using mIRC for a newbie, it will take time to learn but people on IRC are friendly and are commited to help! enjoy!!! ___plaxXx___Desiplayaz___

2. Fallguy

Fallguy Member

Sorry matey! you are so far from the truth its unbeleivable........you obviously you dont use KaZaA.......KaZaA has a great selection of films and most of them arent even at the pictures yet....I recommend anyione to using KaZaA (while you still can)

3. mcquicker

mcquicker Guest

I have downloaded many film from Kazaa and my only gripe is that some of the people encoding the films, have a lot to learn, and that translates into having to re-encode films with VirtualDub, to be able to view them, and the slow transfer rate.

I am willing to try anything that transfers at a faster clip, so what are the options?

In the end, I wished everyone would agree to a standard of encoding of films, before posting them to the net, or making them available on Kazaa and the like, instead of improvising as they go along, which is the impression I get.

P

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No he's right actually. About 98% of the movies you download off kazaa before there release have been gotten from irc. I mean you have to have seen the irc.criten.net on a lot of the movies you get.

The reason for the need to re-encode in VirtualDUB is to keep filesizes to a minimum with compressed audio streams.

However, I disagree with him saying that every1 on irc is friendly! Thats completely off. A lot of the people on irc will try to trick you with trojans and viruses + they are usually only commited to help if you have a movie to trade unless your downloadin off fserves.

Kazaa is excellent for its speed though.

5. Fallguy

Fallguy Member

Yeah! your right, they do need to learn a few things......

6. chaoskid3

chaoskid3 Guest

i have downloaded and encoded till I'm blue in the face.....now when I try to play my copy in my DVD player, it only plays one frame at a time....!!! The sound is fine, the picture is frustrating....anyone help me here??
    This is an awesome forum and has helped alot...I feel I'm almost there, but I need a little push.....Thanks all....

7. Dela

What format did u convert it to to play in the dvd player.

8. chaoskid3

chaoskid3 Guest

I used avi2vcd to format to MPEG(I believe), and then Easy CD Creatore 5 to burn to VCD. I just downloaded the TMPGE program and will use that on another movie I have downloaded....it all gets so confusing after a bit and makes you wonder weather it's worth the trouble or not...but I'm a persistent S*B....lol.....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2002
  9. Dela

Easy cd creator is fine but i would strongly suggest that you try nero burning rom to burn the vcd.