1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading TV guide on DMR-E85H

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by inovation, Nov 5, 2004.

1. inovation

inovation Member

Can anyone please help with my machine, I have had it about a week and cannot get it to download the tv guide, I have a cable box hooked up, I found the code, it sends the signal to the box, and all it does when i have the recorder shut off like it states it needs to finish the downloading, is turn the channel when i am trying to watch something, also I noticed it starts at channel 02 and goes up to 99 and starts over, if this is the way it needs to download the channels. It wont go up into the triple digits!!! I have emailed Panasonic for help, cant even get them to return my email. I am about ready to return the unit!!! Please help

2. MTT1960

MTT1960 Member

Panasonic's Technical Help Staff is not all that helpful!
    I too have had trouble with them. Emailing Panasonic is even worse as it took 3 weeks to 1 month to even get a reply that they recevied my email! This is the PITS!

The TV Guide Info should come from your cable connection within a day or two...but the full 7 to 8 days of listings
    will take some time to get. You may want to try another recorder in case there is something wrong with your unit.

I have return two units up to this point because of CPU lockup or problems with an additional minute being recorded when it shouldn't.

Good luck,

Michael

3. jacota20

jacota20 Member

inovation

set the cable box to ch2,3,or 4 when the recorder is turned off in order to download the tv guide. if you change the box channel, the guide wont be downloaded correctly.

"when the unit is connected to a cable tv box, the cable tv box channel changes while the unit is turned off in order to download the television program list"