1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading wave gan

Discussion in 'Audio' started by earlburtnett, Sep 16, 2015.

1. earlburtnett

earlburtnett Member

hi
    I'm trying to install wavegain..it evens the loudness of audio files..does anone here know how toinstall it so tll work?

lenny

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Is this for wave files? I would back up your music before I would let that touch anything valuable.

This is one reason why it is smarter to use high quality mp3s to do this kind of stuff. All the mp3 music frames are all a relative loudness then in the header you have the amplification factor. When you normalize an mp3 you only change that one value. Waves are raw data each bit of data will need to be changed. I have seen enough weird stuff to be very careful. For instance, I had some lossless albums if I used a cue splitter on the lossless file then convert them to mp3s about 1 in 20 would have some kind of weird artifact. Some were so loud they would split your ears. It sounded like what you would hear if your car wind shield hit a large stone going about 70 miles per hour. There was not artifact if you converted the album to mp3 then cut it into tracks. Wave files can be very touchy.

In a double blind test with lossless an excellent mp3 such as lame VBR set to maximum fidelity can't be detected. Wave can reproduce 20,000 hz the mp3 is 19,970. Few persons above 20 can hear 18,000 Hz. Those do not listen to music or anything loud. By 25 you definitely can't hear the difference. This is know technology. They sell mosquito tones. That is based on this science.

3. earlburtnett

earlburtnett Member

hithanks but I'm looking to download this software.if you don't kow how to do it please don't respond..what you said makes no sense to me anyway..thanks

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I was trying to warn you of very possible consequences to your plan. I can see that was a waste of time.